Verizon Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Director Interview Questions

3.5

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with HR numerous times, finally talked to hiring manager. Wanted an onsite ASAP but could;t work it out that fast. Did an onsite a few weeks later with the head of HR, HR rep, hiring manager and two others. Not real difficult questions, hiring manager seemed to run out of steam half-way through, very conversational. Didn't directly answer a lot of detailed questions about the position, wouldn't let me meet the team I would be managing. The worst part was their overall treatment in the recruiting process. As an executive recruit I have never been treated so poorly. They did not pay all my expenses for travel, no one greeted me at my hotel and afterwards, there was no communication from HR for over a month. They were obviously keeping me on the hook until another candidate accepted, but never called or emailed to tell me to hold on. In the end when they did, they lied and said it took 4 weeks to catch up with the interviewers instead of telling me the truth. I wouldn't have taken the position anyway after that treatment. If that's how they treat executive candidates, I can't imagine what it's like to work there.

Interview Questions

• How you handle particular situations. All the questions were situational. Many were repeated in different questions. Very formal.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Verizon in December 2014.

Interview

Very quick succession of interviews including 1:1 and panel interviews. Then no response to emails, phone calls or other inquiries for 4 months. Obviously not interested in follow up to their investment in time and resources interviewing candidates.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Very rigorous interview process. HR is driving it to be 100% behavioral-based. Questions have been standardized for each job title. Recruiters are overloaded and very slow to respond. So are the HR Business Partners.

Interview Questions

• I was asked four separate times if EVRYTHING on my application was truthful. And then they came back and compared what I told them with what was on my application and what the background check showed, even for very minor discrepancies. Not unusual to have to provide a W2.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is limited room to negotiate. I had very high leverage and only got an additional $5k/year + $10k signing bonus.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn; set up phone screen to review position, location, skills; phone screen w/ a panel of 4 team members; follow up via phone w/ hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone and on site with senior team only. Try to speak with peers or direct reports to get a better understanding of the work environment.
    Most communications go through human resources.
    Difficult to negotiate salary. Verizon will ask to see your paycheck or W2 to verify your current salary.
    Drug testing and background checks made.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions. Same questions used for all candidates.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Washington, DC) in March 2011.

Interview

IT was a long process where I met with every member of the senior team. I was asked questions about my background and prior work experience, my educational qualifications, my work experiences in the position I was at the time and other questions.

Interview Questions

• One key question asked was what I understood to be the policy environment that the company was working in and what major changes would come down the pike in a few years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

It was conducted as a panel interview with 5 people including senior leader; peers and human resources. Primarily behavioral questions were asked and rotated among panel. There were two technology specific questions. It took about and hour and 15 minutes

Interview Questions

• what in your experience and education qualifies you for this position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Panel of HR, Area President, and SVP. Structured and scored.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate a high perfroming team?   1 Answer
    • Regualtory issue, situational.   1 Answer