Verisign Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.9

Junior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verisign (Reston, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview:
    Hiring manager interviewed for 30 minutes
    Pure technical questions
    Explain previous project and responsibilities: Prepare answers for every bullet on the resume
    Questions on Linux administration: if config, user/group creations, Ping, Internal/External IP address, AWS Security groups, VPC.
    Questions on Open Stack, Python/Shell Script: Say NO if you don't have any idea; Show interest to learn
    Questions on your education: What subjects did you take
    Behavioral Questions: Where do you see yourself in the next five years? Why did you choose systems admin? Why not Programming?

Face - Face Interview: 90 Minutes
    Interview with hiring manager and team
    Hands-on as well as whiteboarding
    It's like a rapid fire round from the team members - No questions from the Hiring manager.
    More questions from resume and previous work
    Prepare to explain your previous project on white board
    Prepare to write some code/algorithm and explain on white board
    Hands-on will be basic administration tasks: Auto SSH from one terminal to other, Install Apache and listen to the port.
    You are allowed to use the internet to perform hands-on. But hiring manager and the team will be watching your screen.

Mid Level Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verisign (Reston, VA).

Interview

Interview was from 12pm-4pm. From 12pm to 1pm you go out to eat with the interviewer in reston town center. Then you return and they start a practical. They will ask you a few questions then start the practical. They connect a computer to the TV and watch you complete the practical. No googling allowed. They will act friendly and all during the lunch but don't let that make you think you have the job. They will grill you on the practical with stupid questions. They love it if you know design patterns and algorithms. The practical is timed. The interviewers are nerds and awkward. A lot of awkward silence. Be prepared. Know algorithms, Design Patterns, Python, MongoDB. They also won't return your calls or emails if you do not qualify. Rude.

Interview Questions

• How would you make two applications communicate to each other?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between foreign and primary keys?   1 Answer
    • Discuss some design patterns.   1 Answer
    • Practical: Write an xml parser from scratch.   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verisign (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by email from an alumni who sent opportunities to my school's career services department. I was emailed by company a week after an online application. Was very busy at the time so I didn't prepare too well. Phone interview, cordial, introduced the company well and proceeded into technical questions.

Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verisign (Dulles, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Skype Interview: Long (about 40 minutes)
    2. General Behavioral Questions
    3. Some Technical Questions
    4. Formal Interview taken by three people.
    5. The interview process was pretty straightforward, get a call and the will fix the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work in a team?
      What is the thing that annoys you the most?
      Your Strength?
      Your Weakness?
      Why selected this company to do the internship?
      Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verisign.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty standard. Verisign first conducted a phone screen that lasted about 30 minutes. The next step was a pretty extensive in person interview that lasted 2 hours. I net with 5 different interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions for a scrum master position.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verisign (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Great, short and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current position   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verisign.

Interview

Applied in Carrer Service and got a email

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verisign (Reston, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter talking about the position. Then had a phone interview for tech screening with one of their programmer team, asked some fundamental questions about network protocols, big O notation and some basic programming questions. Got the notice for an on-site interview the same day. One week later, had the onsite interview at their Reston headquarter, interview lasted about 4 hours with 6 people in a 6 rounds 1 on 1 interview. Each lasted 30 min. The interview went pretty smooth, had most of the questions prepared and answered. Had not received any feedback after the interview, thought I got rejected in a silent way. I don't think that is professional.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer tend to be stay calm at all time, it is so hard to find any clue about their feedback during the interview, hard to interact   1 Answer

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verisign (Reston, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

First was an online test where they sent me a java file which had 3 coding questions:
     1.Implement method that finds the longest word in a given sentence.
     2.Sort an array in descending order
     3.Implement insert method that sorts the list as items are added

Then there was a phone interview which had questions in java
    Deadlock, arrays, classes,object pooling and many basic java and sql questions

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Verisign (Reston, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Recruiter sent a couple of questions via email, which needed to be answered before the initial phone screen. Phone screen took less than 10 minutes and consisted of the standard questions about why you are looking for a job, salary, etc.