Verizon Business Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Business Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Southfield, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

They prescreen by a call. Then 2 face to face interviews. They have a panel interview. A lot of the questions they ask are situation based. Like tell me a time when.....

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you faced with a situation that couldn't solve. What did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The application process was very straightforward through the Verizon portal. I applied online by submitting my resume and reviewing the online form to add any pertinent information. I was contacted about a week and a half later by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. I set up a phone interview 2 weeks later, although I did have the option to do this immediately. The recruiter was very thorough in explaining details about the position and opportunities to advance at Verizon. She then asked some background questions about work history and then went into behavioral questions. The interview was fluid. If you read through a variety of Glassdoor interviews and spend time looking at behavioral questions and thinking about your past work experience, you will do fine in a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an event in which you had to handle a difficult situation at work and what techniques or strategies did you use to resolve the problem?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Norwalk, CT) in January 2012.

Interview

Professional, friendly interviewing manager. Attentive, it was too long ago to remember. This process is exhausting, argh. I was however impressed with the hiring manager at the time. Well deserved he was soon promoted

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter. Moved on to an in person interview with the hiring manager and then a panel style interview. A final interview with the director of sales. It's important to close the interviewer at the end of each phase in order to move on to the next steps. They are looking for aggressive hunter style salespeople that aren't afraid to prospect (cold call).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you couldn't make a customer happy no matter what you did. What steps did you take to save them? And what happened when you couldn't?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't any room for negotiations although I tried. They made it clear that the wanted me for the position but the salary parameters were fixed.

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon (Wayne, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

the interview is a great experience in an office setting with the staff of the firm which allows you a chance to become knowledgeable on what the needs of the position would require.

Interview Questions

• are you able to work in a fast paced environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiable stag was showing up for a second interview and learning all of the company's material in the training, once your set in those tasks you should work towards your goals.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Louisville, KY) in December 2015.

Interview

I was an enteral hire. They value the ability to prioritize. Give examples of this, and showing a self starting ownership personality. Speak to ability to find information, even if that includes asking management for an answer that you feel you should know. The most important factor (even above your ability to Cold call) is your ability to prioritize.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you were double booked and how did you handle it. What tools did you use. How did the customer react to this information that you gave them when you were double booked. Almost all questions in the interview were situational questions. They are looking for precious situations you have been in similar to this.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

First it starts off with a phone screening from HR. They will then move you to higher management for an interview! This is a basic interview , with a role play task, you must call a client and set up a meeting with them to try to get them engaged and to purchase your products !

Interview Questions

• Basic style interview questions:

Name a time where you had to go above and beyond to finish a job?

Why Verizon?

What are the most important qualities you have that fit this role   Answer Question

Business Account Executive Interview

Interview

2 interviews after qualifying through HR. One Sr. Manager and Associate Director.
    Be prepared with a 90 day plan of action and how you expect to bring sales in.
    Focus on activity driven appointments and solutions selling.
    "Sell me this pen" style of questioning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. DOE.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Syracuse, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

First a screen with HR, then an interview with Sales Manager, then interview with Associate Director, last but not least an offer. They will have you roll play for the role and they like very "salesy" people, make sure you follow an exact sales script and be very professional the entire way through the process.

Business Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon in June 2015.

Interview

Internal interview for B2B. Made connections and shadowed employees currently in the positions. Presented an action plan on going to market and explained it in detail. Was screened by area manager and was asked about my time at the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you found opportunity where none was thought to be and how that impacted the clients experence.   1 Answer