Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Cranberry, PA).

Interview

They are looking for energized positive people.
 How well do you take direction and criticism?
 Describe a time where you dealt with and impossible timeline, customer or situation and how did you over come that and what was the outcome.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out of the crowd   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a little nerve wrecking. First there is a phone interview and they will let you know right away if they want you to advance. Then after they schedule you for the real deal, you go into a room with 2 senior staff and they take turns putting you through different scenarios to see if you should be a call center rep or in a store doing sales. They call you in the room- test you then ask you to wait in the lobby 3x. You again will know immediately if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• They will test your knowledge about the electronics they sell. Then they will role play: I have always had an iPhone but I saw a commercial about another phone last week that's water proof and has a really good camera. I might be interested but I don't know what it was.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Columbia, SC) in December 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview
    1 in office assessment
    2 face to face interviews
    Supply high school diploma
    Drug test with urine and hair sample
    Extensive background check
    In person assessment with typing test and after interview

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for verizon   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Was interviewed 12 years ago so I know the interview process has changed slightly. I met with the current district manager and HR rep at the time of my interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

The interview process was two part: one phone interview and one in person interview. The interview process was easy. The interview process via phone lasted close to 30 minutes. The in person interview was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you went above the call of duty for a customer? How would you handle a difficult customer? The questions were easy; but you must elaborate in regards to your answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Huntsville, AL) in January 2013.

Interview

The initial interview is a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview they have you come in for an assessment. If you pass the assessment, then you are scheduled for a face to face interview. The whole process took me a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered a difficult customer. What was the situation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Hilliard, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Take online assessment. If you are able to complete you get a phone interview. They don't care what you say, and they try to intimidate you. Remember you are just one of hundreds interviewing so don't expect to be treated like a person or talk to anyone friendly. Then interviewed in person. The interviewer seemed like he hated his job and typed out my response to every single question. Can you imagine you are trying to put your best forward to show them your customer service and they are staring at a computer screen typing verbatim. I never felt so disrespected. It should have been my clue of what was to come.

Interview Questions

• What would you say if someone damaged their phone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Rancho Cordova, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

At least three interviews all with the STAR format. Situation, Task, Action, Result. Stay within those guidelines and emphasize whatever skill you used such as tact, tone ability to rationalize, etc.

Interview Questions

• A situation when you had to tell someone something they were not going to like.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a very easy interview. I got the job from a referral from a friend. I was told by the person hiring me that I could work the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

First there was an online assessment that asked personality based questions.
    Next a phone interview, then another assessment in depth that had practice calls and additional personality questions.
    Next you're scheduled for a face to face interview, they call if you get an offer.