Verizon Experience Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Experience Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Hudson, WI) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online. I registered with the recruiter first. The recruiter sent my resume to Verizon. Within a couple of days, I received a phone call from the recruiter stating that Verizon wanted to move forward. She e-mailed me the information I needed(prep questions, address etc..) Then I filled out the actual Verizon application. The interview took about an hour. I interviewed with 2 managers and then HR.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

After applying online you will receive a call from a recruiter of verizon. There were two phone interviews done with the recruiter; the first was mainly about me and my experience. The second was more company focused, to see if your a good fit with the company. Once you pass phone interviews they will schedule an in store interview with the manger. The in store interview is just a role play followed up with a few questions.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter asks about you and the company,s credo.

In store interview was role playing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Fort Collins, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter, they asked about sales and customer service questions – “tell me about a time” “how would you handle the scenario….” “Have you ever dealt with a difficult person …” “there is a lot of standing or walking in this position – would you be able to …? Pretty easy questions

Interview Questions

• Interview - was nothing - mgr looked at my resume, we talked about why I wanted to work there, and I was hired.   1 Answer

Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Overall, the initial phone interview went well! The interviewer was sure to cover the basics of the position and answer any additional questions I had. Most of the questions allowed me to pull from my resume in order to provide a relevant answer; they weren't designed to be difficult, but rather to allow for a thoughtful response. I never felt pressured or rushed, which was also helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to pursue the role of Experience Specialist?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths as they relate to this job opening?   Answer Question

Experience Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Initial Phone interview make sure you have the credo with you and be ready to roll play. They will have you do it twice. Also be ready for a few tell me a time questions. Next interview face to face not bad if you know someone that works there. But it was easy just talked and a few more "Tell me a time" questions. If they like you they will call you an offer you the position. Salary is set they will not budge. The background check is forever long. Make sure you tell the truth about everything. The dates of employment, driving record, diplomas. I had to get my high school transcripts to prove I graduated. It is at least a month or more process from start to finish.

Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I applied at the end of July and 2 weeks later got an email saying that I had been selected for a phone interview. After a successful first phone interview, I was immediately told that someone from HR would be contacting me within 7-10 business days to schedule the second interview. I got a call the very next day and made my appointment for the second phone interview. I successfully passed the second interview as well, and was told that I would be moving on to a face to face interview with a store or district manager. A few days later, I was contacted by a store manager and went in for the interview (which only took about 20 minutes). I had a good feeling about this interview and the manager told me that the interview went really well in his opinion. A week later, I got an email from HR saying that I was a final candidate for the position and that they just had a few more questions for me. I got a call from HR later that day and was offered the position, contingent upon passing a background check. A few hours later I was contacted by A Check America and given some instructions for completing a drug test and questions about my previous positions. I got a call the next day, saying that I was actually hired for a different position that was previously offered, but paid more... so I happily accepted. I got my confirmation call today and I start on Monday. Awesome sauce!

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your work or school, where you had to take on a leadership role and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, although I feel that I would have been able to.

Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon in August 2014.

Interview

Normally within the hiring process, they give you a phone screening and then a face to face interview. When I applied online, I received an email the next day from an HR rep asking me to set up a phone screening. I selected times for the rest of the week. The rest of the week went by, and I didn't receive a confirmation email or call. I emailed the rep and ask if she would like to set up another phone screening, so I did for the next week. I didn't receive a confirmation or call AGAIN! After that I signed up for more times without asking her, and I received a confirmation email and received a call. The interview itself was easy, just basic STAR questions. I asked the interviewer what the next step was in the hiring process and she said she was going to pass my info onto the hiring manager at the store I was applying to, and I would receive a call within 48 hours to set up a face to face interview. Six days went by without a call, so I called the HR rep to ask what the status was. I reached her voicemail and left a message. I waited a week and heard nothing. I called her two more times and left messages and never received a call back. At that point I put on a shirt and tie, went into the Verizon store and asked for the manager. An assistant manager came out to talk with me (by this time within the hiring process, I had applied for the job over a month ago and had completed the phone interview three weeks ago). The assistant manager said that they had filled the position internally a few weeks ago, and there was no open position! For the "leader in mobile communications" they really do suck at communicating!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to develop a rapport with a customer, how long did it take you to develop and how did you make the experience meaningful for the customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

