Verizon Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.7

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position in May and I received an invitation to take the ASSESSMENT a month later , I passed the assessment like I did before and then two days later I was invited to do a phone interview, My phone interview lasted about 30 minutes, the guy was very professional and kind, but I'm not confident If I got the job or not, because I have been through this process before and I never made it past the phone interview. As a great employee who is very hard working and never had any attendance issue and never have been fired before from any job, I can say that the hiring process is too stressful and absurd . My advice to Verizon If you want to keep employees please check to see how long can the candidate maintain a job and stop hiring people who change jobs like they changed clothes. you need dependable employees. the training is 12 weeks why making people sell a product before getting the job. please find a way to make the hiring process less stressful for the candidates. Honestly this is my last interview with Verizon if I don't get the job I will never apply again.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The initial interview process was mostly based on a set of questions that ask one to tell about how he or she solved issues when faced with technical and people challenges.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to...? How did you address the situation, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

After the Online Application, after 2 days received an email for Video Interview. The video interview is 5 behavioral questions. You have to record the video answers and submit. Following this it is HR phone call then technical call and the last round is onsite face to face, which covers HR but also technical.

Interview Questions

• Basically it has behavioural questions in the video interview, like why you want to work with us, what are your goals etc.   Answer Question

Customer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was pretty quick, which was nice. Want to say 3 weeks total and could have been quicker if I scheduled interviews sooner. I applied online and was sent an assessment to complete. It's pretty easy and just assesses your ability to multi-task, type, and behavior in the type of software they utilize.

Within a few days I was contacted for a phone interview. There interview process is very structured. You can choose from available time slots. They email you a very useful information sheet that goes over company values, specific information about the role, and salary and schedule info. They also link some videos for you to watch about the role and company. It was pretty scripted as they are pretty much typing everything you say, but the woman I interviewed with was nice and we had some decent conversation which is always a plus. It lasted about an hour. She let me know on phone that I would have a face to face interview and gave me tips on how to prepare.

Within a week after the phone screen I had my face to face. Surprisingly it was only with a single recruiter and not with an actual call center supervisor which I found to be very odd. She asked the same questions that they asked in the phone screen. It felt very rigid and structured. Basically sat me in this small room- think a doctors office and the chair you can sit in instead of hopping up on the table. She sat across from me on the computer and asked scripted questions and she recorded responses word for word it seemed like. It felt more like giving a statement to an investigator or like I mentioned earlier, talking to a doctor about my symptoms vs an actual interview. Did not seem quite natural. I understand this makes it efficient for them and probably helps candidates not get lost in the shuffle as well, but the typing and lack of eye contact is weird. But the interview went through my resume and had a behavioral question or two and some role play. The role play can seem odd, but the key is to ask questions to assess the customers need. The interview was somehow shorter than my phone interview, which I took as a bad sign. And sure enough the next day was presented with a denial email. I was surprised given my qualifications and how well I usually interview, but I am pleased with how quick the process was overall and with the structure.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was reached out to by email and phone call for a phone interview by the recruiter. The recruiter was extremely nice and the interview was easy. The phone interview took 20 minutes, and the questions were easy questions. For example, "Tell me about your summer intern last year?", "What projects did you do?", etc.

Interview Questions

• about a project you worked on and how can that help the department   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied 11/26/16 and received email 12/15/16 to do additional assessments. Once I completed the assessments, I received an email about setting up phone interview. Once phone interview was over we set up my f2f interview for the next morning (today). Now waiting to see if I get an offer. She said I will know later next week due to the holidays.

Interview Questions

• When doing the role play, make sure you ask probing questions and try to establish relationship with fake client.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Did application and received an email about 2 weeks later to take assessment, 2 days later received an email to schedule a phone interview. Passed the phone interview and scheduled a face to face interview for 2 days after, received a phone call exactly a week later with job off. Interview was pretty much just like any other interview, going over job background and experience. Also included a role play with selling a product to a customer and dealing woth angry customers as well as customer retention.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. Answer in STAR method   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email a few days later to complete a video montage. There were one question to describe yourself and 4 video recorded interview questions. I am still waiting on there answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself?
      why do you want to work for verizon?   2 Answers

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Online Application was pretty long, the skills test took maybe 90 Minutes to 2 Hours. Once completed you may receive a call back from a hiring manager based on your results. They will set up an interview with you and you will go to main campus. Building was very presentable and so was my interviewee.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you at selling something to a customer?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Brief 10 minute Phone interview
    Spent about 3-4 hours on their campus. It included:
    1) Group tour
    2) Group Activity/Test
    3) Personal Interview by 2 people
    The group activity was super fun and it just tests how you work with others. It wasn't technical at all. The decision is still pending...