Verizon Entry Level IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Entry Level IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Consisted of group exercise and technical/ behavioral interview. Know everything in your resume confidently and use the STAR method when answering questions. Be sure to ask questions at the end and expect basic technical questions on the position you're interested in.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Video interview online with 5 quesions you can redo as many times as you need. At first I thought I wasn't going to move on because they took a long time to respond (~1 month). But I moved on to the Super Day with like 30 other candidates (maybe 60+ total from all days combined). It was a half day event where they provided lunch, talked about the company, gave us a tour, had us do an interview, and some activity to fill the time. The tour was very nice. The Verizon location is one of the best places I've been (Capital One is the best I've interviewed at). The interview was either with a group or one-on-one. Mine was with the hiring manager who had a booklet of questions he was supposed to ask. He asked a few from the book and a few not in the book. They were about your previous experiences, and a lot of random ones I couldn't remember. It wasn't a hard interview, but my experiences didn't align with the role. I applied to a data modeler position but didn't have experience in making reports, Java, and some others. But I was strong in other skills. Finally, we did a group activity which was literally a waste of time and had no affect on the outcome of the interview (they even said so). It was a case were you are stuck in the middle of nowhere and have to rank items in terms of importance. That literally was 1 hour wasted because it was seriously just there as a filler. I wish they got rid of this because the process was too long. Overall, I would've liked to have gotten the job because Verizons a good company. But I didn't really like the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• He asked me about my experiences and follow up questions from my resume. For example, I am in a UX club, so he asked who my favorite designer was. He kept asking me if I had reporting and analysis experiences for a position that doesn't really use those skills in their typical role. I don't recall any tough questions. They just want to see if there's a perfect job fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

1st they asked to upload videos online provided with some general questions. Once selected for this round asked to come Baskin Ridge NJ for a super day event. Visited the campus had a chat with the other employee followed by some presentation. 2 persons together took interview for 45 min. Question were behavioural no technical questions were asked. Those guys were relly cool. Then it took 3 months for them to give out the rejection. When I called they were keep on saying that we are looking into your aplplication and let you know once we find a position. It is not cool to take 3 months to give out the rejection letter. I gave my best but don't know the reason regarding the rejection.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever faced any crisis   Answer Question
    • What do you consider while starting a project   2 Answers
    • Are there any events or projects that you have handled other than you academics   Answer Question

Entry Level IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

The position was in Texas but I lived in new york. After 2 fairly easy phone interviews I was selected for an in person interview in Texas. The phone interviews mainly went over my background and were non technical questions. For the in person interview they paid for the flight, hotel, and everything else associated with it.
    After Arriving in Irving, Texas I found the Verizon staff members to be very helpful. The building is huge and has wonderful perks like a state of the art gym and basketball court.
    The in person interviews were more technical focused but they mainly asked about my experience in IT and programming. It was a panel interview with 2 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• An unexpected question was to discuss two decisions I made. One that was a bad choice, and one that was a great choice.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Richardson, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview then on campus interview with other candidates. Nothing too difficult. One interview with IT manager one with HR person.

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied through college career website. Contacted about 3 to 4 weeks later to setup a phone interview. About another week or two later was contacted again to schedule an on-site interview. On site interview was a "super day" where there was a half day program with about 16 other candidates, some interviewing for similar positions, others different positions.
    There were two 30 minute interviews, one behavioral with HR, and the other with managers from the IT area, though no technical questions were asked. Rest of the day consisted of a campus tour and relaxation period with some other candidates and current employees, to ask questions informally about the company culture.
    Interview was second week in December, didn't hear anything until last week in January.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see IT field in 5 years? Which field of IT interests you most?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Benefits are excellent, starting pay great too. Not really a negotiable offer, more like take it or leave it.

IT Entry-Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied through the company website and answered 10 short questions. I was contacted a week later to schedule a telephone interview. Two weeks later I was invited to an in-person interview with other candidates. I had two-30 minute interviews: behavioral and technical. Heard a response in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Only wanted to negotiate the location. Was very pleased with the offered salary and benefits.

Entry Level IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Superday
    Pre screening by recruitment firm, then superday interview with many other applicants across the country. Given a tour of the headquarters in Basking Ridge then participated in many events throughout the day and eventually interviewed by a senior officer.

Interview Questions

• Team case study of prioritizing 30 items out of a life or death situation   Answer Question