Verizon Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

If you pass the phone interview and assessment, you will interview with 2 sets of managers and then with the director. Thy'll let you know right at that point if you've received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Situation based question on character and work ethic   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Resume interview, phone interview and then face to face interview. It was pretty difficult with lots of tough questions. Also interviewing with more than one person at a time. Hard to prepare for the types of questions they may ask. Good cop bad cop style interviews usually.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to do something very complicated and how did you do it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Orangeburg, NY).

Interview

Fairly quick an overall assessment of using your skills in a day to day setting. Mostly they were a lot of situational question to see if you could handle the pressure of selling

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Dallas, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a Verizon recruiter on Indeed about the position. I let them know that I was interested and then I was advised I needed to take an assessment, which had to be the longest job assessment in history. I passed my assessment and next, I had a phone interview with the recruiter. The recruiter advised me that she wanted to move forward with a face to face interview.

The face to face interview is a 2 parter. 30 minutes with one manager and 30 minutes with another. The first part is your routine star method and the second part behavioral. The first manager spoke with me for over an 1hr 1/2. She was professional yet, she let the interview be conversational. The second manager Spooe with me for about 3-5 minutes, but she unfortunately was unprofessional and I’d say a bit rude to be honest. It left a bad taste in my mouth so I decided that I’d go with another offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Greenville, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

Had to do a 90 minute online assessment. Then was contacted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about 90 minutes also. I received a phone call a few days later and scheduled an in person interview. That interview lasted an hour. I was told I would hear from them in 5 business days. It took 2 weeks and multiple emails from me to finally get an email telling me I wasn't accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verizon (Orangeburg, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

There were 5 interviews that took place. There is a phone interview, assessment interview on the computer, interview with sales management, interview with district management, then final with Human Resources

Interview Questions

• What is something that you use everyday and try to sell it to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

The initial phone interview was great. I was rusty on interviews and it was great practice. I got through the phone interview and moved on to the in person interview. I’m usually good with in person interviews but these guys were ridiculous. They IMO had no idea how to correlate my prior sales experience in business to their consumer mindsets. They also didn’t like my answers to their questions (which addressed them and answered them in STAR format) about business vs consumers. They want invasive, aggressive, overbearing sales reps, not people who care about customers. The role play call, they wanted me to get the guy’s wife on the line or ask about that and I set up a callback. They also kept repeatedly saying that they felt like I would be a bettter fit for business vs letting me train and learn to adapt my sales approach to their environment. They also said that I missed asking a basic question of how many lines. Having never worked in a cellular sales environment, I wouldn’t have thought to ask that in a million years. I was very disappointed in the interview and ultimately didn’t get the job.

Here’s the kicker, if you get feedback and want to reapply, YOU CAN’T FOR A YEAR. So, no taking feedback, improving yourself and trying again, which was something that Verizon’s credo was about. Making yourself better and learning/adapting, etc. I really wanted to work here and took their feedback to attempt again only to find out after setting up a second phone interview that I wasn’t able to for a year. It was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a customer and your product didn’t fit their needs. How did you close the deal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Assessment test comes via email with a deadline to complete. It is online and is strictly Mickey Mouse for 90 minutes of call center scenarios, comparing numbers and letters, typing speed, and finding patterns in grids, and ethics questions. It is designed for a five year old and annoying. Obviously an entry level job. If you get called for a follow-up interview if you don't pick up on the first ring they will not return your voice mails or emails, too many people have already applied for the job. Essentially you wasted 90 minutes of your life with this dinosaur company. They have no respect for the candidate. You can tell this is a high turnover job the way people are treated.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

4 different interviews - one in the call center doing a skills assessment, second over the phone for more than an hour, and third in the call center again with a supervisor then a manager

Interview Questions

• Describe when you didn't agree with a supervisor and how you resolved the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

They went the extra mile so be prepared to answer all types of basic interview questions. They did some role playing as well. It was very quick and I heard back from them the next day that i got the job.