Verizon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2017
1,468 Interview Reviews

2.8

Call Center Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Applying online was an easy process. My application was viewed quickly and I was instructed to complete an hour and a half assessment. This was followed by a phone interview that was scheduled and was very professional. I was scheduled an in person interview at a corporate location. The actual interview touted the three month training program and company benefits for a lengthy time period. This was unnecessary. I was promised correspondence within a week and never heard back since. It felt like they hired someone previously and dismissed me without a chance.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The initial interview process was mostly based on a set of questions that ask one to tell about how he or she solved issues when faced with technical and people challenges.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to...? How did you address the situation, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

After the Online Application, after 2 days received an email for Video Interview. The video interview is 5 behavioral questions. You have to record the video answers and submit. Following this it is HR phone call then technical call and the last round is onsite face to face, which covers HR but also technical.

Interview Questions

• Basically it has behavioural questions in the video interview, like why you want to work with us, what are your goals etc.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

1st round was a video interview, 6 questions in 45 minutes - personality based questions,re-recording allowed.Then two days later I got a 5 minute phone call for screening, declined by email after that.

Interview Questions

• Why Verizon, explain a scenario where you had to work in a team   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I submitted my application online. A few weeks later, I had a phone interview which consisted on mainly behavior questions. Afterwards, I was invited to Ashburn, VA for a super day where I was interviewed by 3 different people.

FLDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

I gave a Verizon employee my resume at a career fair. A week later I was contacted by Verizons' outsourced headhunter who then scheduled a phone interview with me. The interview only took about 15 minutes and was pretty basic. A couple days later I received an email from Verizon saying that I was invited to Basking Ridge, NJ for another interview. We will see how this goes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Customer Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Garden City, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted for the job online then I received a email to take the assessment test which I passed there were four total test which I all passed. Then the recruiter called me and asked many questions she then said can you gone onsite to have a 1.1 interview the next which I did. I arrived onsite a hour early and waited in the lobby with no chairs and the security guard didn't even call the person I was supposed to meet so I asked him a few times how will he know I am here he just said he will be here. So the interviewer came and took me to a conference room and then his manager came in also they were very nice and polite. They started with a scenario and role play then technical questions and why and will questions. I blew them away with the knowledge I have as I have been in the customer service industry for 35 years and I am 56 years old. So being that I figured Verizon follows all guide lines regarding discrimination as on the wall in the lobby they say they don't age discriminate BS they do as I received a email two days later saying the job was filled. Ok I asked why is the job still online in many locations including there website so I know there full of poooo the reason I did not get the job is because of my age period. I will further investigate this as discrimination.

Customer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was pretty quick, which was nice. Want to say 3 weeks total and could have been quicker if I scheduled interviews sooner. I applied online and was sent an assessment to complete. It's pretty easy and just assesses your ability to multi-task, type, and behavior in the type of software they utilize.

Within a few days I was contacted for a phone interview. There interview process is very structured. You can choose from available time slots. They email you a very useful information sheet that goes over company values, specific information about the role, and salary and schedule info. They also link some videos for you to watch about the role and company. It was pretty scripted as they are pretty much typing everything you say, but the woman I interviewed with was nice and we had some decent conversation which is always a plus. It lasted about an hour. She let me know on phone that I would have a face to face interview and gave me tips on how to prepare.

Within a week after the phone screen I had my face to face. Surprisingly it was only with a single recruiter and not with an actual call center supervisor which I found to be very odd. She asked the same questions that they asked in the phone screen. It felt very rigid and structured. Basically sat me in this small room- think a doctors office and the chair you can sit in instead of hopping up on the table. She sat across from me on the computer and asked scripted questions and she recorded responses word for word it seemed like. It felt more like giving a statement to an investigator or like I mentioned earlier, talking to a doctor about my symptoms vs an actual interview. Did not seem quite natural. I understand this makes it efficient for them and probably helps candidates not get lost in the shuffle as well, but the typing and lack of eye contact is weird. But the interview went through my resume and had a behavioral question or two and some role play. The role play can seem odd, but the key is to ask questions to assess the customers need. The interview was somehow shorter than my phone interview, which I took as a bad sign. And sure enough the next day was presented with a denial email. I was surprised given my qualifications and how well I usually interview, but I am pleased with how quick the process was overall and with the structure.

Field Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

They have a great veteran pre-screen interview. They helped me better articulate my answers. They helped me with different techniques to explain my experience. They also offered interview prep if they decide to continue with me.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon (Providence, RI) in February 2017.

Interview

Very impressed with the hiring process. The assessment test is an hour and a half and was what impressed me the most because they covered a great amount of what's it like to work at a call center and your job responsibilities. Having over 10 years working for a call center, I could relate with most questions! Very professional, with the 1st phone interview. Then if you pass, your emailed to complete the assessment test. If you pass the assessment test, you proceed to the face to face interview. If you qualify, you get a phone call with the job offer. This process took maybe 2 weeks tops!