Verizon Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

180 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

CSSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Newark, NJ).

Interview

1. Take a 3-4 hour test
    2. Study job information and perform mock test calls, emails, and chatroom cases
    3. Board room style interviews with the location you will be hired for

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer?   1 Answer

Fios Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Plainfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (South Plainfield, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Easy. 2 hiring managers sat me in a room and just asked about my experiences . Company is looking for customer satisfaction . Displaying your knowledge and willingness to commit to a great customer experience will most likely get you through

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult . Especially if you are coming from the same field . Sorry im not much help because i did the same for another company so its just second nature to me   Answer Question

In-House Agency Copyeditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screening with HR, followed by an editing test, and an interview with the hiring manager. Overall pleasant experience. The in-house agency is still brand new and growing, and they're looking to fill spots. The people here seem nice and there seems to be a lot of tight-knit collaboration. I caught many factual errors on the editing test (their live website), which they still have yet updated. Because of this, I am also concerned about their level of work efficiency.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

1 hour project, asked to find some potential risk areas with the data base provided. Use multiple functions in excel to perform test in excel and then put it into PPT for final presentation.
    1 hour interview with senior managers, first explain what I did with the project and the logic and thoughts behind it. Then answered about 5-8 behavior questions.
    1 hour interview with the director, who is the group leader. General discuss about the project, a little bit behavior questions and more specific questions related with my back ground and what I can bring over to the team.

Interview Questions

• What is a time that you have conducted error in your work and how did you fix it>   2 Answers

Open Innovation Opportunity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

After I sent out my resume, I received an invitation for a video interview to answer five behavioral questions. After that, I was contacted by HR to confirm some personal information related to my education and visa status.

Two months later, I received a rejection letter.

The overall experience was smooth.

Open Product Innovation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Process took 1+ month
    Applied online. Later got an email from HR asking to give montage video interview . Video Interview consisted of 5 questions.
    1 - Introduction(Tell me about yourself)
    2- Why should we hire you?
    3- What was a technical challenge that you had to overcome, and what were the steps you took to resolve the challenge and move forward?
    4- Tell me about a time when you had conflict in a group and how do you handle it?
    5- What does Innovation mean to you? Please provide an example of a project you worked on that displayed Innovative thinking

Answers can be recorded unlimited number of times and there is no time limit.

Tip: make sure to smile and look into the camera while giving the video interview

Reason for rejection: They found someone better qualified and experienced

FLDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

I gave a Verizon employee my resume at a career fair. A week later I was contacted by Verizons' outsourced headhunter who then scheduled a phone interview with me. The interview only took about 15 minutes and was pretty basic. A couple days later I received an email from Verizon saying that I was invited to Basking Ridge, NJ for another interview. We will see how this goes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Customer Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Garden City, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted for the job online then I received a email to take the assessment test which I passed there were four total test which I all passed. Then the recruiter called me and asked many questions she then said can you gone onsite to have a 1.1 interview the next which I did. I arrived onsite a hour early and waited in the lobby with no chairs and the security guard didn't even call the person I was supposed to meet so I asked him a few times how will he know I am here he just said he will be here. So the interviewer came and took me to a conference room and then his manager came in also they were very nice and polite. They started with a scenario and role play then technical questions and why and will questions. I blew them away with the knowledge I have as I have been in the customer service industry for 35 years and I am 56 years old. So being that I figured Verizon follows all guide lines regarding discrimination as on the wall in the lobby they say they don't age discriminate BS they do as I received a email two days later saying the job was filled. Ok I asked why is the job still online in many locations including there website so I know there full of poooo the reason I did not get the job is because of my age period. I will further investigate this as discrimination.

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

On Line application after which the company responded by e-mail asking me to choose an interview time and date. I did, and they sent a confirming e-mail for that time. Also received a phone call for a different time, and when I called them there was no return call. Eventually received another confirmation e-mail with the second time from the phone call. Interview was a cattle call, 15 minutes, three questions and out

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do when you leave here?   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Very structured and scripted interview done by 2 people.
    They take turns asking you questions and they both write down your answers and grade them. Answer all questions thoroughly so that you get as high a score as possible.