Verisk Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was easy and I was referred by an existing employee.First phone interview, then Hiring manager and other managers ...panel interview was arranged. It was 4 weeks process.

Interview Questions

• tell us about your previous job experience.Behavior questions...Tell us about yourself. What did you do when the conflict in the team.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

HR is nice but unresponsible and unprofessional. Got 2 different onsite interviews for 2 similar positions. They all had similar structure, one exam before each interview, then 3 hours interview with 3 rounds on the same day, I believe if you pass you get the job. First round with 2 high level managers, second round 2 lower level managers, last round(if you have) with 2 even lower title people. 50% of people were nice, but you can see they don't care much. The first team was okay, they just didn't show any interest even before I introduced myself, they just didn't care. The second team I interviewed with today was very "diverse", first met with 2 senior managers, super nice people, had a lot of fun, talked a lot of the products and interesting things about the company, I felt like it was a normal conversation to know each other. The 2nd team was okay, met with 3people, the one at the corner was really sleepy, he kept yawning but definitely not a bad person, the other two were also nice. Finally, the last group, with 2 low title people, that one hour was a nightmare, first came in the room, sat down and immediately crossed legs like bosses,(any respect please?) asked me a tons of questions in detail about a non-related position that I had 3 years ago, kept asking why why why, it was a torture, I explained for a few times trying to clarify things, then they gave up, move to another question and repeat the same thing. Interestingly, they didn't have any experience with the software I used, when I explained, they didn't pay attention to try to at least understand what I said, ironically, they thought they were very smart to dip hard into the question, I was literally tired of speaking with them, it was a torture, not an interview, they went into the wrong field, they will be very successful if they work as FBI agent. I knew I lost the chance working with this company after seeing these 2 people. Now I understand why low title people are low, and why high level managers are high, it is the Personality!

Interview Questions

• Depends on the team and who you met, few HR quesitons when you met with managers, they have very nice people and very bad people. Depends on luck.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics in November 2017.

Interview

First behavioral interview followed by a pre-set video interview and a technical interview. Basically went through the resume. Ask the details about each project and a case study related to insurance.

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics.

Interview

First two rounds are phone interviews with HR and to whom the position will report. Both interviews are quick in general and efficient in general. Said will be in contact soon about the result but never really heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• walk through your resume
      why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Lead Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics (Lehi, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter to speak about role in Lehi office. Had one phone interview. Invited onsite for a total of 6 interviews. Onsite interview was poorly organized. I needed a laptop but was never told to bring one. In addition, I was supposed to use my laptop for webex interview sessions, the details of which were never sent to me before the actual date of the onsite interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Was referred by a family friend. Came to the office 15 minutes early, and was greeted by two department supervisors, and their manager. There were basic interview questions, and more specific ones relating to the field the position involved.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a few weeks later. Had a phone interview, followed by four in person interviews and a writing "test." I then had one more phone interview and a video interview. Basic interview questions - nothing out of the ordinary.

I got an offer the day after my video interview. While I likely would have accepted, it was way way under what I had said my minimum salary requirement was. I attempted to politely negotiate with a counteroffer. After hearing nothing, I follow up and am told that they are waiting on an answer from the hiring manager. Then radio silence. A few weeks later, I am given a call told that after some back and forth they've decided to put the role on hold.

What if I had accepted, resigned from my job, then they removed the role? Completely disorganized and unprofessional. No lack of transparency into the process. Totally dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge you have faced in the workplace, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Junior NET DEVELOPER Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics.

Interview

Was referred. Received a call from the HR the next day. Had an initial technical phone interview with the hiring manager. Followed by an onsite round which was also technical.

UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. In about a week I was asked for a phone interview which went pretty well. Then they asked me to come in for an on site interview which also went well followed by the final round interview. The interviews were positive and I had a lot of good feedbacks and was told I would hear back the following day. However, days went by with no response and days turned to weeks then eventually a month passed by. I had tried reaching out to them for updates but was constantly told that they would get back to me and that things were being stalled due to departmental issues but I recently saw that they had put the job posting back up. You would think that after 3 interviews, 2 of which were in person, the company would have the courtesy of informing their candidate of their decision. Highly unprofessional, disappointing experience.

Analytic Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1. manager called to explore mutual fit. 2. phone interview: ask about previous experience. 3. assigned a take-home small project. 4. on-site interview, five rounds: discuss take-home, coding, technical presentation, behavior questions, manager

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verisk Analytics.

Interview

The manager called and asked a few questions and set up a date and time for the interview. Human resources was not involved. The interview occurred in a hotel conference room. Two managers attended. It was simple with only a few questions asked. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Theoretically what would you look for if you were at a loss control survey for a chain restaurant; such as Denny's?   Answer Question