Verizon FIOS Customer Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

FIOS Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. The interview was fairly typical with the interviewer reading prepared questions that explored my general work experience. Nothing specific about my resume was asked.

The next step involved a talent and skills assessment and technical knowledge test. The TSA is similar to an ACT or SAT test, the main difference being the personality quiz. I will emphasize that the personality quiz is very serious, and that it is important that you do not indicate anything on the quiz that would make you appear anything less than highly motivated, self-starting, responsible, and always calm. I passed all the cognitive areas of the test but managed to fail the personality test entirely. The worst I allowed about my personality was a neutral response and that was sufficient for the computer to eliminate me from employment. While it seems absurd they will let a computer administered personality quiz not unlike those found on dating sites eliminate a potentially good hire, it should be easy enough to fake it out if you are prepared for it.

I expect there are further interviews but I didn't make it that far. As an aside, there are some helpful interview and test previews available on Verizon's website.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to improve yourself in the last 5 years?   2 Answers