Veritas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Veritas

2.9

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Veritas (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Typical sales interview by District Manager, Sales VP. They are not responsive often and likely had another candidate internally. Asked about technologies, how much did I know about the products.

Interview Questions

• Describe why you would be the ideal candidate.   1 Answer

Information Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Veritas in May 2016.

Interview

Tldr: they wasted a lot of my time and don't appear to have their act together.

Over the course of +30 days I exchanged more than 40 emails with the recruiter & various members of the team and made myself available for 6 phone interviews. The recruiter no showed for two of my scheduled calls.

When I last spoke to the recruiter a month ago they said they were going to schedule a phone interview with the group's director. It's been more than a month since last contact.

Also, the job description I applied for did
    not resemble the role described to me during interviews.

Interview Questions

• Generic work experience questions, nothing out of the box.   Answer Question

Veritas Response

Jul 18, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sorry that your recent experience with our Recruiting team did not meet expectations. We take negative reviews seriously and do our best... More

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Veritas (Orlando, FL) in April 2018.

Interview

Multiple Level / Phone and Panel Interview. Everyone was professional. Questions were based on well I understood business, problem-solving etc. They did not go deep on technology although they made it clear that training would be a big part of the job.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff. Nothing crazy. "Give us an example of a problem you overcame...and how you did it?"   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Veritas (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting . Had a great conversation with a current employee. The interview process was fairly easy. I did an online coding challenge which was standard, but did not get a callback.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veritas (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

one 45 mins one on one interview, couple technical questions, one coding question asking about the sorting algorithms and another 45 mins for behavior question, like how you gonna manage a team,

Interview Questions

• the different between tree and graph, what's the four principle of Object Oriented   1 Answer

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

1technical round , covered qa Processes, review agile, people management question,they normally call for face to face interview at Baner. Panel include 2 person, recuirter are supporting but don't follow up as much as they should.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veritas.

Interview

I applied for the job in May, two weeks later I got an email from the Talent Acquisition person asking me to submit a design exercise that included icon redesign, instructional manual design and UI design. He gave me a week to completed it. After I submitted it I never heard back from him. I emailed him and called him to know the status of my application without response. It has been almost 2 months and there was no word from him. Eventually, I got a job. I can't believe that a worldwide company completely ignores their prospective employees.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Veritas.

Interview

I was recruited by an external recruiter hardcore for months for a position at this company. I had hesitation because of everything I read about the Veritas and Symantec breakup. Turns out i should have listened to my gut. I took the call from the recruiter which led to 4 rounds of interviews, each one progressing, very quickly. All 4 happened within 3 week time frame. I thought interviews went very well and feedback from the recruiter after each interview indicated that very much so. After 4th interview I was literally "ghosted" by the recruiter, and the company. When I asked for feedback they said they were interviewing other candidates and would be in touch. Nothing. No feedback, no contact. Zero. Very unprofessional company, still reeling from their breakup with symantec. They didnt make their numbers, firing more staff, chaos insuing. Id say now knowing everything i know, I definitely dodged a bullet. Stay away for now. This is not a healthy company. Zero core values.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veritas (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Very drawn out process, 6 to 8 weeks. And I didn't even hear back from them at the end, after multiple rounds of interviews and talking to managers and even a VP. The team was nice but the recruiters are worthless, no idea what they're getting paid for.

Interview Questions

• lots of STAR questions. No case but the discussion with the manager was the same as doing a case on the spot.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Veritas (Orlando, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Initially there was a phone interview by the recruiter. This was then followed by technical phone Interview followed by face to face technical and HR meeting. Once shortlisted, there was a meeting with the VP and a walkthrough with the team.