Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Cranberry, PA).

Interview

They are looking for energized positive people.
 How well do you take direction and criticism?
 Describe a time where you dealt with and impossible timeline, customer or situation and how did you over come that and what was the outcome.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out of the crowd   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a little nerve wrecking. First there is a phone interview and they will let you know right away if they want you to advance. Then after they schedule you for the real deal, you go into a room with 2 senior staff and they take turns putting you through different scenarios to see if you should be a call center rep or in a store doing sales. They call you in the room- test you then ask you to wait in the lobby 3x. You again will know immediately if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• They will test your knowledge about the electronics they sell. Then they will role play: I have always had an iPhone but I saw a commercial about another phone last week that's water proof and has a really good camera. I might be interested but I don't know what it was.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Columbia, SC) in December 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview
    1 in office assessment
    2 face to face interviews
    Supply high school diploma
    Drug test with urine and hair sample
    Extensive background check
    In person assessment with typing test and after interview

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for verizon   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

The interview process was two part: one phone interview and one in person interview. The interview process was easy. The interview process via phone lasted close to 30 minutes. The in person interview was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you went above the call of duty for a customer? How would you handle a difficult customer? The questions were easy; but you must elaborate in regards to your answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Huntsville, AL) in January 2013.

Interview

The initial interview is a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview they have you come in for an assessment. If you pass the assessment, then you are scheduled for a face to face interview. The whole process took me a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered a difficult customer. What was the situation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Was interviewed 12 years ago so I know the interview process has changed slightly. I met with the current district manager and HR rep at the time of my interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Rancho Cordova, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

They will start by asking about yourself then your employment. They appreciate personality, keep that in mind. Then they will have you do a role play and have them sale a phone to you. Don’t feel pressure just use the phone you have and ask a lot of questions to tailor the phone to the customer.

Interview Questions

• Why is iphone better then android?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Started with phone interview, if you pass then in person, STAR Format, which I don't think most people know. Sat at a table with several members of management all asking questions. Slightly terrifying. Next step was computer test.

Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Wallingford, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

Took a couple weeks to get a phone call. Typical phone interview, scheduled an in person interview. Went for in person interview and went on a group tour of the building. Did very long and boring set of tests to determine competency. After nearly falling asleep, I finished the test and was told I passed. They walked me down the hall for the first in person interview. They told me I passed that and walked me upstairs for another interview with someone else. Offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was a time that you overcame a difficult customer experience?
      Q: Are you familiar with the Verizon Mantra? (Ethics)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Lincoln, NE) in December 2013.

Interview

Online test followed by up to 3 interviews. The online test checks for basic customer service skills, balancing customer and business needs, multitasking capabilities. First interview covers basic q&a (why you want to work here, etc). Usually ask what your favorite phone apps are.
    (Use this to demonstrate excitement for a product and basic smartphone knowledge). Second interview was behavior based questions and roleplays. Third interview was with a panel, more roleplays.