Verizon IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon IT Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in December 2018.

Interview

The first step is a recorded online video interview. They then invite a small group of people for on-site interviews. There are roughly 10 intern candidates per on-site day (or at least there was around that many when I was there). There are roughly 50 interns selected for the Basking Ridge location.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

Flew in to Verizon's super day. Was fed well, and campus was really nice. Interview was all behavioral. There were two people in the room and although I felt like I did not interview well, I still got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation were you gave an innovative solution to a problem.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Applied online through application that I found through my College Then was given a hirevue video interview a few weeks later. Did not make it pass this stage, but the questions were not difficult. There were 8 video interview questions with each one taking no more than 1-3 minutes to answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Miami, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within 3 days with an invitation to record myself answering standard behavioral questions. When researching online about this, I saw many applicants say they had multiple attempts to record themselves, well not me. I had one shot to record myself and it's honestly the most awkward way to present yourself in my opinion because you have to see yourself while doing it and remember to maintain "eye contact" with a non-existent human (your webcam).

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an offer to complete an online video montage. The montage had basic interview questions that you would record yourself answering. You only have one shot but you can take as long as you want to prepare. The whole montage needed to be done in about 4 days.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Typical phone screen, followed by a taketheinterview screen. They said they would follow up within 6 weeks, and it took them much longer than that. I reached out and they said they were reevaluating the opportunities available. A few weeks later, they said they were moving on.

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Easy interview process, montage then super day. Basic OOP questions and a few easy data structure problems. Got the internship the next week. Study your OOP basics and you will be fine. Use CTCI

Interview Questions

• What is an interface? What are the differences in C and Java.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon in October 2014.

Interview

I got the interview through my career fair. There was an initial phone screening for 30 minutes. Then there was a "Super Interview" day that a group of interns attended.

There were no actual technical questions; instead, there was a 45 minute interview where they asked questions about the types of projects you worked on and how you overcame obstacles creating them. Before doing the interview, make a list of a BUNCH of projects (even if they were homeworks) because they wanna hear multiple different things you worked on.

There was another 45 minute interview where they asked you purely behavioral questions.

Also when they call you to give you an offer, they give you 48 hours to do a mandated drug test or the offer is revoked.

Interview Questions

• "Technical questions":
      - What were effective methods you used to debug a project?
      - How did you deal with a difficult teammate?
      - How did you overcome an obstacle while creating your project?

Behavioral Questions:
      The generic questions, mainly "tell me about a time..."
      Ex: tell me about a time you displayed leadership.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ).

Interview

The process was split into two interviews, the first set was deemed a technical interview, but did not as a single question about technical ability, more so the process of working in a technical setting. the behavioral was a very standard behavioral interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

If it's internal then the interview process is horrible because the requirements for the job do not always align with the performance metrics of the current position. If you are an external candidate they will ask a lot of behavior questions like name a time when you were in .....