Verizon Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taunton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verizon (Taunton, MA).

Interview

Called by department employee to coordinate. No notice, within same week window. Panel interview by 6 people. One of which was hiring manager. Questions excellent.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately it was approximately two years ago and I do not recall specifics.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I answered several questions for a phone interview and was then invited to an in person interview. This was subsequently changed to another phone interview because I lived so far from the the on site location. At the beginning of the process there was also questions that you recorded answers to via webcam.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY).

Interview

Panel interview and one on one interview with the manager I would be working for. It was intense. they use a lot of proprietary systems so it was hard to research processes.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Applied to their website. Got a behavioral phone call in the following month. Second round invitation to Basking Ridge, NJ where they flew me out. 1 behavioral interview and 1 technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time you faced a challenge with teammates and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2008.

Interview

Fast

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your day   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager and what was the out come.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tough

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Fort Wayne, IN) in May 2008.

Interview

Verizon uses an online application form. It is better to have someone on the inside submit your resume as this is handled more quickly than if you are trying to apply online. Verizon uses the telephone interview if you are not close to their office. The interview is an informative interview requesting how your experiences would solve problems that are presented to you during the interview. After interview you are asked if their are any questions for the interviewers about the job/company. This is also part of the interview, be sure to have good questions ready. Took about one week after interview to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What equipment do I need in order to be able to create broadband capability inside a new Mesa 4 cabinent?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle an audit of a 100k + road move work order that over ran your capital estimate by 50%?   1 Answer

Salary/moving expense requirements.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati, Nueva Vizcaya (Philippines)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Makati, Nueva Vizcaya (Philippines)) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied trough staffing agency
    will be scheduled for HR interview
    will be scheduled for a series of technical interviews
    Applicant who passed the technical interview will be called by HR for an offer
    negotiate compensation
    if both parries are in agreement, contract is signed
    HR will infer the hiring manager of status of contract signing and availability of engineer
    HR advises applicant when s/he will report for work.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon in June 2010.

Interview

I am aaplied online and after a few days got a call from the hiring manager to setup an interview. I have done 3 phone interviews and 1:1. Awating hiring decision

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon in July 2008.

Interview

good interview process..great company..had a better opportunity

Interview Questions

• What could you change about this company   1 Answer