Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon (Chandler, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Online application. Followed by a online assessment and if you pass that you have about a 30 minute phone interview and then a face to face at the office. After you pass all these you'll get a call with your offer!

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff. Why Verizon and what are you looking for. Past work experience and the like. Routine interview. Same goes for the face to face   Answer Question

Negotiation

They review your past experience for he payment plans and if you have what it takes hey will offer you a little more starting pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I interviewed at Verizon (Lowell, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for Sales and Service Representative for Consumer Center in Lowell, MA. on 8/30/16. Got an email inviting me to take the online assessment test on 9/8/16, must be completed within 72 hrs. I immediately received an email that I "Qualified' and my application will be forwarded to the Verizon Talent Acquisition team. If my overall qualifications place me among the leading candidates for the position, a Verizon representative will contact me to schedule an interview." That was one week ago and I'm getting anxious. I worked there for 12 yrs and left in 2009 due to surplus... I'm really really hoping they contact me soon :( Anybody else apply in Massachusetts?

Interview Questions

• The assessment test was based on different situations if you were helping out customers. A few of the parts were timed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process did not take much time I applied and heard something back within a week. Received email to do assessment passed it then got another email to schedule phone interview three days later got rejection email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Huntsville, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very long and in depth. They want to hire good candidates for the position. I thought I did really well during the interview process and was sure I got the job. Nope. I didn't even get a call. Expect to answer behavioral questions in star format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have to deal with an angry customer and what did you do to resolve it ?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

You had to take an aptitude test first. After that you have about 2 interviews and if you pass those you get hired. If they're not hiring anymore your application is put on file where someone is supposed to call you if they hire again. It took about a year before I was hired from the time I completed and passed all the interviews and tests.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had an irate customer and you were able to turn the customer around.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Wallingford, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview, drug screening, background check screening, verizon wireless background checks. Not much else to say. They don't know how to pick out good candidates when they see them. They judge based on voice. Half the service personnel unable to understand so it excludes good candidates. Doesn't seem fair does it?

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Irvine, CA).

Interview

One Interview on site, the first interviewer agreed for a supervisor to continue with the second interview. I have not heard from them for 2 weeks. At the end of the 2 weeks I received a phone call to come and discuss an offer, which was non negotiable. The benefits start on the first day of the job which included a 4 week training. By the end of the training there were only 20 of us left out of 40 new hires.

Interview Questions

• What did you contribute to your last job to make a change for a better process?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Was first contacted on my phone. Went to corporate location for interview. Was called for second interview for a phone interview. Went through drug screening. Then was told the location I would be working in and when to report there.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Overall the interview was pleasant. Had 3 different interviews with the final being with 3 different managers. Questions were typical and expected. Overall they did spend time in wanting to understand my personality. Only negative was the waiting period for my offer which was very drawn out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process was such BS I was sent an email from my college that they had an opening so I decided to check it out when I got to what I thought was an interview they explained that it was an externship so I applied I received a phone interview within a week then it took another two weeks for me to have a face to face interview with the manager I thought the interview went pretty well they told me I would hear back from them and if not reach out so two weeks went by I didn't hear anything so it reached out to the recruit she told me that I would hear back from them soon another week went by and I emailed her again to inquire it was then that she told me I would not be recieving an offer .Such a Bs job you have to have tons of experience for a job that trains you anyway ?? I don't understand I had 5years plus retail experience anyway over all I had a bad experience with these guys and feel like they pretty much wasted my time .I also forgot that the position i applied for was not the position they interviewed for . I think they have people selected already and just do this big ad that there hiring to make it look good on paper that here hiring but really there not

Interview Questions

• Questions like tell me about a time What do you like to do to relax ? Why did you leave your last job ? Why Verizon ? Why should we choose you   Answer Question