Verizon Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied on the website on a Sunday evening. Monday morning I was contacted for my first telephone interview. I scheduled that interview for Tuesday afternoon. After the interview (which was a personality interview) I received an email telling me I qualified for the position and to schedule skills testing. I scheduled the testing for the first available date which was Thursday morning. The testing consisted of an IQ test, a behavioral test and a Skills assessment. I passed all tests and was granted a 2nd phone interview for Friday afternoon. This interview was with 2 people from HR who asked pretty much the same types of questions as the first phone interview. I received notice on Monday morning via email that I still qualified for the position and a rep would call me when they had an available job opportunity. I got the call with the job offer on Monday evening and accepted the offer over the telephone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in a difficult situation and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I maxed out the pay scale for the position with my experience and bachelor's degree.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Wilmington, DE) in February 2013.

Interview

Sent in my resume. Two days later a Verizon recruiter called me asking to do a phone interview the following day. He called back the next day and we conducted the phone interview which consisted of about 30 min. of behavioral questions? (Tell me about a time when you were working with another co-worker that wasn't pulling their weight and what you did about it?) At the end of the interview he told me the interview went well and he will tell the hiring managers to proceed with the next steps. He then sent me an email with a link to setup 2 tests at a local college.

The first one was a Talent Skills Assessment which had a 60 min. time limit on it. (that test consisted of math problems and scenario questions) If you pass the first test, you then take the Computer & Internet Knowledge Test which is similar to the A+ Certification Test with a lot of networking questions and a 45 min. time limit. After the test it asked me to setup a In-Person Interview. I scheduled that for the following day.

It was a panel interview with 3 people on the other side of table with one of them being the Supervisor for the position. The panel interview was a structured interview (which is a set of questions from a booklet that they ask every person interviewing. That way it is fair and everyone gets the same questions.) They said they were hiring for 10 positions and it would be a few weeks until I heard a decision.

After 6 weeks I finally got a call offering me the position with a training start date 3 weeks away.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to complete a project with no training or concept of how it works, and how you handled the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offered me the max pay rate for that position based on my previous experience.

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online November 12 and got an email from a recruiter the following telling me he likes my background and will like to move me for to next level of the interview but i had to answer some questions via email.

I got another email 30 mins after answering his questions with a link to take the three part assessment test. which was quite easy but time consuming.

I got a call the following week requesting for a face2face interview which was a panel of two. They just want to know your problem solving skills.

I got an email the following day saying my status on the interview was qualified and a recruiter will call me if i'm selected. I got a call from the recruiter the following week asking me questions about my previous employer and education.

They are really thorough with their background check. Every information on resume should be true.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work on a project which you had no prior training for?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, got the maximum pay

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call four days later to schedule an IT test that had to be completed within 72hrs. After that, I was scheduled for the in person interview which I have not gone to yet. The IT test was basic A+ stuff, with some cable tv information.

Interview Questions

• Then customer service test was unexpectedly fast, but not difficult.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Syracuse, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied in May - recruiter reached out to me via e-mail in September. By this point I was performing a similar job for TWC, albeit with less advanced troubleshooting responsibilities (and more selling :x) Recruiter scheduled a phone interview, which was basically an explanation of the duties of the job and agreeing to take online tests. These tests measured your morals, multitasking, math, typing speed, customer service, as well as networking (the most difficult.) Within five days of successfully completing these tests, I was contacted by a scheduling dept to lock in an in-person interview. This interview was at the work location in Syracuse. Consisted of standardized situational behavior questions from a workbook, administered by two (presumably) supervisors/managers. I answered each question with CAR (Cause, Action, & Resolution.) Interview was on a Friday, Monday afternoon I received a job offer with awesome hourly pay (raise to max position pay in 6 months!) Took a drug screen within the required 48 hour window, by the next Monday I heard back that all my pre-employment requirements were met. Can't wait to start this job, the pay is tremendous (benefits are supposed to be great, too.)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used complex analysis to solve a problem   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, offered one level below max pay due to my experience, roughly 2.5 times more than I've ever made, when I reach max pay I'll be making 70,000 a year before overtime

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Long Beach, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

A test with basic question about networking. Then a phone interview to determine the language skill over the phone. Finally, a 2 week training that if you fail you are immediately fired.

Interview Questions

• Questions in regards to fiber specific to verizon network   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a salary and benefits, I told them I had to think about it and the next phone call they offered me more money.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The requirements for this job was a phone interview by the recruiter, followed by 3 tests. No other interview was necessary, the hiring was based on who could pass the tests. One test was a 'battery' test similar to the SAT: Simple math with formulas give, reading comprehension, and matching similes, etc. The second test was based on networking and internet knowledge. The third test was a role playing test with a phone headset and a mock up of a ticketing system.

Interview Questions

• The networking test was the most difficult to pass.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Newport News, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and in two weeks I got a email about signing up for some initial testing. The first test was like the SAT or an IQ test. There is also a personality test that's within it. Then if you pass that you take a computer knowledge test, which has questions similar to the A+ exam. Then I was called the next day to set up a "structured interview", which was basically a face-to-face interview. They told me a recruiter would call me, but they never did. The structured interview involved two people reading questions out of a booklet and writting down your answers. They then score your answers to determine if you pass.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a customer was angry, how you handled it and what the result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon (Syracuse, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

About 72 hours after I submitted my resume and application I was contacted by a recruiter to discuss the position in question. We had a brief phone interview and proceeded to schedule a test for basic skills and networking knowledge. I was later able to schedule a structured interview with two people asking me questions about experience pertaining to how I handle difficult situations and their outcomes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult Co worker and the steps you took to get the job done and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Started out by applying. Was contacted about two weeks after for a phone interview. After initial phone interview was required to take tests on computer that tested your ability to follow rules, data entry, and basic LAN networking skills.

Successfully passed the testing and was granted an in person interview where I was asked questions by two managers out of a booklet. The questions were self explanatory customer situation examples. After the interview I was told to wait for a few days for information. Received an email on Saturday telling me to expect to hear more information in the next week which have the hint I probably got the job. Then on Monday I got the call from the initial recruiter offering the job. .

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to provide negative information to a customer and how did you present it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate because it was a union job and after two years there I was going to be making a substantial salary in my opinion.