Verizon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,616 Interview Reviews

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Tulsa, OK) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Financial Operations internship on 10/27/17, and was contacted two days later to complete an online set of questions, as a "video interview." After that I had a phone interview less then two weeks later, and was subsequently contacted for a Superday at the end of November.

The Superday was short, and consisted of two interviews. The first went fine, however, he pressed me on why I didn't know SQL (despite having other languages on my resume), rather than asking more relevant questions about my financial knowledge. The second interviewer was quite nice, and seemed more professional. We were told we would hear back within two weeks.

I sent a follow-up email, and was told they didn't have information and most likely wouldn't before the holidays. I followed up about a month after the initial email. I was surprised to see that the email wasn't in service. So, I followed up with the initial HR person I had been contacted by, and was told I'd receive info within 1-2 weeks. A day later I received one of the most generic rejection emails I have ever seen.

Overall, the experience was okay. However, I'm still a little frustrated with what happened after my interviews. I don't know what happened behind the scenes, nor what happened to the person I had been in contact with.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral. In-line with relating future job duties with past work/school/group skills and responsibilities.   Answer Question

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verizon (Macon, GA).

Interview

Applied and was sent a assessment via email, couple days later i was sent a email with a product of the month and the Verizon wireless credo, (its important to memorize it) And then another email to set up a phone interview, phone interview was about a hour. she told me that i'd made it to the next step in the hiring process.

1 hour later the GM called to set up a in-store interview the following Monday , with the GM and the Solutions manager. I was asked to sale 2 products to the SM, shortly after that met with the GM for the actual interview, lasted a hour, now currently waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• whats an everyday app you use on a daily basics and why?   1 Answer

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY).

Interview

Wasted my time. Very unprofessional.

I applied online via Verizon's career portal for a Production Manager position on Verizon's Open Innovation Team. I received an email about a week later asking to schedule a phone interview with one of their team members. We scheduled my phone interview, and I had about a thirty minute phone conversation a few days later with one of their team members. My phone interview went fine, we talked about the role and how I'd be a great fit.

A few days later, I was asked to come in for an in-person meeting to meet with one of their colleagues who wanted to dive a little deeper into some of my work. Well, that never happened. When I arrived for my interview, I was greeted by the guy who I had my phone interview with, but he informed me that the person who wanted to meet with me couldn't come into the office. No one communicated this to me, or tried to reschedule my interview. Instead, they had me show up for an interview that no one was else was prepared to have with me to further discuss the position and my experience. It was a complete waste of my time. Upon telling me that this person didn't come into the office today, they said they would find another team member to sit with me, so they end up bringing in someone from the Product Development side who had no idea why I was there or the position I was interviewing for. This person never even looked at my resume. We had a brief, awkward conversation and then my interview wrapped up, and I walked myself out. I left the botched interview without learning anything about the position or what I'd be doing. Extremely unprofessional.

I sent a follow up email about a week later to check on the status of the position and asked to re-schedule another time to come back in and meet with their colleague that was interested in meeting with me initially. I received a response informing me that my previous work experience wasn't what they were looking for. Makes absolutely no sense.

Also, the Open Innovation Team's office is a dump. It's in a good location near Chelsea, but it's part of a co-working/shared workspace that felt like a concrete warehouse.

Interview Questions

• Nothing about my previous work experience since the person I came in to meet with wasn't there, and no else was prepared to interview me.   Answer Question

Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

It was bad, barely asked me anything and spent nothing but the following 15 minutes gloating on how commission is the only mindset to have. Customer service was brushed off as unimportant.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ).

Interview

Video montage that was very easy. You record each question at your own pace so you can prep in between each question. It wold have been kind of hard otherwise. They also have a "notepad" so you can use it while you talk.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with the latest software?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

The process started with a phone screen but with an outside company. A week later, I was called for an in person interview in their Basking Ridge office. Two interviews and a group activity.

Interview Questions

• Know resume and answer behavioral questions from resume   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon in October 2017.

Interview

Video interviews asking you to record responses to some standard questions and then an in-person interview that was mostly behavioral. The video interview is kind of weird because you are speaking into your webcam and not speaking directly with a real person. For the in-person interview, only asked one question that was somewhat technical.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Verizon?   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Newark, NJ).

Interview

I first took a technical test. Once I passed that, I had to get a physical and drug screening test. Once I passed that, I got called in for the interview. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in all types of weather and doing shift work and overtime.   Answer Question

Entry Level Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Lake Mary, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through the Verizon Careers site. Within a day HR emailed me with a link to conduct a video interview. After completing the video interview, I was invited to a Super Day with consisted of three 30-minute interviews and a site tour.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Verizon?   Answer Question
    • How does this opportunity fit in with your overall career goals?   Answer Question
    • What interests you in the Finance opportunity and why are you a fit for this role?   Answer Question
    • Describe your relevant past experiences.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work on a team to achieve a work objective and ran into obstacles. What was your role and how did you ensure the objective was met?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Basic Behavioral questions and typical interview questions. Interviewer was super nice and very thoughtful. If selected from initial phone screening, next step is a super day event at the finance operations center.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project in which you were the leader?
      Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question