Verizon Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Project Manager Interview Questions

2.9

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Ashburn, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was managed by a subcontractor. After three phone screenings I was called in for a face to face interview. I was onsite two hours and met with three Verizon employees. I started with a long time employee that was looking for help getting the work done. The second was very technical and asked very technical questions. The third was a VP who was interested in documentation and process.

Interview Questions

• Two of the three asked what would my APPROACH to problem solving.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon (Tulsa, OK) in June 2016.

Interview

Brief interview that covered the general responsibilities of the job and the scope of what the position would entail. Two person interview process. The first person gave the overview of the job, while the second person came in more for Personality Investigation (whether there was a fit with the company).

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you overcame a challenge.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Pre-existing questions which do not always pertain to the job. The bulk of the interview is staged and you only get to really talk about the job at the very end.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you encountered, and how di you resove it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon in May 2014.

Interview

There was one face to face interview. Questions asked were either situational or behavioral. I was told immediately of next steps and was I was pleased those steps were followed exactly.. I did not receive a job offer but I don't feel that I was as prepared as I should have been. It was my first interview in years and I was more nervous and clueless than I realized going in. Lesson learned: research different types of situational questions and come up with a few examples. The same example kept popping up in my head and I use it too much.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach learning a new area/subject? Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume. How do you motivate others? Tell me about a time you worked on multiple assignments or a project with changing responsibilities.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

At the time I interviewed, Hughes Telematics was being acquired by Verizon. I met with several key managers from different areas of the company. After some confusion of "who" was suppose to be on the interview agenda as I sat in a conference room waiting for someone to come in, the HR recruiter came in and made small talk. One manager could not make it so I was asked to come back to meet with him and 2 additional managers that same week. Everyone I met with was very nice and no one asked trick questions just to see how I would respond. However, I feel the top manager (VP) liked my background and was determined to make a job offer that week. I feel this affected how the other managers conducted the interview. When I went back to meet with the other managers, the VP came in and made me the offer on the spot. He also wanted me to start the next week but I could not do that. I felt uneasy about the overall speed of the interview process but accepted the job anyway.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were willing to meet my salary expectations (within reason) with no qualms. I would think this has changed now that they are part of Verizon.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

The interview is a structured interview ,usually with 3 people ,two of them ask questions for half the interview and then change up. You definitely need Par stories for this type of interview

Interview Questions

• Be honest don't lie or embellish but make sure you know what they are looking for so when they ask you what you can do for them you have an answer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Ashburn, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

Easy. Four interviews (three on phone and one in person). Phone interviews covered general questions., No curve ball question. The only thing that irked me was that they do not have any on-boarding process.. took me 3 days to get ID. Manager had to come every morning to get me through security gate.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember exact question... it was on Agile methodology.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation really.. my company mentioned the rate and I just accepted it (hey! I needed a job)

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Panel, technical and behavioral questions. There are lot of technical questions and you have to give practical example from past experience. The panel makes it easier by making you feel comfortable during the interview

Interview Questions

• Describe any conflict you had with your previous manager   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Wilmington, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

1 interview with hiring manager. It was a great conversation without all the standard phone interview questions. We knew I was a good fit by the end of our conversation. I appreciated the fresh/normal approach.

Negotiation

Very little wiggle room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and then follow up with face to face. Kind of impersonal but I worked it through. I really think they wanted to know more about how I would fit into the group as opposed to my qualifications which pleased me because I think you can teach almost anything except how to be a team player and get along with others.

Interview Questions

• Why Verizon
      How comfortable are you with public speaking
      Do you have long terms plan regarding technology
      What is your leadership style   1 Answer