Verizon Experience Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Experience Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Denver, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, two weeks later I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. Once I passed the first phone interview, I had a second phone interview the same day, I was notified that I passed that interview and was asked to do a face to face interview at a retail location. The in store interview was conducted by a store manager and a hiring manager. The in store interview consisted of two parts: sit down interview followed by a role play in which you have to use your selling skills to pitch a phone and then a smart accessory (smart watch for me) to the manager acting as the customer. Once this interview was over they said they would let me know whether or not I got the job by phone. About 5 to 7 days later I received a phone call informing me that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a conflict?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairbanks, AK

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Fairbanks, AK) in July 2015.

Interview

It took a while for them to call back, started off with an over the phone interview then in store with store manager he was very attentive and observant he had more people to interview so I'm PATIENTLY waiting for that yes call

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (York, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview, followed by in store interview. Pretty straightforward questions about prior work experience and educational background. They ask you to relate your previous experience to the role you are applying for and what you think you can bring to the team. They would prefer if you dress well just like any other interview. Don't worry if you aren't the most up to date on technology or phones, just be honest and give them your best answer.

Interview Questions

• Explain how to use your phone, some of the cool features in has (selling points)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Bridgeport, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

I first applied. Then I got a call from a recruiter. I did a phone interview with the recruiter shortly after. Then I had an office interview with the General Manager and one of his store managers. The entire process was easy, fun, not stressful, exciting and the time flew by fast. So fast that I didn't realize that we had been in the interview for an hour.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to read the Credo and explain my thoughts on it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Wilmington, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

A Verizon recruiter reached out to me after seeing my resume. She said that my experience would be a great fit for the position, and we set up a phone interview.

The phone interview was pretty standard, and very comfortable conversation. She asked a lot of questions about my experience, asked situational questions, and questions about the CREDO. At the end of the call, she told me how fantastic she thought I would be for the position, and proceeded to go over next steps. She said I would interview with the Store Manager, and gave me information on the type of questions they would ask me, one of which being a role-playing situation. We spent almost an hour and a half talking and going over everything.

The next day, I received a very garbled call from the Store Manager. I was able to make out first name, but nothing else. I returned her call and left her a list of three days (full complete days, not an hour here or an hour there) that I was available for an interview over the next week. When she returned my call, that's when things went sour. Apparently she took the fact that I work from home now to mean "I watch TV all day" and she proceeded to pester me about coming in that day for the interview. Now at this point, I had told her that I was in the middle of working, and would not be done until after she had left. I again tried to emphasize the days I had made available, but she seemed irritated that I was not just skipping a day of work to come in that day. After a uncomfortable phone conversation, I finally agreed to skip a day of pay to go in.

When I arrived at the store, I was greeted by a very unhappy looking woman with a flat and short "Welcome to Verizon". Ok... not a great first impression. I told her my name, and who I was here to see, and instantly her demeanor turned sour. "You can't just show up without an appointment, you need one to see them" she said to me. I informed her that I did have an appointment, but I was there a little bit early and would look around. For the next 25 minutes (the interview started late of course) I was stared at, and seemingly whispered about, by the girl and her coworkers. Not one person said hello to me, asked me if I needed help... Nothing. They all just glared at me, as I sat there waiting.

Finally, two women came out of the back and got me for the interview. Neither one was very friendly, but as I was excited about the potential at this point, I tried not to let it get to me. We went into the back, and proceeded with the most bizarre interview of my life. I will start by saying that I am assuming at this point that both girls had decided they did not want to hire me before the even met me. I'm not sure if they weren't impressed by my 10 years of customer service, or maybe if my prior phone call where I was bullied into coming in didn't help, but they made no attempt to legitimately interview me. They both held tablets the whole time, and asked me very generic, vague questions. "Why did you leave your last position" etc... Nothing that the recruiter had prepared me for, and quite frankly nothing even remotely related to the position.

It was basically a big waste of my time, and I left feeling a bit jaded about Verizon. The recruiter was great, and I always received great customer service from Verizon on the phone and in person in my hometown, but this experience was enough to make me both leave Verizon as a customer, and never want to apply there again. Obviously the employees and managers at the location here have no idea how to treat people..

My suggestion would be that if you disagree with a recruiter's choice, don't waste weeks of a candidates time. And also, don't be so incredibly snotty as to think that working at home means someone is able to drop everything for you. You wasted not only a day of pay for me, but a lot of time from the phone interview, to preparing, to everything. Glad I avoided working there!

Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

It interesting, I got a phone interview, they asked me a couple questions of my past jobs and then we did a role play of selling their accessory of the month at the time. It all lasted for about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a customer who is thinking about coming to Verizon but they have AT&T and the bill would still be about the same if they came to Verizon   Answer Question

Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two different locations and both of them told me a date they would contact me with an answer as to whether or not I was going to be offered the position. It's been weeks since the first interview and nothing. I felt like the interviews went really well. The least they could do is send an email so I know where I stand. I followed up with both managers. I spent hours prepping, driving, and interviewing and they can't even spare 5 minutes of their day to give candidates basic feedback. Even if they do eventually send me an offer I most likely won't be accepting because of how inconsiderate they are during the process. It's not like it's some amazing job...you stand in the front of the store and deal with the irate customers and sell products so the reps don't have to(which you won't make any commission on by the way). You're either interested in the applicant or you aren't. Don't drag it out.

Interview Questions

• Why Verizon? What stood out to you in the Credo? Why should we hire you? What kind of experience with technology do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Hr will contact you about 3 weeks after you apply and set up an interview in the store. You will then have a phone interview with the manager and then they will get you into the store for a more in depth interview. After the GM interviews you, you then interview with the district manager.

Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

Interview

I started by applying to the Experience Specialist position on the Verizon careers website. With in a week, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up an interview. The recruiter also emailed me a pdf flyer about a Fitbit. The interview consisted of basic questions, going over my resume, and then we did a mock over the phone. She pretended to be a customer, and I had to recommend the Fitbit.

I did a horrible job at the mock, but she saw something in me and called a few days later to set up a final interview with the store manager. He liked me enough to hire me.

Tips: its sales, so be yourself, be enthusiastic, and have fun.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They pay you more if you're fluent in other languages.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Portland, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the whole process from application to being hired took less than a month. There were 2 phone interviews and 1 in-person interview. The in person interview was conducted by the store manager at that particular Verizon store and consisted of fairly standard interview questions. This is a sales job so the interview questions focused on prior sales experience and proven customer service ability.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer
    • Describe yourself.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal.   1 Answer
    • When’s a time you've dealt with a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • We find coachability very important. When’s a time you learned a task quickly and effectively?   1 Answer