Verizon Interview Questions in Irving, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 4, 2017

2.7

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

They gave me a link for a video montage. Then when accepted, I went to on-site interview and received offer. The on-site one is not really technical, but rather behavioral. They also gave a representation on big data.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I chose Verizon   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process included 2 steps. The first step I had to record myself answering six questions. You will have several attempts to re-record yourself if you wish to. After about a week, I was invited to their Super Day which consists of a group activity, a tour around the campus, and a final interview lasting around 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Asked about projects mentioned on my resume   1 Answer

IT Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The manager contacted me and told me about the online round.It was a Behavioural Round consisting of 5/6 simple questions. After the interview, she told me that she will pass the details to a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Mostly based on Resume Discussion where they wanted to know more about Technical Background.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an invitation to complete a Montage video interview where I was asked to record myself as I answered for each of the five questions given. This was done in September. Then, in late October, I was invited for a Super Day hiring event in November at their Irving campus and flew me out from Austin. I had the morning session. We were given a brief introductory presentation about Verizon by a VP and then we were sent to individual interview sessions with two senior engineers. Came back and completed group activities and were given a tour of the campus by recent graduates. They sent out an update after Thanksgiving saying that they are working hard to find an appropriate position, but sadly, no response since then.

Interview Questions

• What are some new ground-breaking technologies that can profoundly change the world?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

First a Talent acquisition directed me to take a test at Hackerrank.com which I passed with flying colors. Then there was a phone screening interview. All the interviewers were from Indian with a thick Indian accent which I had a hard time understanding. After that they invited me to an on site interview. there were 4 parts. Each one was 45 minutes of relentless technical interviews. No behavioral questions which is very strange for a big company like Verizon.

Interview Questions

• all the questions were about C++ and STL .
      • From the start I felt that the interviewers were trying hard to fail me.
      • I have never seen an interview that is 100% technical and 0% behavioral.
      • Four hours of relentless technical questions until I can’t answer anymore.
      • No meeting with managers or supervisors which was very odd.
      • All interviewers were from Indian background.
      1 Answer

Entry Lever IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX).

Interview

Applied online for entry level IT positions. Contacted by recruiter to take a video montage. Video montage consists of 5 questions and you get to see the question and prepare before recording. Then was invited to Irving, Texas for a Super Day interview along with 23 others. Interview lasted 45 minutes with 2 managers. They were very friendly and it was more of a conversation than a interview (mostly behavioral). They weren't the hiring managers and didn't know anything about my application process. They just interviewed to make sure I have a good personality and would be a good fit for the company, and if I passed they'd recommend me to the hiring managers of any of the positions open across the country.

Interview Questions

• Explain your previous work experience?
      Your interest in what IT positions you want?
      Least favorite IT aspect?
      Rdbms you've used in the past?
      Explain your experience with data warehouse?
      Conflict in workplace? and how you resolved it?
      Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Invited by recruiter to attend a super-day with other candidates at their Irving, Tx office. We received a tour and watched several presentations throughout the day along with an interview with several IT managers. The questions were all behavioral, and there were no technical questions. The process took 2 months from the time the recruiter contacted me.

Interview Questions

• When did you encounter a problem while working on a team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then got an email from recruiter to do a montage interview. After was contacted to go to Verizon Super Day to interview at Irving, Texas, which was just a behavioral interview and touring the area.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview lasted for 20 - 30 mins. Pre scripted interview. Close to 20 -30 interns were interviewed on the same day. They had a walkthrough of their facility and various departments for the rest of the day.

Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX).

Interview

The interview process started off fine. I was contacted a few days after applying to the position. Video interview answering a few basic behavioral questions. I was called in to interview at the Irving, Texas location for a super day along with about 25 other people. Everything was fine until the interview came around. The interviewers seemed like they had no idea what they were doing, why they were there, or what questions to ask. One of the interviewers was very rude, and the other kept checking his phone while I would answer his questions. Other's had similar experiences. One person said their interviewer was falling asleep as they answered the questions. Disappointed after that and really soured the whole experience.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of projects have you worked on in the past?   Answer Question