Verizon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,410 Interview Reviews

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Rolling Meadows, IL).

Interview

Standard 2 part interview, applied online, couple days later got an from a email from recruiter to set up a call interview also had to read the Verizon credo before the phone call some questions are basic around that most how you feel about it and what stood out the most. First interview was the phone with the recruiter basically going over my background and mostly "what would you do" type questions, role playing so practice! Couple days later got a call from the same recruiter to process to the next level for a face to face, now here's where it went south, my interview was days before thanksgiving and that's not an excuse but the person who was suppose to interview me didn't show with no type of reason and nobody could get a hold of the person IN the building, so the fact that your own co workers can't find you is a HUGE red flag. So I wasted about 40 mins waiting until they told me to come back and they were gonna contact me to reschedule, ok fine that's fair.. not really. Maybe 4 days later I came back to the office mind you they could only squeeze me in as a 5p interview, btw the latest interview time I've ever heard of but whatever so got over the interview with they companies IT manager he told me would take about 1-2 weeks mostly 1 week to hear back, now this training class was scheduled DEC 13 I did not hear back from anyone until Jan. 2017 like really? After all my follow up calls to the recruiter and follow up emails I did NOT get one single response if I was hired or not like cmon at least communicate isn't that was this company is based on?? Ridiculous! That was another RED FLAG! So I just assume they went with another candidate it's fine but if you're trying to contact me to interview again just to make your quota on hires like no! don't waste my time again. Only reason I knew I didn't get the position was I firmly asked the new recruiter to check my records on my last interview and she said it showed I didn't get picked, so why is it so hard to tell me that a 2 months ago? But anyways be careful with who you get as recruiter you might just not hear back and waste time interviewing.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Verizon does their very first screening through a Hiring Agency. I got a call from one of the agents. The questions were all behavioral. They were straight forward. I was told that I was recommended for an on-site interview and that I would be contacted in 2 months.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Behavioral STAR questions are used for interviews. Here's a refresher:Situation/Task, Actions and Results. Depending on the hiring manager you also have skill assessment and presentations that you need to deliver.

Interview Questions

• As managers, we are concerned about people whose performance is less than satisfactory. Tell me about a time when you gain commitment from a peer member report to improve that person's performance.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I first applied to the online application on verizon.com. Then I got an email saying I received a video interview. This consisted of answering a series of questions while recording yourself and submitting the video.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview - good discussion but it was a PURE HUNTER role and I was looking for a management role since that is where I was when Verizon reorged me out of a job due to the 2016 IBEW/CWA strike.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work there   1 Answer

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Star based questions, one spreadsheet analysis and one hour interview. It was a panel interview with 2 people. They were nice and cordial. Have now heard anything after the references were asked for.

Interview Questions

• If you work with a coworker and then become their manager and they do not work well under you, what would you do?   1 Answer

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Once you apply and all required online documents, if you match, a recruiter will send you an email to set up a phone interview. You will also get a job description and a link to Verizon's credo video. Take notes about the video and how it impacted you. (This is important as you will be asked about it and how did it affect you.)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had the most difficult customer situation and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Charleston, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

I had to take a pre interview exam, I had a 20 minute phone interview, I had an hour long meeting with the GM of the store. They mostly wanted to know about sales experience, tech experience, if you can deal with customers who don't want to be there.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with technology.   1 Answer

Product and Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through the Verizon website. Got an invitation for the video interview. Completed the interview and received a call informing me that I cleared the round and will have a face-to-face interview in the NJ office sometime around mid Feb. Waiting for the date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Verizon?   Answer Question
    • What are your short-term and long-term goals?   Answer Question
    • What does innovation mean to you and how have to applied that in your projects?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation where you had to finalize an idea out of many   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon in January 2017.

Interview

Online interview with behavioral questions. You have 48 hours to submit it once you start and you can record yourself as many times as you want for each question. Currently still waiting for response for 2nd round of interviews.