Verizon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,424 Interview Reviews

2.8

FiOS Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

The entire interview process was chaotic and disorganized. HR told me that one manager was going to interview me for the position. I show up and I'm immediately interviewed by a production supervisor that has a whopping two years of telecom experience. The two supervisors kept mentioning diversity during the process. I read between the lines and figured out that they meant a white male had no shot at this job opening. I had to repeat my answers because the interviewer pretended like he did not understand my answers.

Interview Questions

• How did you help calm an angry customer during a heated situation?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Hampton, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for Verizon in August 2016. The same day I applied, I received an email informing me that I made it to the next step in the application process which was an online assessment. The assessment took about two hours to complete. Two weeks later, I received a call from a recruiter in Dallas to complete a brief phone interview which took about fifteen minutes. Most of the questions were regarding my duties and responsibilities in my past roles and there were a few behavioral questions. I was advised that I would be contacted in 7-10 days if I made it to the next step in the process. About a week later, the same recruiter contacted me and set me up for an interview at the Verizon campus in Hampton, VA. I was advised to show up 30 minutes early as they would be conducting a tour of the facility. I interviewed with a group of three people. Before the actual interview, we also listened to a prerecorded call and gave personal feedback. I then interviewed with two sales supervisors; it took about an hour for the whole interview. They asked about seven behavioral questions and asked about my past duties and roles. I was then required to assume the role of a sales consultant in a role play with one of the supervisors playing the customer. They gave me a sheet with details on the customer and the services they currently had. Ultimately, they wanted to see that I wasn't afraid to ask for the sale and that I didn't back away after a customer objection. They wrote a ton of notes and barely made eye contact but they advised me that was normal for their interviews. I was advised that it would take about two to four weeks to hear back regarding my interview. Today, a recruiter from New Jersey contacted me following up on my interview. They asked a couple questions regarding my past employment and whether or not I'd able to furnish proof of my educational and employment history with dates. I received a conditional offer of employment pending a background check and drug screen. The process took about two and half months to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• How you think your experience in your past roles will help you in a position at Verizon?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

I was emailed a link to do video questionnaire. 5 questions that I had to respond to on the spot and record it. I received a random phone call (from another state) in the morning to ask questions that "could not wait". The questions were extremely intrusive and irrelevant. She was very rude and unapologetic. And this had been my worst interview ever.

Interview Questions

• Who else are you interviewing with? What are their offers?   2 Answers

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

An entrance exam that tests your knowledge of network, phone and computer internet telecommunications. Basics of electricity knowledge, Microsoft operating system and network terminology needed to pass the pre-employment exam.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle call after call of potentially upset customers?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Huntsville, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very long and in depth. They want to hire good candidates for the position. I thought I did really well during the interview process and was sure I got the job. Nope. I didn't even get a call. Expect to answer behavioral questions in star format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have to deal with an angry customer and what did you do to resolve it ?   Answer Question

IT Compliance Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

The person who took my interview, she didn't know how to talk. Very rude and wasn't respectful. When someone takes interview, a Manaer or a person explains what is the position is about and then starts asking interview questions. But the lady who took my interview was very disrespectful.

Finance Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon (Tulsa, OK) in February 2016.

Interview

I think I received an email inviting me to a phone interview. I remember being displeased with that interview - the recruiter didn't at all know what the duties of my role would be, and that struck me as important. Perhaps it was just a formality, as I was still invited to interview in person.

There I was interviewed by two people, separately. The first asked countless canned behavioral interview questions. I hated it. The second was extraordinarily friendly and nice. That one went super well. I really liked her. Interviewing with her really just made my day.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me would have been one of the canned behavioral interview questions. Something like, tell me about a time you worked with a team and faced conflict. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Principal Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Verizon (Burlington, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

1. asked questions, discussed with the interviewer, and answered the questions
    2. asked questions, discussed with the interviewer, and answered the questions
    3. asked questions, discussed with the interviewer, and answered the questions

Interview Questions

• Q. How was the latest project challenging you?
      Q. Do you like the people at work?
      Q. How do you work with your team?
      1 Answer
    • Q. How do you manage your TTD system?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, only tell them your current status

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Gave examples of how I managed my previous teams in the past for example...Lead team, monitor, review , coach, discipline in necessary, train, motivate ...Keep daily interaction positive keep moving showing improvements and where work needs to be done.

Interview Questions

• Would you have difficulty terminating an employee.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Washington, DC) in March 2011.

Interview

IT was a long process where I met with every member of the senior team. I was asked questions about my background and prior work experience, my educational qualifications, my work experiences in the position I was at the time and other questions.

Interview Questions

• One key question asked was what I understood to be the policy environment that the company was working in and what major changes would come down the pike in a few years.   Answer Question