Verizon Experience Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Experience Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porter Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Porter Ranch, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Two days after applying online I was emailed a link to schedule an interview and information to review about the position along with Verizon's Credo. A few days later I had a preliminary phone interview with the same person who had emailed me. I was told that I would be contacted about setting up a face-to-face interview with one of the store managers. I did receive a call back, but declined to set up the interview because it would not work well with my school schedule.

Interview Questions

• What values stood out to you from Verizon's Credo?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Applied online. The first interview was done on the telephone. Basic questions were asked about things such as your work and education history. MAKE SURE you have accurate info on that because they will double check. I received a call a few days later to come into the store for an interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Experience from previous work history and how it relates to the job you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bemidji, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Bemidji, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Essentially there were a few steps in the interview process.
    1. I received an email from a Verizon recruiter, which was to set up a preliminary phone interview.
    2. After this step, if they choose to move forward, you will then have a scheduled interview with the Store Manager of the store you would be employed at.
    3. If this interview goes well, you are then given a job offer, at which point you will have to consent to a background check and drug screening, which is handled by Acheck.
    4. If this all goes well, you are off to training and starting a new career!

Notes:
    I also interviewed for a Sales position, which is the position I was offered. During the interview for this position you are expected to role play a scenario with the SM. Essentially you just pretend that you are selling a phone, and maybe some accessories with the phone. If you know phones, and have excellent customer service, this is a game changer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you ultimately see yourself in the future with this company.   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you with researching new products and knowing them well enough to showcase them to a guest.   Answer Question

Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

The online application and assessment test were thorough and took an hour or so to complete. It took a couple months to hear back. The next step was a phone interview with HR, it included standard and behavioral questions. After that the next step was an in-person interview with a store manager. The one I met was friendly and approachable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you brought people together, and how you used their contributions.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to produce a product or result and used on-line training or resources to meet the goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon (Fayetteville, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

The first part is contact from the recruiter, via email, for a phone interview with them. The email will indicate what available DTGs there are and to respond with a few choices. I was able to have the interview in less than a week, 5 days. At the end of the interview with the recruiter, they immediately set me up with an actual interview at a participating Verizon Wireless with 3 different managers. That interview was 2 days after my phone interview. From that interview, I received a phone call the next morning from the regional managers office to set up another phone interview with the Regional Manager. That interview was scheduled for later that same afternoon. It was very quick. The office sent me an email with instructions and whom I would be interviewing with. I called that afternoon, but unfortunately I was not able to continue the interview. I was no longer able to perform the required flexible schedule for the position. I politely informed the manager and parted ways. I was informed that, that would have been the final interview. I can only assume that as fast as things happen, that I would have been offered the position. I would have loved to take it if I could.

Interview Questions

• I was asked and had to demonstrate showing a product (cell phone) to one of the managers right there in the store in front of anyone that happened to be there.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Once they call you in for an interview, be ready. I came in during a huge hiring frenzy and they interviewed me while several other interviews were going on the same same room with candidates older than me, so I was pretty intimidated. Plus, they usually consult a laptop screen between you to ask and type questions, so there is an impersonal element.
    The important thing you should do is answer behavioral questions specifically. Tell a story, give details, and THEN tie the lesson, the big idea, and the good results back together at the end. If you feel blitzed, invent something on the fly--with details!

Interview Questions

• How have you responded in the past when you see a co-worker doing something inappropriate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Denver, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, two weeks later I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. Once I passed the first phone interview, I had a second phone interview the same day, I was notified that I passed that interview and was asked to do a face to face interview at a retail location. The in store interview was conducted by a store manager and a hiring manager. The in store interview consisted of two parts: sit down interview followed by a role play in which you have to use your selling skills to pitch a phone and then a smart accessory (smart watch for me) to the manager acting as the customer. Once this interview was over they said they would let me know whether or not I got the job by phone. About 5 to 7 days later I received a phone call informing me that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a conflict?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairbanks, AK

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Fairbanks, AK) in July 2015.

Interview

It took a while for them to call back, started off with an over the phone interview then in store with store manager he was very attentive and observant he had more people to interview so I'm PATIENTLY waiting for that yes call

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (York, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview, followed by in store interview. Pretty straightforward questions about prior work experience and educational background. They ask you to relate your previous experience to the role you are applying for and what you think you can bring to the team. They would prefer if you dress well just like any other interview. Don't worry if you aren't the most up to date on technology or phones, just be honest and give them your best answer.

Interview Questions

• Explain how to use your phone, some of the cool features in has (selling points)   Answer Question

Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a couple weeks later from a recruiter who wanted to give me a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview and it was pretty standard STAR questions. I actually thought I did terribly but after about 10 or 15 minutes of questions she said she wanted to set me up with an in person interview with the store manager. I went for my store interview a few days later which lasted literally 15 minutes, which I took to be a bad sign, even though I thought the interview went really well. They told me I would hear from HR within the week as to whether or not I was chosen. A few days later I was contacted by HR and after verifying all of my application information I was offered the job. I had to submit a urine test for drug screening within 48 hours from that time and submit to a background check. The background check took almost a month to complete but all was cleared in the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation in which you had to work as a team to solve a problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. they basically said this is what we pay, take it or leave it.