Verizon Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

3.3

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Syracuse, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Typical Situational based questions, where you had to put yourself into a situation and explain in detail how you handled the situation, including the outcome. They also do a tour as part of their interview. I had a two person panel, consisting of one of the Center Managers and one of the Technical Supervisors.

Interview Questions

• You have a customer who called in, upset about their dispatching being cancelled because of severe weather in the area   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Robbinsville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Robbinsville, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks. I applied online, next day took online assessment test (takes 2hrs), 2 days after phone interview with recruiter (5mins), 4 days after personal interview at Robbinsville, NJ with a panel of 3 (including hiring manager). Interview took 1.5hrs, gave me a tour to facility, very basic interview questions. Two days after received job offer phone call, and finally urine drug test the following day.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what's a router? What's WiFi? Best HD video cable in the market? Types of video cables available to plug into TV? Experience in call center? Most challenging technical problem and how did you overcome it? Any customer service and support experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

two person panel interview, basic. Two supervisors, both with pamphlets that way you get two objetive point of views. The interview didn't feel that personal though. Just had to answer questions truthfully. I believe my management background gave me an advantage since I could answer the questions with the company line of sight in mind.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a customer service situation   1 Answer

Negotiation

simple and easy, initial pay was great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Took series of tests.then phone screen then interview where i had to show my drivers license to the manager conducting the interview. Which was weird to me be ause that reveals peoples ages

Interview Questions

• Name a time when another co worker was not pulling his weight.   1 Answer

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online November 12 and got an email from a recruiter the following telling me he likes my background and will like to move me for to next level of the interview but i had to answer some questions via email.

I got another email 30 mins after answering his questions with a link to take the three part assessment test. which was quite easy but time consuming.

I got a call the following week requesting for a face2face interview which was a panel of two. They just want to know your problem solving skills.

I got an email the following day saying my status on the interview was qualified and a recruiter will call me if i'm selected. I got a call from the recruiter the following week asking me questions about my previous employer and education.

They are really thorough with their background check. Every information on resume should be true.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work on a project which you had no prior training for?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, got the maximum pay

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Silver Spring, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

Very long and detailed many test. Be prepared get a good night's sleep. There are three stages. Less technical questions more practical questions. You can use a notebook to write the answersand your questions down. Stay confident

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call four days later to schedule an IT test that had to be completed within 72hrs. After that, I was scheduled for the in person interview which I have not gone to yet. The IT test was basic A+ stuff, with some cable tv information.

Interview Questions

• Then customer service test was unexpectedly fast, but not difficult.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Syracuse, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied in May - recruiter reached out to me via e-mail in September. By this point I was performing a similar job for TWC, albeit with less advanced troubleshooting responsibilities (and more selling :x) Recruiter scheduled a phone interview, which was basically an explanation of the duties of the job and agreeing to take online tests. These tests measured your morals, multitasking, math, typing speed, customer service, as well as networking (the most difficult.) Within five days of successfully completing these tests, I was contacted by a scheduling dept to lock in an in-person interview. This interview was at the work location in Syracuse. Consisted of standardized situational behavior questions from a workbook, administered by two (presumably) supervisors/managers. I answered each question with CAR (Cause, Action, & Resolution.) Interview was on a Friday, Monday afternoon I received a job offer with awesome hourly pay (raise to max position pay in 6 months!) Took a drug screen within the required 48 hour window, by the next Monday I heard back that all my pre-employment requirements were met. Can't wait to start this job, the pay is tremendous (benefits are supposed to be great, too.)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used complex analysis to solve a problem   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, offered one level below max pay due to my experience, roughly 2.5 times more than I've ever made, when I reach max pay I'll be making 70,000 a year before overtime

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Started out by applying. Was contacted about two weeks after for a phone interview. After initial phone interview was required to take tests on computer that tested your ability to follow rules, data entry, and basic LAN networking skills.

Successfully passed the testing and was granted an in person interview where I was asked questions by two managers out of a booklet. The questions were self explanatory customer situation examples. After the interview I was told to wait for a few days for information. Received an email on Saturday telling me to expect to hear more information in the next week which have the hint I probably got the job. Then on Monday I got the call from the initial recruiter offering the job. .

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to provide negative information to a customer and how did you present it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate because it was a union job and after two years there I was going to be making a substantial salary in my opinion.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The requirements for this job was a phone interview by the recruiter, followed by 3 tests. No other interview was necessary, the hiring was based on who could pass the tests. One test was a 'battery' test similar to the SAT: Simple math with formulas give, reading comprehension, and matching similes, etc. The second test was based on networking and internet knowledge. The third test was a role playing test with a phone headset and a mock up of a ticketing system.

Interview Questions

• The networking test was the most difficult to pass.   1 Answer