Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

The interview process is intense, through it is very effective as I have worked in other call centers, if they put in the time that they did at Verizon, turn overs would not be as high.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

Apply online for the position then if they like you, you will receive a phone interview, if you pass that, they will call you for testing and an in person interview. The test is filled with abstract thinking. Also a lot of roll playing as a rep and how you would handle specific situations. Also lots of questions about integrity and honesty. Then an in person interview, lots of questions using the STAR Model. After the testing and interview they say they will call. A few weeks later I got the call that I am hired contingent on the drug test and background check. Then, I immediately had to get drug tested within a 4 hour window. I then had to pass a background check.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a stressful, difficult situation at work, and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

It was Standard interview questions. The training process was pretty intense. I was in a training class that consisted of about 12 other people. The class lasted aproximateky 2weeks. After the class you are given your work schedule. Which typically requires working one weekend day with second shift hours.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself if five years? The interview process was pretty standard   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Rancho Cordova, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

There was first a phone interview which was then followed by an in person/online assessment and personality test. They told me right away that I had passed the test and scheduled an in-person interview later that week which was my final interview before they called me with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have had to overcome an objection from a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Cranberry, PA).

Interview

They are looking for energized positive people.
     How well do you take direction and criticism?
     Describe a time where you dealt with and impossible timeline, customer or situation and how did you over come that and what was the outcome.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out of the crowd   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Wallingford, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

Took a couple weeks to get a phone call. Typical phone interview, scheduled an in person interview. Went for in person interview and went on a group tour of the building. Did very long and boring set of tests to determine competency. After nearly falling asleep, I finished the test and was told I passed. They walked me down the hall for the first in person interview. They told me I passed that and walked me upstairs for another interview with someone else. Offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was a time that you overcame a difficult customer experience?
      Q: Are you familiar with the Verizon Mantra? (Ethics)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Lincoln, NE) in December 2013.

Interview

Online test followed by up to 3 interviews. The online test checks for basic customer service skills, balancing customer and business needs, multitasking capabilities. First interview covers basic q&a (why you want to work here, etc). Usually ask what your favorite phone apps are.
    (Use this to demonstrate excitement for a product and basic smartphone knowledge). Second interview was behavior based questions and roleplays. Third interview was with a panel, more roleplays.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then another phone interview then on site skill test and an in person interview then a drug screening and finally an offer made. It seems like a long process yet it was well worth it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Rolling Meadows, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

There was the application, then the test 7parts about 90 mins, and then the phone interview , however even though I was scheduled I never received a call or a cancellation for my phone interview! I'm highly disappointed

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

First there was an online assessment that asked personality based questions.
    Next a phone interview, then another assessment in depth that had practice calls and additional personality questions.
    Next you're scheduled for a face to face interview, they call if you get an offer.