Verizon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

490 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. After the application I received an email to take an online an assessment. The next day I was emailed by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview.

During the phone interview I was given more information on the position and given an opportunity to ask any questions I had. I was then asked basic interview questions "Why do you want to work for Verizon?" etc. The interview concluded and 2 days later I got a call to interview at one of the stores.

The interview was with 2 general managers. They had me start off by going over my work history. After that they asked situational/behavioral questions. We then wrapped up the interview with a sales role play where I was asked to sale a wireless charger. Overall it was a good experience and everyone I interviewed with was very friendly. I am waiting to hear back.

Fios Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Richmond, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then received a "screening call" from HR. I then had a scheduled phone interview with two local managers. The very first thing they said was that they didn't have my resume. It wasn't sent to them by HR? I was asked to describe my background and experience. I have nearly 15 years experience as a tech so I thought this would somewhat carry me through the interview. I was wrong. The entire interview isn't based on anything you've done other than situational past experiences or a "what if" scenarios. Truly disappointed. I prepared days in advance and had actual past situations to pull from but apparently it wasn't enough. Normally I don't leave feedback from an interview but honestly I've never been in such an impersonal "test" in my life. This didn't feel like an interview. It felt more like a sycho analysis test. This went way beyond the "describe a time"..... type of question. I'm completely dumfounded how 15 years of direct experience isn't as important as direct experience. So one of the questions was this : You're a technician, how do you manage your free time during the day"? What? Manage my free time during the day? This was the most bizarre and disappointing interview Ive ever had. But again how do local managers who are the decision makers not even have my resume in hand? Good luck trying to prepare with real experiences. I was asked about what training or certifications I have. I listed all 15 or so, and the manager with 3 years of experience said hmmmm, as if I was lying. I don't think this was a Verizon interview, I think it was a horrible so called local manager interview, who at the least needs to brush up on people skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Verizon? What do you do to manage your free time during the day? You're a tech at a house and the customer is throwing things at you in anger, what do you do? Wtf? You're a technician and you don't like your boss, what do you do to talk to him?   1 Answer

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position in May and I received an invitation to take the ASSESSMENT a month later , I passed the assessment like I did before and then two days later I was invited to do a phone interview, My phone interview lasted about 30 minutes, the guy was very professional and kind, but I'm not confident If I got the job or not, because I have been through this process before and I never made it past the phone interview. As a great employee who is very hard working and never had any attendance issue and never have been fired before from any job, I can say that the hiring process is too stressful and absurd . My advice to Verizon If you want to keep employees please check to see how long can the candidate maintain a job and stop hiring people who change jobs like they changed clothes. you need dependable employees. the training is 12 weeks why making people sell a product before getting the job. please find a way to make the hiring process less stressful for the candidates. Honestly this is my last interview with Verizon if I don't get the job I will never apply again.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Pensacola, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone and takes approximately 45 minutes. Questions were pretty standard but make sure to study the product information sheets they provide prior to the interview and become familiar with the product.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to help an unhappy customer and what you did.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon in May 2017.

Interview

I applied and a week later got an email for an assessment. I completed the assessment and was scheduled a phone interview a week later. Unfortunately it went downhill from here , the recruiter that interviewed me was very rude and had a very nasty attitude . She called me late for the interview and you could tell she wasn't interested since the minute she called. Her name is LaQundra M. so beware . I don't understand how a company could hire someone this evil. I had all the skills and qualifications just didn't get the job due to this nasty recruiter . Staight prejudice. This lady seems very jealous and nasty. This company really let me down.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like working in a call center   1 Answer

In-House Agency Copyeditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screening with HR, followed by an editing test, and an interview with the hiring manager. Overall pleasant experience. The in-house agency is still brand new and growing, and they're looking to fill spots. The people here seem nice and there seems to be a lot of tight-knit collaboration. I caught many factual errors on the editing test (their live website), which they still have yet updated. Because of this, I am also concerned about their level of work efficiency.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taunton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verizon (Taunton, MA).

Interview

Called by department employee to coordinate. No notice, within same week window. Panel interview by 6 people. One of which was hiring manager. Questions excellent.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately it was approximately two years ago and I do not recall specifics.   Answer Question

Entry Level IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Consisted of group exercise and technical/ behavioral interview. Know everything in your resume confidently and use the STAR method when answering questions. Be sure to ask questions at the end and expect basic technical questions on the position you're interested in.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon in March 2017.

Interview

It was for a co-op. The first step was a video interview where you can record your answers to general questions and submit them. They got back to me a day later to set up a phone interview. Haven't taken the phone interview yet

Interview Questions

• Short term/long term goals, why verizon, what innovation means to you, how did you cope up with different ideas while working in a team   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

1 hour project, asked to find some potential risk areas with the data base provided. Use multiple functions in excel to perform test in excel and then put it into PPT for final presentation.
    1 hour interview with senior managers, first explain what I did with the project and the logic and thoughts behind it. Then answered about 5-8 behavior questions.
    1 hour interview with the director, who is the group leader. General discuss about the project, a little bit behavior questions and more specific questions related with my back ground and what I can bring over to the team.

Interview Questions

• What is a time that you have conducted error in your work and how did you fix it>   2 Answers