Verisk Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verisk Analytics Interview Questions

Interviews at Verisk Analytics

2.8

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics.

Interview

There was a Phone screen call at first, then an email follow-up, which was followed by a digital interview, then technical round with questions on Excel, SQL and Python, final HR management call. Then the decision email.

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

I met the person from the company on career fair and gave him my resume. Then I got a phone screening asking me my expected salary and brief experience. Then I went to the office at New Jersey and met with the partner of the team, he gave me two cases that are pretty hard and requires some industry expertise.

Interview Questions

• How can you estimate the market size of Verisk consulting business?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2020.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 different people separately. Each for 10-30 minutes long. The first person interviewed with was lowest ranked then increased to the higher ups by the end of interview. I was nervous and starting with peer level then increasing to C suite was helpful. But very repetitive in questions

Interview Questions

• Why accounting? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Coop Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics in January 2020.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me with an hire vue video interview. It was one of my worst experience after two months got email regarding hiring freeze but didn’t expect much from the company anyways.

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Met in hotel as they do not have a local
    Office for the insurance inspections. Went over questionnaire and brief quiz. Over all a pleasant experience. After being hired there was comprehensive remote training and a mentor assigned to me in the field.

Interview Questions

• Any construction experience or experience with building construction classification?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2019.

Interview

The first round of interview has three stages: test, a 30-minute interview with a senior manager, and another 30-minute interview with another senior manager.
    The test, I believe, is designed to assess the ability to pay attention to detail and ability to explain why you came to certain conclusions.
    Interview, overall, was very casual, and no unexpected questions were asked.
    However, one of the two interviewers arrived late and did not seem prepared for the interview.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2019.

Interview

On campus recruitment - entire process took a little over a month and they moved along after each step quickly. After the OA stage, the interview process was more behavioral than technical.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral - tell me about a time when you encountered a difficulty and overcame it   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics.

Interview

I was interviewed for one of their many “subsidiaries” for a Solutions architect role. The interview process was quick and feedback was swift (almost too swift) and I appreciate that. The first round of tech interview was a 30 min call with a panel of 3 people. One of the interviewers gave me a use case and asked how I would solve it. It was a pretty straightforward scenario and he had some follow up questions but only so much can be talked about in 30 mins. The recruiter responded and said that I had cleared the interview and that not a single person they had lined up had crossed this step, which was a bit alarming. The next interview was a series of video conferences. The first person in the conference list was the same guy from the phone interview. He gave me a well documented albeit partial diagram and asked me how would I implement it. As I gave my solution I realized they already have a solution architecture designed and were looking for someone who’d “fit the traditional mould and think just like them”.

Pointed questions on why this? Why not that? ensued to a point that he blatantly told me that I didn’t work on something which I clearly do at my current work. I kept my cool and carried on. I mentioned a few solutions which he clearly had no idea on so he swiftly diverted away from those topics. After all there was only 45 minutes to throw curve balls at me.

This guy is in a Director position and I am thankful I won’t be working for him. The next person was fair and asked a mix of technical questions that were fair but by that time I kind of knew that they wouldn’t proceed with me which was the case as they had cancelled all the other rounds after the second round. If you are looking for a professional environment where your technical views will be respected this is not the right place. I only chose to interview with them because the position was local and their recruiters reached out to me, but I’ve learned my lesson.

Interview Questions

• Paraphrasing: “How would you solve this architectural problem that I already solved and think is is the right way to solve it?”   Answer Question

Strategy Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics.

Interview

Phone interview and then video call with the recruiter. Then encouraged to submit a full application for their traditional channels to meet with the hiring manager. They seem to focus on screening heavily before moving on to the next round.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics (Lehi, UT) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview consisted of a phone call and then a single whiteboard interview. I felt like they did a good job of getting me excited to work there and they also offered me a good amount. My buddy invited me to work for a startup so I turned them down, but I would have loved to work there.