Verizon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017
1,484 Interview Reviews

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Behavioral STAR questions are used for interviews. Here's a refresher:Situation/Task, Actions and Results. Depending on the hiring manager you also have skill assessment and presentations that you need to deliver.

Interview Questions

• As managers, we are concerned about people whose performance is less than satisfactory. Tell me about a time when you gain commitment from a peer member report to improve that person's performance.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I first applied to the online application on verizon.com. Then I got an email saying I received a video interview. This consisted of answering a series of questions while recording yourself and submitting the video.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Star based questions, one spreadsheet analysis and one hour interview. It was a panel interview with 2 people. They were nice and cordial. Have now heard anything after the references were asked for.

Interview Questions

• If you work with a coworker and then become their manager and they do not work well under you, what would you do?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Verizon in January 2017.

Interview

Had several phone interviews for several data scientist position during the last 12+ months. For some reason Verizon keeps posting Data Scientist jobs that are either fake or they have no intention of filling. The position in Basking Ridge, for example, has been open for over 18+ months!

Based on all the real interview reviews, not the fake ones created by Verizon, it seems in general that they are spending way too much time interviewing and not actually hiring anyone. My advice to the CEO and HR is that Verizon managers have way too much free time to interview so many people without making any offers. My advice to job seekers is not to waste time with the clowns. If there are actually real jobs they certainly have no sense of urgency in filling them

Interview Questions

• Odd statistical questions that had no relevance to the position I applied for.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was reached out to by email and phone call for a phone interview by the recruiter. The recruiter was extremely nice and the interview was easy. The phone interview took 20 minutes, and the questions were easy questions. For example, "Tell me about your summer intern last year?", "What projects did you do?", etc.

Interview Questions

• about a project you worked on and how can that help the department   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview - good discussion but it was a PURE HUNTER role and I was looking for a management role since that is where I was when Verizon reorged me out of a job due to the 2016 IBEW/CWA strike.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work there   1 Answer

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Once you apply and all required online documents, if you match, a recruiter will send you an email to set up a phone interview. You will also get a job description and a link to Verizon's credo video. Take notes about the video and how it impacted you. (This is important as you will be asked about it and how did it affect you.)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had the most difficult customer situation and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Charleston, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

I had to take a pre interview exam, I had a 20 minute phone interview, I had an hour long meeting with the GM of the store. They mostly wanted to know about sales experience, tech experience, if you can deal with customers who don't want to be there.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with technology.   1 Answer

Product and Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through the Verizon website. Got an invitation for the video interview. Completed the interview and received a call informing me that I cleared the round and will have a face-to-face interview in the NJ office sometime around mid Feb. Waiting for the date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Verizon?   Answer Question
    • What are your short-term and long-term goals?   Answer Question
    • What does innovation mean to you and how have to applied that in your projects?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation where you had to finalize an idea out of many   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon in January 2017.

Interview

Online interview with behavioral questions. You have 48 hours to submit it once you start and you can record yourself as many times as you want for each question. Currently still waiting for response for 2nd round of interviews.