Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Huntsville, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

Initially applied online after learning about open position from indeed.com
After reviewing my resume I was emailed a link to complete a 7 part timed assessment that took me 1 hour and 45 minutes out of the maximum allotted 2 hours to complete.
1 week later I received an email confirming that I passed the assessment accompanied by a link and instructions to schedule a phone interview.
Phone interview lasted approximately 40 minutes and consisted of general questions about occupation, goals, education, and personality, followed by 4 or 5 behavioral interview questions.
Was contacted 6 hours after the completion of the phone interview to schedule an in person panel interview at the local call center in Huntsville, AL.
In person interview consisted of behavioral interview questions, customer call role-play, and discussion of career goals as they relate to CSR position at Verizon Wireless.
Successful interview resulted in drug screen, background check, and acceptance of position with scheduling of training course.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current cellphone or other wireless device.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line, received a call to set up a phone interview after I passed that I was asked to come in for two formal interviews.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Process was fairly simple. Filled out an application online, received an email two days later about completing an online assessment. The assessment consisted of seven parts and took me an hour to complete. The next day, I received an email stating I passed the assessment and the next step was to schedule a phone interview.

Phone interview- took 45 mins . Basically went over my resume, job history and answered some behavioral questions. Recruiter over the phone was very pleasant and easy going. He informed me after the phone interview that someone would be in touch within three to five business days. Two days later I got a call to set up a face to face interview.

Face to face interview- was just myself and a member from Human Resource. This interview took an hour, where we basically went over my resume, I was asked behavioral questions, had to "sell" and item and three role play scenarios. Was told I would receive a call the following week. I got a call with a job offer THAT SAME EVENING! Gladly accepted--waiting on background check now.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with an angry customer at work and what was the solution?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had a difficult task to complete at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay rate I was offered was excellent so there was no negotiation needed.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Very long; up to 2 hours; must know how to role play and sell a device. Sound upbeat and energetic over the phone. Dress professional when in person. Ask questions about the company and do your research.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to do a presentation. What made it successful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Huntsville, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

Despite having over 20 years of sales and sales management experience, not to mention the last 13 in the wireless industry, I could not pass the phone interview stage and have also applied to many in store sales positions and have never even received a phone interview. I would love to know how to get my foot in the door.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Rolling Meadows, IL).

Interview

Standard 2 part interview, applied online, couple days later got an from a email from recruiter to set up a call interview also had to read the Verizon credo before the phone call some questions are basic around that most how you feel about it and what stood out the most. First interview was the phone with the recruiter basically going over my background and mostly "what would you do" type questions, role playing so practice! Couple days later got a call from the same recruiter to process to the next level for a face to face, now here's where it went south, my interview was days before thanksgiving and that's not an excuse but the person who was suppose to interview me didn't show with no type of reason and nobody could get a hold of the person IN the building, so the fact that your own co workers can't find you is a HUGE red flag. So I wasted about 40 mins waiting until they told me to come back and they were gonna contact me to reschedule, ok fine that's fair.. not really. Maybe 4 days later I came back to the office mind you they could only squeeze me in as a 5p interview, btw the latest interview time I've ever heard of but whatever so got over the interview with they companies IT manager he told me would take about 1-2 weeks mostly 1 week to hear back, now this training class was scheduled DEC 13 I did not hear back from anyone until Jan. 2017 like really? After all my follow up calls to the recruiter and follow up emails I did NOT get one single response if I was hired or not like cmon at least communicate isn't that was this company is based on?? Ridiculous! That was another RED FLAG! So I just assume they went with another candidate it's fine but if you're trying to contact me to interview again just to make your quota on hires like no! don't waste my time again. Only reason I knew I didn't get the position was I firmly asked the new recruiter to check my records on my last interview and she said it showed I didn't get picked, so why is it so hard to tell me that a 2 months ago? But anyways be careful with who you get as recruiter you might just not hear back and waste time interviewing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon (Murfreesboro, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

I did a forty minute phone interview after completing the application and tests. I was then brought in for an interview on site with a different person. The phone interview was mainly about my experience and background with 2 or 3 behavioral questions at the end. The final interview was mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Role play - Sell the interviewer on the phone/tablet/device you use as if they were a customer.   Answer Question
    • What are your short term goals?   Answer Question
    • What are your long term goals?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in the call center as a Customer Service Representative?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a complex problem and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Greenville, SC) in August 2012.

Interview

Usually there's an application submission, phone interview or 2, assessment,then the final interview which is face to face with a supervisor at the call center . Some times more than one supervisor will sit in on the interview and ask questions . Be sure to speak clearly in the phone interviews and sound confident when answering questions because they are paying especially close attention to you tone and verbiage if you're going to the call center .

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a difficult customer ...describe the situation ,task,actions you took and resolution   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were not able to resolve an issue with a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Did application and received an email about 2 weeks later to take assessment, 2 days later received an email to schedule a phone interview. Passed the phone interview and scheduled a face to face interview for 2 days after, received a phone call exactly a week later with job off. Interview was pretty much just like any other interview, going over job background and experience. Also included a role play with selling a product to a customer and dealing woth angry customers as well as customer retention.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. Answer in STAR method   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I took a test. Then I had a phone interview that lasted around 35 mins. I'm now waiting for my in person interview next week. They told me to learn the products and prepare to role play also. I hope this works out for me as I think I am ready.