Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

i applied on line. the next day I received an email to schedule a phone interview. Had about an hour long phone interview. The recruiter said I passed scheduled a face to face interview. Spoke to HR after the face to face interview. Was told would receive an email regardless of outcome. Still waiting on an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Dublin, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

we used the star interview, they asked a lot of questions on the phone, then invited me to come in for a test and then they interviewed me, the training was really good and long enough to teach you everything you needed to know. when they are in a rush to fill a class it is easy to get hired.

Interview Questions

• what do you use on your phone   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing is negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Rolling Meadows, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application, days later I was sent an online test, then three days later I was sent an offer including the pay,benefits, credo, and was scheduled to do a phone interview. The interviewer focused on my intent to go back to school in the near future for my masters, (which by the way would not have affected my work schedule, because I can plan my classes around my work schedule) There was no focus at all on my past work experience which would show I'm definitely qualified for the job, every question was centered on my intent to go back to school. About a week later I was sent an email basically saying that I will not be called in for the face to face interview, and to apply again later. I honestly feel like if i never mentioned going back to school, I more than likely would have been asked to come in for a face to face interview. Perhaps they felt like I would have quit, but that definitely wouldn't have been the case.

Interview Questions

• How does your Master degree correlate with a career at VZW?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied back in late July early August I believe.. They emailed in the middle of August saying that they wanted move forward with me in the interview process. I had to take an assessment. I passed that then received an email saying "let's talk about a career with Verizon" it was basically to set up a phone interview giving you instructions to read the Verizon credo and things you would discuss over the phone as far as benefits,salary and schedules. I had my phone interview he asked questions and we role played .. Once we did that he immediately told me that I would be moving on to a face to face interview and he also gave me good tips to make a good impression . So i went to the face to face interview and time I walk in l LOVE IT ! Everyone was so nice and friendly and making sure that I was relaxed and confident and comfortable and that I would do great and get the job ! I interviewed with a guy name josh ! He was sooooo nice and so down to earth ! I honestly forgot it was an interview.. I really felt like I was just talking to someone i just met and having a random conversation! He treated me like a human being.. Hopefully I From them soon to know if I got the position or not .. I am confident that I did .

Interview Questions

• whats your fav part about being in customer service   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I interviewed at Verizon (Lowell, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for Sales and Service Representative for Consumer Center in Lowell, MA. on 8/30/16. Got an email inviting me to take the online assessment test on 9/8/16, must be completed within 72 hrs. I immediately received an email that I "Qualified' and my application will be forwarded to the Verizon Talent Acquisition team. If my overall qualifications place me among the leading candidates for the position, a Verizon representative will contact me to schedule an interview." That was one week ago and I'm getting anxious. I worked there for 12 yrs and left in 2009 due to surplus... I'm really really hoping they contact me soon :( Anybody else apply in Massachusetts?

Interview Questions

• The assessment test was based on different situations if you were helping out customers. A few of the parts were timed.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Too easy and it gets worse and worse every year. They just want bodies. Its not exactly worth it. Just saying. Many of your co workers will have NO idea what their doing and neither does the management. I may as well have their jobs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Robbinsville, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Robbinsville, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Well, I have to be honest ~ The whole hiring practice was fine up til the "ROLE PLAY" Honestly, Verizon is out of touch.. The position you're advertising is one that trains "New Hires" Asking someone to sell your product in a manner you deem acceptable is a little absurd~ you're training for the position. Aside from that the interview was abrupt and rude, showed no enthusiasm or interest in the interviewee , could not have been more uncomfortable. When he asked me if there was anything else I wanted to ask~ I felt like saying "Withdraw my interest" A director handling interviews is a little more tham counter productive and explains the HIGH TURNOVER RATE IN YOUR OFFICE.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Columbia, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application you are sent an assessment, fairly simple it tests for your reading and comprehension, typing speed, and basic behavior SD or SA questions. Then you have a phone interview followed up with a two panel interview face to face. For the face to face interview be warned they like to make you wait before they interview you because they want you to get "the Verizon experience". After the interview they make you wait 24-48 hours then you will be given an offer of employment.The background check will start after you accept the offer expect a week or two with a lot of phone calls from A-Check they verify everything on your résumé. After the background check is cleared you will have a mandatory 30 min phone call with the other new hires before your first day at work to inform you of the dress code and any items to bring for the first day. For both the face to face and phone interview make sure to answer all of you questions in the S.T.A.R method

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Hilliard, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The overall process took a really long time, despite the fact that I heard from HR within a few days of applying. One long phone interview with a recruiter a week after hearing back. Then had to schedule a test. Then another in person interview with a supervisor. THEN another call from HR to finalize everything, plus waiting for nearly two weeks for them to tell me that I actually got the job and what they were paying me. Meanwhile, neither phone interviewer had recorded my job history correctly, so I had to constantly correct things. They also called in the evenings most of the time, despite the fact that I told them I worked second shift. Whole process took at least a month, while I had to hold off telling my employer at the time that I was leaving until 5 days before the first training day at Verizon. For as easy as the interviews themselves were, the tediousness was nightmarish

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Greenville, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

[Pretty long but helpful] It's sort of a lengthy process, standard really. I applied online, they then sent me an assessment test and gave me a 5 day period to complete it. It's broken down into 3 parts. Each about 30+ minutes maybe, once you finish and submit if you passed they will then email you about the next steps. In my case it was phone interview, they told me to give a date and time where I'm free to do so. Once I responded with the date and time, they told me I should be receiving a call. This was on a Wednesday, I set my phone interview up for the next morning. They called not a second late, we introduced ourselves and hop right into it. They gave me a brief description of what I would be doing if I got an offer got my opinion on that. Asked how up to date am I on electrics; smartphones, tablets & wifi. Asked me a few questions about customer service! It all took about 45 minutes once done they told me I sound great and would like to advance me to the next round! Which is now a face to face interview. My local recruiter was off that day so he gave me a call the next day and set my interview up for the following Tuesday at 11. Asked if I had any questions, sent me an email with instructions. Waited the weekend out sand Tuesday arrived I was there 15 minutes early. They got me signed in, my interviewer came out which was the trainer for my call center. He pretty much took a copy of my resume I got the other and we went over it.[ I would suggest bringing two or more because he stated that usually it's a two panel interview however his partner was on vacation.] He told me he would grill me and that's pretty much what he did. After that he got my opinion on Verizon and customer service. Ask me some questions about smart phones and then we did role play. Did about 3 different role play calls and that was it. He told me I was pretty sharp at what I do and he loved me. Only thing was my job history and if he offered me a job he expected to see the person he sees there today. I got a call back on today, two days later and they offered me the position. I'm waiting my background check now. They are BIG on your previous job and the dates. Other than that typical process, it can get lengthy just believe in yourself and be very relaxed in your interview and it'll go smooth!

Interview Questions

• What are some of the latest news stories you have heard about the cell phone Industry?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to solve a difficult situation with a customer and how did you solve it.   1 Answer
    • What operating system does apple and android use?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do what's best for you. Great company