Verizon Interview Questions in Cary, NC | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2016

2.6

Lead Technical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Cary, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was very simple through Human Resources. Phone screening interview and second with hiring manager. Second interview lasted about an hour and was divided in two sections, general questions, secondly technical oriented.

Interview Questions

• How do you react in conflict situation with another person ? How do you manage these kind of situations ?   Answer Question

Order Management Coordniator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Cary, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Slow and disorganized process. Phone screen, phone interview, onsite interview, and lots of confusion and waiting in between. Worked with four different people from HR never maintaining a single point of contact for the role. Was told the company was looking to move fast early in the process, and ended up waiting weeks between contact and interview. HR constantly setting expectations and not meeting them. One of the managers during the phone interview was very rude. Thought all hope was lost after the phone interview, but I was eventually given an onsite interview. This interview went very well, but again I was given false expectations on what to expect next.

Interview Questions

• How do you meet deadlines?
      How do you stay organized?
      Why Verizon?
      Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Cary, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with Manager. Interview with manager. Technical interview with team. Technical interview was about 25 minutes using white board. Two team members and one Tech lead. Challenging technical interview but well managed and considerate. Answers provided for missed questions and no real sense of pressure. VERY professional.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between TCP and UDP. Which is more secure? Why? What is the TCP three way handshake? What is process 1 in Unix/Linux? (init) why is it 1? It is the parent of all processes. What are the steps to compile a program using GNU make? README, read configure check it for needed adjustments. ./configure, make, make install, make clean.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Cary, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy going interview. Met with my recruiter and the Hiring Manager for Verizon. The interviewer asked me the questions listed below and I answered them honestly. The interviewer was very personable and answered all the questions I asked fully. The interview process was very professional and I was offered a position shortly after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Project Management Coordinator?   1 Answer
    • What are you long and short term goals?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a PMP, CAMP, or ITIL Certification?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Engineer A Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Interview

General questions were asked about my previous experiences. I was asked how much was i expecting in terms of compensation. I was asked if I had any experience with the products they used in data circuit provisioning and activation.

Conference Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon (Cary, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

I was asked a few questions related to being on the phone, then asked to read a script. The script basically was an example of the type of information to be presented or required for the position on a daily basis. I was told I would hear back from them in a week, in which I did and was offered a position pending a the completion of the background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• How in the past have you dealt with an angry customer?   Answer Question

NOC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon (Cary, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

Received a phone call for an on-site interview. Was referred by an employee. Only technician skills required were basic computer skills. The interview focused on personality traits and "how did you respond when"-type questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been on a team where someone was not pulling their own weight? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verizon (Cary, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview process was easy the hardest was being informed by the recruiter

Interview Questions

• I didn't have one, my manager that interviewed me was down to earth up front really nice.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted right away

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Cary, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

Went to a job fair, met the hiring manager and set up an interview. Interview went well and I was offered the position - worked there for 15 years.

Interview Questions

• Provide details of experience in previous position - what did you do that was successful   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Verizon (Cary, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied for a manager position in my department and was Interviewed by the Senior Manager and Director. Other candidates were interviewed, as well. The entire process took about two or three weeks before an offer was made to me. Both the Senior Manager and Director were very professional during the interview. I felt comfortable answering all of their questions.