Verizon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,503 Interview Reviews

2.8

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks. The lady was friendly and I talked to her on the phone. You have to learn about a certain product and they will ask you questions and about the main selling points of the product.

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Syracuse, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Typical Situational based questions, where you had to put yourself into a situation and explain in detail how you handled the situation, including the outcome. They also do a tour as part of their interview. I had a two person panel, consisting of one of the Center Managers and one of the Technical Supervisors.

Interview Questions

• You have a customer who called in, upset about their dispatching being cancelled because of severe weather in the area   1 Answer

Open Innovation Opportunity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

After I sent out my resume, I received an invitation for a video interview to answer five behavioral questions. After that, I was contacted by HR to confirm some personal information related to my education and visa status.

Two months later, I received a rejection letter.

The overall experience was smooth.

Open Product Innovation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Process took 1+ month
    Applied online. Later got an email from HR asking to give montage video interview . Video Interview consisted of 5 questions.
    1 - Introduction(Tell me about yourself)
    2- Why should we hire you?
    3- What was a technical challenge that you had to overcome, and what were the steps you took to resolve the challenge and move forward?
    4- Tell me about a time when you had conflict in a group and how do you handle it?
    5- What does Innovation mean to you? Please provide an example of a project you worked on that displayed Innovative thinking

Answers can be recorded unlimited number of times and there is no time limit.

Tip: make sure to smile and look into the camera while giving the video interview

Reason for rejection: They found someone better qualified and experienced

Call Center Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Applying online was an easy process. My application was viewed quickly and I was instructed to complete an hour and a half assessment. This was followed by a phone interview that was scheduled and was very professional. I was scheduled an in person interview at a corporate location. The actual interview touted the three month training program and company benefits for a lengthy time period. This was unnecessary. I was promised correspondence within a week and never heard back since. It felt like they hired someone previously and dismissed me without a chance.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The initial interview process was mostly based on a set of questions that ask one to tell about how he or she solved issues when faced with technical and people challenges.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to...? How did you address the situation, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

After the Online Application, after 2 days received an email for Video Interview. The video interview is 5 behavioral questions. You have to record the video answers and submit. Following this it is HR phone call then technical call and the last round is onsite face to face, which covers HR but also technical.

Interview Questions

• Basically it has behavioural questions in the video interview, like why you want to work with us, what are your goals etc.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

1st round was a video interview, 6 questions in 45 minutes - personality based questions,re-recording allowed.Then two days later I got a 5 minute phone call for screening, declined by email after that.

Interview Questions

• Why Verizon, explain a scenario where you had to work in a team   1 Answer

Customer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was pretty quick, which was nice. Want to say 3 weeks total and could have been quicker if I scheduled interviews sooner. I applied online and was sent an assessment to complete. It's pretty easy and just assesses your ability to multi-task, type, and behavior in the type of software they utilize.

Within a few days I was contacted for a phone interview. There interview process is very structured. You can choose from available time slots. They email you a very useful information sheet that goes over company values, specific information about the role, and salary and schedule info. They also link some videos for you to watch about the role and company. It was pretty scripted as they are pretty much typing everything you say, but the woman I interviewed with was nice and we had some decent conversation which is always a plus. It lasted about an hour. She let me know on phone that I would have a face to face interview and gave me tips on how to prepare.

Within a week after the phone screen I had my face to face. Surprisingly it was only with a single recruiter and not with an actual call center supervisor which I found to be very odd. She asked the same questions that they asked in the phone screen. It felt very rigid and structured. Basically sat me in this small room- think a doctors office and the chair you can sit in instead of hopping up on the table. She sat across from me on the computer and asked scripted questions and she recorded responses word for word it seemed like. It felt more like giving a statement to an investigator or like I mentioned earlier, talking to a doctor about my symptoms vs an actual interview. Did not seem quite natural. I understand this makes it efficient for them and probably helps candidates not get lost in the shuffle as well, but the typing and lack of eye contact is weird. But the interview went through my resume and had a behavioral question or two and some role play. The role play can seem odd, but the key is to ask questions to assess the customers need. The interview was somehow shorter than my phone interview, which I took as a bad sign. And sure enough the next day was presented with a denial email. I was surprised given my qualifications and how well I usually interview, but I am pleased with how quick the process was overall and with the structure.

FLDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

I gave a Verizon employee my resume at a career fair. A week later I was contacted by Verizons' outsourced headhunter who then scheduled a phone interview with me. The interview only took about 15 minutes and was pretty basic. A couple days later I received an email from Verizon saying that I was invited to Basking Ridge, NJ for another interview. We will see how this goes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none