Verizon Network Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Network Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.4

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

As usual the first round is a manager round to understand what you do and how it would fit with the requirement. Second round is face to face with the team. This is the technical round where you get grilled for an hour. Third is the normal HR round with 5 star questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon in January 2017.

Interview

Basic behavioural interview, I expected a technical interview, but received none. I've heard that the used to ask technical questions but have been phasing that part of the interview process out. Being a video montage, you have an unlimited amount number of attempts to rerecord yourself, but be sure to dress formally.

Networking Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Applied online and then was asked to complete an online video interview, where they asked behavioral questions, mostly asking questions about yourself and past projects. In the next round they paid for me to fly out to Newark, NJ (around early Nov.) to do some more interviews. The day consisted of doing a group exercise with fellow peers, then a behavioral interview with a HR Representative followed by a more technical interview with an Engineer where they asked questions about past projects on your resume. The interview day process itself was fun but I never got back from them until around May. I was very disappointed and wish they would have notified me a lot sooner since I contacted them multiple times to ask about how my application was going.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when things didn't go according to plan. How did you react/what did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Network Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The online application was farirly straightforward similar to other companies. A couple days later a recruiter asked for an updated resume to send them. After a couple days I was sent a link to montage video interview. I answered the questions and submitted my results. About two weeks later I check the application status and it has been changed to "no longer recruiting".

Network Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted a resume online and was asked to complete an online "on-demand" video interview. The video interview consisted of 5 questions, and you're allowed to re-record your answers as many times as you want. The questions were all standard behavioral ones like why Verizon and why engineering etc. They told me to complete the video interview within 2 days so that they could interview me at the SWE conference the next week if they decided to move forwards with my application. After submitting my interview, I was sent another link to an on-demand video interview for another candidate, which I thought was a bit disorganized. I let the recruiter know so that she could send it to the correct person, and then I never heard from the recruiter again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayaguez, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Mayaguez, PR) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email saying I was moving to the next step. The next step was a video interview. They give you a link where you go and record an introduction and the answers to 5 questions. After that I received another email saying I would get a call to further discuss my qualifications. They just asked if I was willing to relocate and whatever. Then I got scheduled for an interview near my campus and 2 weeks later they called and said they wouldn't give me an offer. The whole process took about a month in my case. I will now list the questions for the one-on-one interview. The questions for the video interview are listed in the questions section.
    What attracted you the most about this opportunity?
    What do you like least about engineering? What are some of the challenges you have overcome?
    What are the knowledge, skills and abilities that you can learn that you can bring to Verizon? Why?
    Name a project that took a long time. How did you go about keeping track of the project?
    Tell me about a time that you worked with someone that wasn't necessarily cooperative. What did you do to try to resolve this?
    Tell me about a team project that you worked on where you ere responsible of making sure that the other group members were doing their share of their work.
    Can you describe your experience in electrical engineering, specifically, a situation where you were challenged to use your electrical engineering skills?

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

I first did an online video montage where you can re-record yourself as many times as you want. About a month later I got a call that said I was invited to the interview super day. At the superset the interview was all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you did something that was above and beyond what everyone else was doing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

Interview

Applied in mid August. After several days, got an invitation to do a video interview where you record yourself answering behavioral questions. You are allowed to re-record yourself as many times you want until you are satisfied. You need to wear a business attire, but it's worth the effort.

Week after completing the video interview, I was invited to do a phone interview. There were no actual "interview" questions but your they asked geographical preferences and your job eligibility (like if you need a visa sponsorship, ect) and if you are interviewing with other companies.

Three weeks after the phone screening, I was invited for a super day at Verizon HQ in New Jersey. They give you a nice tour of the Verizon campus, facilities, and ect. Then, you work with other interviewee to solve a challenge problem; where you and your partner collaborate together to provide a solution to a given challenge. I think this was meant to see if you are able to work in a team-based environment and how you interact with someone you just met and your critical thinking skills.

I went there in the morning, and the company provided me and other 6 interviewees some nice snacks like juice and bagel. Once you get to the interview site, you are put in a room with other interviewees and we had to wait for like 40 minutes for the interview process to start. Everyone were very friendly so we got along each other pretty fast. But if you are shy or anti-social, you might face some challenge.

After doing a challenge problem with your partner, you do a 2 on 1 interview with the two HR managers. The interview questions were very similar to the questions from the video interview. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes.

After the interview, they tell you that you will get results in 2 weeks but I got my offer after 5 weeks.

Also, I interviewed for the Network Engineering Intern position but they offered me an IT Development Intern position, saying that I'm more fit to this position because of my programming experience. It turns out that Network Engineering Intern Position mostly consists of hardware and mechnical engineering, not software. And all interview questions were behavioral so i don't think they needed me to come for another interview for IT position as all intern interviews have no techincal questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Verizon?   1 Answer
    • What are your short term and long term goals?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you faced engineering challenges and how you solved those challenges.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you faced difficulties working in a team and how you solved those difficulties.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about things that we don't know about you.   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

First there is a video HR interview. After about 6 weeks, was emailed by a recruiter about connecting me with a hiring manager based on what office I wanted. After 3 more weeks, there was a final HR interview before getting the offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you had to seek help for a problem you could not solve? When have you struggled in a project? How did you get team members to work with you?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone screen and basic networking questions as per resume details. It was very good. Basically job specific questions and your previous experience details. In depth into recent work experiences. Good technical interview.