Veritas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Veritas

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Veritas.

Interview

All good, process were really easy.
    The people who takes the interview were well aware about the technology.
    Went really well. Hiring process were super cool.
    Total of four rounds were there. Nice, very nice
    There is nothing much to talk about it

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

It was an amazing interview process. You learn a lot about the company and about your interview skills throughout the whole process. I have not received an offer yet or been rejected.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Veritas (Roseville, MN) in March 2020.

Interview

Chatted with the recruiter over the phone, brought me onsite. Had 30 minutes with the hiring manager, then did about an hour with a panel of 4 people on the team currently. I thought the interview went really well, had another quick phone chat the next week with hiring manager and everything seemed awesome and ready to go. "We really liked you and your energy, we think you'd be a great fit!", the manager said.

Then they delayed a decision over and over again, during which I turned down a different offer because this one seemed promising and more interesting. The week I was supposed to find out, they went on a 30 day hiring freeze. The recruiter was extremely apologetic and agreed that this was an extremely scummy move on their part. The recruiter did say that the position was still available and that they would get into contact with me as soon as the hiring freeze was lifted, but the very next day I received a generic rejection letter.

I will never apply to Veritas again and would not recommend anyone apply there. They will string you along as if it's nothing, and then use excuse after excuse to not make a choice.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience with microservices, particularly docker?   Answer Question

Renewal Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Veritas (Lake Mary, FL).

Interview

Thorough and Educational. Interviewed with HR via phone, Hiring Manager & Manager of Hiring Manager twice (once in person and once via phone), and VP. In person interview consisted of mock sales interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself or expect to be in 5 years.   2 Answers

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Veritas.

Interview

Was great, had a panel interview over the phone with several in management in various departments within the company as well as with some of the peers I would be working with

Interview Questions

• I really can't think of any one question at this time that stood out in the process   1 Answer

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Veritas (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

There 4 technical round
    - 1st round basic technology related questions like java/python/shell scripting, file system, networking, database ,API question
    - 2nd round manager round go deeply into Automation frame work or selenium cucumber Jenkins docker REST API questions basic java/shell program
    - 3rd round again manager taken ask puzzles Jenkins docker JUnit Gradle testing related questions
    - final round taken by senior manager ask project and technology related questions given scenario to write program in java

Interview Questions

• java program
      Linux commands
      file system type
      API
      selenium codes
      puzzles   1 Answer

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Veritas (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

Worst experience....
    They have basically 4 rounds. 3 technical rounds and one Manager round . I gave first technical round and they made us wait like 4 hours and then they asked us to leave even if I cleared first round. It was a scheduled interview still they took first round after 2hrs and they didn't took my next rounds. They don't plan interviews properly. They don't have a enough panel. If they have a issue will profiles then they should have told us it in first place only.

Interview Questions

• What is mean by defect life cycle
      How will you define automation scope of test cases   2 Answers

Director, Communications and Collaborations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Veritas (Orlando, FL) in April 2019.

Interview

Overall process started well, initial phone screen with recruiting followed by a phone interview with the individual this position would report into. Shortly after I was contacted to have a second interview with the VP which occurred in early May. After the second interview all communications ceased, I finally followed up with recruiting and after a few days I received a response that one of the individuals was on vacation and they would get back to me shortly. I gave it two more weeks and after not getting a response I notified the recruiter that I would like to retract my initial interest. I was genuinely interested in the potential opportunity but the overall experience left me with a bad first impression.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you lead and manage a diverse team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veritas in April 2019.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to schedule the interview and then asked to push it out later to the afternoon, and then 10 minutes before the agreed time, she canceled. Then she asks for availability for tomorrow, so I gave what I have and decided for the next day and guess what, another no call for the time scheduled....what kind of process is this?

I can see why the company has a low rating of 3 (it's very much average) and the process is below that.

Interview Questions

• N/A because it never happened   1 Answer

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veritas.

Interview

coding challenge was difficult but got everything right but still didn't get a next round which was a bit upsetting and then received a generic rejection. Variety of stuff tested on initial coding challenge

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Veritas in January 2019.

Interview

Technical Interview over the phone followed by interview at the office by 2 technical engineers supporting netbackup. The questions were not about netbackup, but about networking, SAN, Unix, Windows and databases.

Interview Questions

• difference socket and port?   1 Answer
    • command used to verify TCP port is listening   1 Answer
    • hosts file UNIX
      Windows   1 Answer