Veritas Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Veritas Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Veritas

Anonymous Employee in Heathrow, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Veritas (Heathrow, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

Initially I got a short technical phone interview. After I was interviewed in person by a panel of 4 engineers. Most questions were related to database, network connectivity and also how I managed cases.

Interview Questions

• How to check connections between servers. What commands would you use?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Veritas

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veritas (Mountain View, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

It was fun. There were multiple people in the interview, I think four and from two sides one side being across the phone in Massachusetts. It was a technical interview and they let me think before answering the questions

Interview Questions

• The technical leader asked me how to in encapsulate root   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veritas (Roseville, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by an internal recruiter and had another phone interview lined up within 24 hours of applying. Following the phone interview I was invited to an in-person interview as well. Everyone was very helpful and the entire process went smoothly.
    The questions that were asked were on-point and thought out, although some were repeated over the 3 interviews I received.
    I was offered a very competitive rate.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veritas (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2014.

Interview

Initially I started talking to HR like a normal interview. After the first round I was interviewed by a project manager who didn't know the team or what their daily tasks were. Final interview was with two other Technical Support Engineers who weren't prepared. All in all a bit of a strange interview process, but they were rushing the interview to get me started early which might explain it. Everyone was very nice throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• They would ask into technical skills with much emphasis on Linux basic commands, CLISH, UNIX etc.. Anything related to the work I would be doing.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veritas (Reading, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial Interview with HR & the face to face interview at Reading Office.
    HR coordination was pretty good.
    In the face to face interview there were 2 interviews. Interview with Hiring manager & that was very pleasant & good.
    Second one was with 02 guys from the same team. Which they sort of put you under pressure to fix a given scenario. I thought that was bit useless to be honest & I lost my interest on the role. They also expected same sort of know from me at the spot.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Veritas (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2013.

Interview

very specific netbackup questions and infra used for netbackup to deploy his magic, network, storage, data management in general. Very common questions you can find in linkedin process interview stuff..

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veritas (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Face-to-face interview
    then technical phone interview
    Start probational working at Veritas for first 3 months, company will provide internal training for send to office professional training course. Then employee is required to attend STS online test, if pass the exam, employee will stays otherwise, leave company.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Veritas (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

It was a long time ago, but first interview by HR asking basic questions, then two technical rounds and then a Management round.
    A few sets of technical scenario discussions which involve asking about a particular scenario and then based on the responses they may ask more technical questions involving tools, etc. and then may alter the scenario too based on the responses.
    The management interview was more focussed on discussing a difficult situation one may have been in their previous role and how did you handle it, etc.

Interview Questions

• The technical round was technical scenario based and focussed on troubleshooting aspects and the management interview was mainly about customer relationship and how to handle different situations in a tough customer environment.   Answer Question