Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Customer Service Representative

Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Huntsville, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very long and in depth. They want to hire good candidates for the position. I thought I did really well during the interview process and was sure I got the job. Nope. I didn't even get a call. Expect to answer behavioral questions in star format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have to deal with an angry customer and what did you do to resolve it ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Wilmington, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

There were many steps; apply online, phone interview, skills test, in person interview, background/drug test. The process was so involved and it took weeks for it all to be completed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process did not take much time I applied and heard something back within a week. Received email to do assessment passed it then got another email to schedule phone interview three days later got rejection email.

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ).

Interview

I had to take an online assessment first. There were three timed tests. One was a behavorial test, one was more of a customer service based test, which included typing, reacting to customers, and choosing the best answers. The last test was a technical test, which was 45 minutes long and 40 multiple choice questions. This test was diffiicult. I recommend using the study guides that they provide for you online. You are immediately notified if you pass or fail the assessments. After passing the three assessments, two days later I receive an email, wanting to schedule me for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes, and I was asked one question. Describe your current job duties. This is to see if your current job correlates to the job you are applying to. I passed the phone interview and am currently awaiting a final interview.

Interview Questions

• The online assessments were 3 tests total, quite intense. The first interview was a screening interview to the real interview. I am currently waiting on the (hopefully) final interview.   49 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Greer, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon (Greer, SC) in June 2014.

Interview

I was hired at Walmart as a Cashier but i was offer a job to work as Customer Service Representative in the Cash Center . The hiring process did not take long at all. I went in for a interview and came out with a job as a cashier. I worked for a month and the made me a job offer fpr customer service and hired me on. Walmart was a great experience for me and i love working with people and meeting there needs.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you consider most important in this retail job?   1 Answer
    • What interests you about selling to customers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Boise, ID) in January 2012.

Interview

Long computer application,then two phone interviews with HR personnel at corporate office, then an in person interview with store manager at the location I was applying for before getting hired.
    Follows the "tell me about a time when..."
    There is a format they have to follow.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to say no to a customer. What was the end result?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Apply online, they call the next day or so, setup a phone interview, the phone interview is easy, setup an face-to-face interview, go to the interview, lie to you at the interview, background check and drug screen, and get scheduled for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Andover, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

written test, then customer service phone test on computer. There was 12, only 3 passed the written. You came back a week later to do the customer service test. Easy if you know basic math

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Rolling Meadows, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for VZW customer service in the beginning of August 2016. Received an email within 3 days from HR recruiter to set up an over the phone interview. The man was really nice and explained everything within our 45minute conversation. He asked a few behavioral questions at the end and told me he will forward my resume to hiring manager and I will get a call within 48 hours to set up a face to face interview. He gave me a few pointers for the interview and basically told me what to expect, which was very nice of him. Got a call 2 days later from another HR recruiter to set up the interview. 2 days later I had the interview with a very nice woman. We clicked almost instantly. She was very pleased I showed up 30 minutes early! She asked behavioral questions, call center scenarios (which I hated!-- Only because you're just guessing what to say because you don't know VZW procedures yet). I waited the longest 7 days of my life to receive a call from a recruiter to tell me I got the position. EXCITED MUCH! Start in September. Good luck guys!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Greenville, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

Took online assessment and had a phone interview. Got a rejection email but was encouraged to reapply. Had a second phone interview that was nearly identical to the first one; scheduled an in person interview at the office. Waited 30 MINUTES on a Saturday morning; the receptionist had to call the recruiter to let him know I was there, and only then did he explain to me that there had been a scheduling mixup. Waited nearly a week to confirm a new interview time.

The two hiring managers I spoke with had laptops they were always typing into. I thought I had nailed most of their questions and role plays but then I did something dumb. I mentioned that i had heard of people having heart attacks on the floor and asked how Verizon helps its employees manage stress. They gave me some standard answers and I played along, but then I got another rejection email. That must have been the deal breaker.

I liked the hiring managers but getting stood up for the first interview was incredibly unprofessional, so maybe this was a sign that I should not be working here anyway.

Interview Questions

• standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Lots of making sure I was ok with working crappy hours for at least the first 2 years.   Answer Question