When I first interviewed for Verizon it was honestly kind of a mess.Keep in mind, the recruiters work really hard and they are always extremely busy so they do the best they can. I originally applied for a Solution Specialist (formerly named Sales Representative) I had one recruiter contact me and ask to pick a time and I did, and it wasn't until about 2 weeks later I was contacted again, by a different recruiter who then set an interview time. I was switched recruiters three times, the third time without being told and I wasn't given the proper materials to be successful in my interview. When you interview for a sales position they are supposed to send you a flyer of a product to study so you can "sell it" to them. I was not given this or the credo until I was actually called for my interview as a Solutions Specialist. So I had about 5 minutes to read all of it and respond, not so great. Plus the recruiter that interviewed me seemed really bored the entire time. They told me I'd be moving on tot he next step and I'd be interviewing with someone from HR, but then they sent me a discontinue letter. Super confusing! So it left a bad taste in my mouth, and I asked them to just withdraw me from the list as I was 7 months pregnant at the time and I just didn't have time to do it all. In response to my request to withdrawal they sent me another job offer.

This time it was an entirely different recruiter and she was with HR, not just a recruiter. So, I gave it a shot. She was fantastic, She realized I hadn't been pre-screened for the position I had been offered so she took care of the pre-screen and the interview all in one shot and in the same day referred me for an interview to the store. She was incredibly on top of things and always ensured I knew what was going on and what to do next. In less than a week the GM from the store called me in for an interview. I interviewed and it was really nice. I didn't wait long at all, only about 15 minutes, and since I was about 15 early he was right on time. I felt confident and he was super friendly when I needed him to repeat a question or be more specific. He also encouraged me to ask any questions or concerns I may have, as by this time I was 8 months pregnant and so I did ask and he answered all of them to the best of his knowledge and he told me he'd find out if he didn't know. I was contacted less than a week later by my recruiter and she told me he liked me and they would run the background check and I was offered the position. She offered me to ability to start after I returned from having my baby which I said yes to and she gave me answers about my training that I needed to know. She continued to keep me n the loop and let me know what would happen next all the way through. Since she works in HR, I can also go to her with any questions I have in regards to insurance, benefits, etc. I maintain a great relationship with her and she made my first bad experience completely irrelevant.

Interview Questions

• 1.) "Why after two years of being self employed did you decide to come back to the work force in a retail environment?"
      2.) "Other than people, why else do you like a retail environment?"
      3.) "Do you have any Trigger points? Things that may upset you easily?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hourly wage because I had one more year of experience than required and an associates degree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Midvale, UT) in June 2014.

Interview

So first off the application was one of the longest and most detailed applications i have had to go through, which is fine. Once I was selected for an interview I sat there and waited for 3 and a half hours before I finally got my interview! That was a joke. It went well and I was called back for the final interview. At least this time I didn't have to wait very long, still about 15-20 minutes though. This interview was at the store in a back office and it took about an hour to complete and afterwards I had to do a couple role play scenarios learning about a new phone then selling it to the manager and then do the same with an accessory. I know my stuff and nailed it with no problem in my opinion. They said I would get a call within a week whether I got the position or not. After a week still no call so I gave them a call and had to leave a message but he never called me back.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about their Credo?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Gainesville, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Initially I applied for a sales role within the company.
    Was contacted via email to set up a phone interview.
    After the initial phone interview, I was given the green light for a second phone interview with a different member of the HR team.
    Second interview consisted of behavioral type questions (STAR format).
    I was informed that I would be advancing to the in store interview.
    I met with the store manager, and a sales manager as well.
    Interview lasted approximately an hour and a half. Covered everything very in depth. At this point was informed that I was actually being looked at for the "Experience Specialist" position which is new (to this store at least).
    Being that I applied for the sales role, I was asked to go home and resubmit my application under the new position.
    I did that the same day. Then, a day or two later, I had to "re-do" a phone interview to cover some questions that varied slightly.
    The next day, I received a call from my district's "floating manager". He stressed 2-3 times that "this is not a job interview, I am just getting to know the candidates." Asked me a few questions, which were pretty much repeats and the vague, "would you be comfortable doing X Y Z?"
    That was on Friday.
    Monday, I received a phone call from another HR member. This was the offer.

Interview Questions

• The questions really aren't difficult. I can see them possibly being tough if you don't have any retail or relevant experience, but if you do, it should be pretty straight forward. "Tell me a time when..." "How would you handle..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation, however they do factor in experience. I was offered the top $ for my position due to previous experience in the industry.