Veritas Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Veritas Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Veritas

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veritas (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty good communication. The recruiter is very friendly and asks the related topic of CS. And it takes about 2 hours to finish the process. The problem involved what kind of course you like or dislike, what kind of project you have done.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Veritas

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Veritas.

Interview

It's an on-campus intern interview which has 2 rounds and 45 minutes a round. In the first round, I was asked about the basic concept about java like abstract, inheritance etc and bubble sort. In the second around it's a work simulation and an easy algorithm.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veritas in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with two people for an hour each. They started with technical questions, then asked more general questions like how I worked in a team or what projects I'd done on my own.

Interview Questions

• What is a software project you have worked on that you are proud of.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veritas in February 2017.

Interview

(First round) Online Assessment
    30 minutes with 2 coding problems and 10 questions related to data structure and web.

(Second round) Phone Interview
    Two 45 minutes interview
    First one is simple question on the resume and briefly describe the service Veritas provide. This is around 20 minutes.
    Second one is a very detail interview with resume and behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Union two sorted array with unique elements and the time complexity
      A[4] = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5} B[3] = {4,5,6} => C[6] = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6}   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Veritas (Boston, MA) in July 2018.

Interview

First round was online coding challenge round which was related to computer science algorithm concepts.It involves the knowledge of data structure problems which can be done using different programming languages

Interview Questions

• It involves the knowledge of data structure problems which can be done using different programming languages   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Veritas (Pune (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Aptitude was damn easy.
    Coding question was too easy, the other ones could be answered directly if the concept is known.
    First round of interview first started with a random guy allocation. They started with coding of B+ Trees. Then Linked List normal intersection questions. Asked questions about debugger in g++ and gcc. They have no language constraints, but they are super uncomfortable with Python. It all depends on your luck, who comes along.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veritas (Pune (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Wasn't too formal, the interviewers were easy going and were friendly. The kind of questions that I was asked was pretty different from the ones I was asked elsewhere, although that is a nice way. Quite a few puzzles and scenarios were discussed apart from regular programming questions.

Interview Questions

• A windowless room contains three identical light fixtures, each containing an identical light bulb or light globe. Each light is connected to one of three switches outside of the room. Each bulb is switched off at present. You are outside the room, and the door is closed. You have one , and only one, opportunity to flip any of the external switches. After this, you can go into the room and look at the lights, but you may not touch the switches again. How can you tell which switch goes to which light?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Veritas (Kolkata (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

The first round is a coding round, where u would get 20 mcqs and a coding problem. the time alloted was 60 mins. the coding problem was very easy. MCqs had just the ouput type questions . Practise c/c++ output quizzes from geeksforgeeks to make it easy for u. The test is organised in hackerank and u are free to choose any language. Coding in phython gives u advantage as u can use in built functions.

Interview Questions

• the coding problem was to convert the input into binary and count the no. of set bits and send the positions of that bit in an array.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Veritas.

Interview

An online test was conducted first, that consisted of some MCQs and two coding questions on linked lists.
    In the technical interview, they asked questions about projects I had done, two puzzle questions and a class modelling question.

Interview Questions

• A class modelling question based on parking lot and two types of vehicles that had different prices for parking.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veritas (Pune (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a one day process.
    1st round consisted of 20 MCQs based on c++, CS concepts and quantitative aptitude and 2 coding questions with time duration of 1 hour.

Coding question 1:
    Given a number X and a linked list containing integer number in each node, delete all the nodes whose integer value is greater than X.

Coding question 2:
    Given a linked list determine if the list contains a loop. Print "YES" if loop is present otherwise "NO".

Shortlisted students were interviewed.
    There were 2 technical interviews and one HR interview.
    I cleared the first aptitude and was called for the interviewed.

I was one of the last to be interviewed.
    Recruiters went on offering letters to the candidates whose interviews went well.
    I mean, they hired candidates even before interviewing all of them.

Although I cleared the 1st technical interview, the person from talent acquisition team informed me that they could not consider me for further process because they had reached their limit instead told to approach them again after my graduation.

This was unfair. How could they hire candidates before evaluating all of them?
    There was another candidate who faced the same unfair treatment.

I think management should chinage this kind of recruitment procedure.

Interview Questions

• Design a String class.   1 Answer
    • Design a Stack class using template.   1 Answer
    • Design a database for a stationary shop.   1 Answer
    • Write code for any sorting algorithm.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself/ general introduction.   1 Answer