Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

117 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Garden City, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

4 hour Online skill test. Phone interview then face to face. The face to face is another test. Just make sure to listen to the questions asked and answer them. Don't run off. Answer as asked and you'll be fine. Intense background check (so don't lie about past employment dates) drug test.
This says fifty words are optional yet it won't let me submit my review with less then fifty words.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Robbinsville, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Robbinsville, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Well, I have to be honest ~ The whole hiring practice was fine up til the "ROLE PLAY" Honestly, Verizon is out of touch.. The position you're advertising is one that trains "New Hires" Asking someone to sell your product in a manner you deem acceptable is a little absurd~ you're training for the position. Aside from that the interview was abrupt and rude, showed no enthusiasm or interest in the interviewee , could not have been more uncomfortable. When he asked me if there was anything else I wanted to ask~ I felt like saying "Withdraw my interest" A director handling interviews is a little more tham counter productive and explains the HIGH TURNOVER RATE IN YOUR OFFICE.

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ).

Interview

I had to take an online assessment first. There were three timed tests. One was a behavorial test, one was more of a customer service based test, which included typing, reacting to customers, and choosing the best answers. The last test was a technical test, which was 45 minutes long and 40 multiple choice questions. This test was diffiicult. I recommend using the study guides that they provide for you online. You are immediately notified if you pass or fail the assessments. After passing the three assessments, two days later I receive an email, wanting to schedule me for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes, and I was asked one question. Describe your current job duties. This is to see if your current job correlates to the job you are applying to. I passed the phone interview and am currently awaiting a final interview.

Interview Questions

• The online assessments were 3 tests total, quite intense. The first interview was a screening interview to the real interview. I am currently waiting on the (hopefully) final interview.   48 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Rolling Meadows, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for VZW customer service in the beginning of August 2016. Received an email within 3 days from HR recruiter to set up an over the phone interview. The man was really nice and explained everything within our 45minute conversation. He asked a few behavioral questions at the end and told me he will forward my resume to hiring manager and I will get a call within 48 hours to set up a face to face interview. He gave me a few pointers for the interview and basically told me what to expect, which was very nice of him. Got a call 2 days later from another HR recruiter to set up the interview. 2 days later I had the interview with a very nice woman. We clicked almost instantly. She was very pleased I showed up 30 minutes early! She asked behavioral questions, call center scenarios (which I hated!-- Only because you're just guessing what to say because you don't know VZW procedures yet). I waited the longest 7 days of my life to receive a call from a recruiter to tell me I got the position. EXCITED MUCH! Start in September. Good luck guys!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon (Chandler, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Online application. Followed by a online assessment and if you pass that you have about a 30 minute phone interview and then a face to face at the office. After you pass all these you'll get a call with your offer!

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff. Why Verizon and what are you looking for. Past work experience and the like. Routine interview. Same goes for the face to face   Answer Question

Negotiation

They review your past experience for he payment plans and if you have what it takes hey will offer you a little more starting pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I interviewed at Verizon (Lowell, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for Sales and Service Representative for Consumer Center in Lowell, MA. on 8/30/16. Got an email inviting me to take the online assessment test on 9/8/16, must be completed within 72 hrs. I immediately received an email that I "Qualified' and my application will be forwarded to the Verizon Talent Acquisition team. If my overall qualifications place me among the leading candidates for the position, a Verizon representative will contact me to schedule an interview." That was one week ago and I'm getting anxious. I worked there for 12 yrs and left in 2009 due to surplus... I'm really really hoping they contact me soon :( Anybody else apply in Massachusetts?

Interview Questions

• The assessment test was based on different situations if you were helping out customers. A few of the parts were timed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process did not take much time I applied and heard something back within a week. Received email to do assessment passed it then got another email to schedule phone interview three days later got rejection email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Huntsville, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very long and in depth. They want to hire good candidates for the position. I thought I did really well during the interview process and was sure I got the job. Nope. I didn't even get a call. Expect to answer behavioral questions in star format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have to deal with an angry customer and what did you do to resolve it ?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

You had to take an aptitude test first. After that you have about 2 interviews and if you pass those you get hired. If they're not hiring anymore your application is put on file where someone is supposed to call you if they hire again. It took about a year before I was hired from the time I completed and passed all the interviews and tests.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had an irate customer and you were able to turn the customer around.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Wallingford, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview, drug screening, background check screening, verizon wireless background checks. Not much else to say. They don't know how to pick out good candidates when they see them. They judge based on voice. Half the service personnel unable to understand so it excludes good candidates. Doesn't seem fair does it?

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer