Verizon Interview Questions in Ashburn, VA | Glassdoor

2.9

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Ashburn, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the company's recruiter and had a first interview with him. Next he scheduled an interview. I was interviewed by Hiring Manager and Senior Engineer on the same day so it was pretty quick.

Interview Questions

• Asked for my previous experience.   1 Answer

Tier I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon (Ashburn, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was very easy when i was in the interview. They just asked questions about my past jobs and what I did. Nothing technical just really easy questions. But its always good to know what they do.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Ashburn, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was managed by a subcontractor. After three phone screenings I was called in for a face to face interview. I was onsite two hours and met with three Verizon employees. I started with a long time employee that was looking for help getting the work done. The second was very technical and asked very technical questions. The third was a VP who was interested in documentation and process.

Interview Questions

• Two of the three asked what would my APPROACH to problem solving.   1 Answer

Senior Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon (Ashburn, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward, was interested in my previous experience and how I could bring that expertise to support the company. I was asked to provide some examples of how a problem occurred, how it was handled and how it was resolved so that it doesn't happen again. Had some situational questions if in an event that an attack occurred what are the course of action. Overall it was straight forward, no gimmicks or attempt to manipulate the question. It was a positive experience and felt comfortable the entire interview process.

Interview Questions

• What were some of things you've accomplished at your previous company?   Answer Question

Lead Systems Consultant - Systems Analysis &Amp; Programs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Ashburn, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a two person panel interview. The questions were pretty easy. It was the basic IT questions. The manager called me but took two weeks to interview me. Did not hear anything for three week. He called back finally but there was no budget so no one was hired.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Ashburn, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Primitive. I got a call from an EA currently in the role trying to fill her own position which I found odd at Verizon being that in the past, i've always been called by HR. I spoke with her for 1. hours and NOTHING was mentioned about needing a TS/POLY for this job. I was called back for another interview on a holiday week with a DIRECTOR, not a VP who I was told this role was supporting and wasted another 3+ hours of my time in an interview to get told I'd receive a call in a couple of weeks. Well, I got home to his EA calling me to get my input on the interview. She told me she hadn't spoken to her boss yet about how things went and vowed to call me back either way to let me know if I should expect to hear back in 2 weeks. No call. It's really unprofessional and I hope they get what they have coming since they don't know how to be courteous and professional.

Interview Questions

• Can you organize teambuilding events like chili cookoffs?   1 Answer

Contractor Vice President Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Ashburn, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Team I directly dealt with was great, process is long and in my 25 years of HR experience have never seen a company that requires as much information as Verizon does. 7 years of proof of income statements via W2, 1099 or tax statements. Over the top from a candidate perspective.

Negotiation

They were aware of my requirements going into the negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Ashburn, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

Good. Not overly informative but everyone was friendly and accomodating. Phone screen with a recruiter followed by a phone interview and a 1:1 with the hiring manager. Similar questions asked in both interviews. Didn't really give a chance to talk about more experiences. Seemed a little unstructured.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Ashburn, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Two back to back interviews, each 30 minutes. First was a technical interview. Past experience, language preference, skills, etc. Second was behavioral, past projects, working with a team, specific examples, etc. They did not ask for any solving of problems. Very standard interview, should not be a problem for majority of people.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a project or task where you overcame a difficulty.   1 Answer

Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Ashburn, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call about a month after applying from a recruiter in Nebraska and gave her all my info. After going back and fourth on the phone for a few days, I was passed off to a recruiter in Texas where I had to provide all my info. over again plus how I could fit into the role. We finally scheduled the on-site interview. When I arrived for the interview it started out mostly conversational about what role they are trying to fill and how my experience and background could fit. It lasted about 30 minutes and then I was handed a general IT security test to complete within 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Analyze this raw payload data and tell us what the attacker tried to do and when.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter asked where I wanted to be salary wise. I told her and she came back a couple days later with an offer very close to what I wanted plus bonus, which I wasn't expecting. I didn't need to negotiate any further.