Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

117 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

The interview process was two part: one phone interview and one in person interview. The interview process was easy. The interview process via phone lasted close to 30 minutes. The in person interview was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you went above the call of duty for a customer? How would you handle a difficult customer? The questions were easy; but you must elaborate in regards to your answers.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon in May 2017.

Interview

I applied and a week later got an email for an assessment. I completed the assessment and was scheduled a phone interview a week later. Unfortunately it went downhill from here , the recruiter that interviewed me was very rude and had a very nasty attitude . She called me late for the interview and you could tell she wasn't interested since the minute she called. Her name is LaQundra M. so beware . I don't understand how a company could hire someone this evil. I had all the skills and qualifications just didn't get the job due to this nasty recruiter . Staight prejudice. This lady seems very jealous and nasty. This company really let me down.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like working in a call center   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Then, I took a 90 minute online assessment, had a 45 minute phone interview scheduled, and was called for an in-person interview two days later. I drove 8 hours to the hour long in-person interview and thought it went excellent (along with the phone interview), but I did not receive an offer. I had to do 5 short rounds of roleplaying, but they gave me a product/services sheet to look off of.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Rochester, NY).

Interview

The interview for me was in 4 parts first a phone interview then a test on a computer then another phone interview and a face to face interview. Everyone was very friendly easy to talk to. The test was basically on commen scense and how well you can comprehend things listening skills and typing skills

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Rolling Meadows, IL).

Interview

Standard 2 part interview, applied online, couple days later got an from a email from recruiter to set up a call interview also had to read the Verizon credo before the phone call some questions are basic around that most how you feel about it and what stood out the most. First interview was the phone with the recruiter basically going over my background and mostly "what would you do" type questions, role playing so practice! Couple days later got a call from the same recruiter to process to the next level for a face to face, now here's where it went south, my interview was days before thanksgiving and that's not an excuse but the person who was suppose to interview me didn't show with no type of reason and nobody could get a hold of the person IN the building, so the fact that your own co workers can't find you is a HUGE red flag. So I wasted about 40 mins waiting until they told me to come back and they were gonna contact me to reschedule, ok fine that's fair.. not really. Maybe 4 days later I came back to the office mind you they could only squeeze me in as a 5p interview, btw the latest interview time I've ever heard of but whatever so got over the interview with they companies IT manager he told me would take about 1-2 weeks mostly 1 week to hear back, now this training class was scheduled DEC 13 I did not hear back from anyone until Jan. 2017 like really? After all my follow up calls to the recruiter and follow up emails I did NOT get one single response if I was hired or not like cmon at least communicate isn't that was this company is based on?? Ridiculous! That was another RED FLAG! So I just assume they went with another candidate it's fine but if you're trying to contact me to interview again just to make your quota on hires like no! don't waste my time again. Only reason I knew I didn't get the position was I firmly asked the new recruiter to check my records on my last interview and she said it showed I didn't get picked, so why is it so hard to tell me that a 2 months ago? But anyways be careful with who you get as recruiter you might just not hear back and waste time interviewing.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I took a test. Then I had a phone interview that lasted around 35 mins. I'm now waiting for my in person interview next week. They told me to learn the products and prepare to role play also. I hope this works out for me as I think I am ready.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

i applied on line. the next day I received an email to schedule a phone interview. Had about an hour long phone interview. The recruiter said I passed scheduled a face to face interview. Spoke to HR after the face to face interview. Was told would receive an email regardless of outcome. Still waiting on an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Did application and received an email about 2 weeks later to take assessment, 2 days later received an email to schedule a phone interview. Passed the phone interview and scheduled a face to face interview for 2 days after, received a phone call exactly a week later with job off. Interview was pretty much just like any other interview, going over job background and experience. Also included a role play with selling a product to a customer and dealing woth angry customers as well as customer retention.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. Answer in STAR method   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview with STAR process. A series of questions to determine thought and problem solving skills. Behavioral interview. It also determine sales ability and your ability to multitask and use multiple screens

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Columbia, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application you are sent an assessment, fairly simple it tests for your reading and comprehension, typing speed, and basic behavior SD or SA questions. Then you have a phone interview followed up with a two panel interview face to face. For the face to face interview be warned they like to make you wait before they interview you because they want you to get "the Verizon experience". After the interview they make you wait 24-48 hours then you will be given an offer of employment.The background check will start after you accept the offer expect a week or two with a lot of phone calls from A-Check they verify everything on your résumé. After the background check is cleared you will have a mandatory 30 min phone call with the other new hires before your first day at work to inform you of the dress code and any items to bring for the first day. For both the face to face and phone interview make sure to answer all of you questions in the S.T.A.R method