Verizon Network Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Network Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

2.4

Network Engineer Interview

Interview

Various offerings: Phone interview and/or face to face. Standarized Process

Negotiation

They made an offer and I accepted. It was fair

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon in July 2011.

Interview

My previous position had been eliminated and I was offered a job with my current group.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was allowed to keep my current salary despite being higher than all the other engineers

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

How do you influence routes using BGP, EIGRP, OSPF

Interview Questions

• How does a PC know how to send a packet to its default gateway?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ).

Interview

There was a phone interview after submitting the application than two 30 minutes interviews one with HR person and other was a 2:1 technical interview. Do not feel uncomfortable, the interviewers were really friendly and polite.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online at verizon.com/jobs/campus. Received an email from recruiter and scheduled a phone interview. Discussed college education, short/long term goals, and some work experience on resume.
    Then, they flew me out to Dallas (which was awesome) for two more interviews, put in me in a hotel for the night, and flew me back the next morning.
    One interview was a second behavioral interview, the other was more technical. For the technical interview, my interviewer explicitly stated he was going off-script, so YMMV.
    No trick questions or coding tests.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when things didn't go according to plan. How did you react/what did you do and what was the outcome?
      Discuss a time when you stepped into a leadership role.
      Talk about your experience with coding languages and projects you've worked on.   Answer Question

Had a better offer with a different company.

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Richardson, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through their website and received an email from the HR department and scheduled a phone interview. Then I received another email in the following week for an invitation to their Super Day Interview that lasts for 5-6hours. In the Super Day Interview, they introduced themselves, gave us a tour, and did a 2 on 1 technical interview and a behavioral HR interview. The technical interview was more of fitting you into a culture or interest of a project. There was about 30 candidates per SuperDay Interview, It was kind of fun to talk to other interviewees.

Interview Questions

• What do you see in Verizon's technology, 3 years from now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got called back 11 days after the Super Day interview. They gave me an offer and benefits/eligibility as an intern. They also gave me a month to accept the offer.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Was contacted after attending a job fair at my college about a phone interview. Phone interview was straight forward, they went through my resume and asked simple behavioral questions. After my phone interview, had an interview at their office. First met with an HR rep who went through my resume once more and then asked me questions regarding my previous work experience, current classes I am taking and basic behavioral Questions. After that I interviewed with two engineers that worked there, they asked me around 5 behavioral questions and then 2 on where I see technology going in the future. Found out that I got the internship in 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• When working with a group, tell us a time when you experienced a problem and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I had 3 interviews for the same position. The hiring process is somewhat lenghty. The first two interview were done by HR specialists who ask you general question about how you would react in different situation. The third interview was done by the engineering team and ask more questions related to the jobs itself. Such as experience and reasons for chosing the field.

Interview Questions

• One the questions I was asked was what I like least about my field. This very hard to answer because you don't want to let them know you might not enjoy an aspect of the job that you are applying for.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Behavioral and questions regarding working in a team,Behavioral and questions regarding working in a team,Behavioral and questions regarding working in a team,Behavioral and questions regarding working in a team,Behavioral and questions regarding working in a team

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

First Interview was them just looking at the resume online. I received an Email later about a second interview and they asked 5 questions. You had to submit a video response for each question and dress up professionally.

Interview Questions

• The questions they asked were
      What attracted you to Verizon?
      What are your short/long-term goals?
      What is your favorite aspect of Engineering?
      What specific Engineering Skills do you want to exercise and develop in the near future?
      Please provide an example of a successful project you participated on, and why was it successful.   2 Answers

Negotiation

The pay was decent and good enough experience to get on your resume.