Verizon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017
1,592 Interview Reviews

2.8

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

The interviewing process is fair. It is done by a series of tests andif you pass the test and the background check, you get the job. They don't waste your time.

Negotiation

They used a salary/experience grid and based on your work history, they have a set pay. Because it is a sales job and I have sales experience, I was offered the max...even though I didn't have a college degree.

Retal Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Applied on their website about a month ago. Got a random email from them last week, asking to set up a phone interview. Took 1st phone interview yesterday. Basic questions about background, prior work history, why I want to work with Verizon, my strengths, etc. Pretty standard initial screening.

Had my 2nd phone interview today. Again, we went over my background, prior work history and such. And then the interviewer provided about 3-4 situations where I had to ''describe a prior work experience where ...'' Questions were 1) a time when you needed to learn something you didn't already know to help a customer 2) a time where I was pressured for time and meeting a deadline and how i responded 3) a time where an important project dictated my pay and how I handled it 4) a time when dealing with an irate customer

Answered all of them based on legit, real world experiences from my jobs. Question #3 was the last question she asked me. After I finished explaining, the interview ended rather abruptly. She then asked if I was still interested, which of course i answered, 'yes'. She then told me that there were 2 open positions at different locations, both within my range and that a manager from one of those locations will reach out to me for a 3rd, face to face interview within the next few days. I guess it could go either way; either she figured I was suitable or she was tired of listening to me, haha. I felt confident up until the abrupt ending, but we'll see what happens in the next few days

Both interviews lasted about 40min.

Legal Analyst Interview

Interview

I was first called by someone in the HR department to schedule a short phone interview. During the phone interview, we discussed my resume and she stated she would provide a summary of that to the hiring manager. Then the hiring manager called and scheduled an in person interview. That interview lasted about 1 hour and was full of questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done something wrong and not caught it in time? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Thirty minute interview over the phone. A few weeks later, they flew me out to their headquarters for a second round interview. The second round consisted of two back to back 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a few industry trends you have observed and tell me how you think Verizon is positioned to address each trend in the future.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial Screening for communication and attitude, Technical, HR interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

one round of technical interview with three panel members. interview went on for one and a half hours followed by a HR discussion for offer negotiation. they have a series of background checks and you need to submit a lot of documents for the same as scanned copies. Interview was not difficult though

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

1. Technical Round
    2. HR

Core Java, Database knowledge

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

For freshers..they will ask C/C++ questions...they will check your aptitude, logical reasoning

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Took months to get this done.

Interview Questions

• Technology based questions. They want there sales people to be more technical than the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

short

IT Entry Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

The in person interview was two part with a behavioral and technical interview. The behavioral was conducted by a HR manager while the technical portion was conducted by IT professionals within the company. They asked general questions to start the interview, and then dove into the details to gauge your experiences, and your depth of knowledge.

The interviews lasted 1 hour total. The interviewers were friendly, and have patience as your think of a good answer so don't have to rush your answers. The technical questions will vary depending on what position you are interested in. ie If you are apply to a specific programming position you will asked questions about that language or specific field.

Interview Questions

• Why did you join Verizon? What are your specific strengths?   Answer Question