Verizon Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.8

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purcellville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Purcellville, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process seemed normal, but the hiring process was terrible, very unorganized and their system was down every time that I went to do paperwork. The manager was very unprofessional and would call me multiple times at a time even while I was at work without giving me time to respond. He also told me to come in on multiple occasions to finish paperwork and every time I went, we were unable to even get started.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years in the future?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon in March 2017.

Interview

It was very difficult to hear the recruiter on the phone. The recruiter could not speak louder, so just try your best to listen what they are saying. The recruiter will send your some product note a day before, and they will ask you to sell them the product during the phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks. The lady was friendly and I talked to her on the phone. You have to learn about a certain product and they will ask you questions and about the main selling points of the product.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online for Verizon in October 2016. I was working as a relationship manager at my current job at the time and had recently left AT&T after 4 years. So I was confident that I was highly qualified for the job.

I recieved an email for a phone interview along with a few pages talking about current accessory promotions verizon was offering. I confirmed my interview.
    The day of my phone interview, the recruiter was 10 minutes late to call me. I felt that was very unprofessional especially because when she finally called, she did not apologize.
    This specific recruiter was very monotone and not inviting what so ever. Not once did she ask how I was doing and when I asked how her day was, her reply was "good....." and just stayed silent for a minute.
    I was not asked to sell a product to the recruiter the way the email said I would. Every answer I gave the recruiter was followed by a "ok....?" Response.
    I never heard back after that interview.
    I really wanted to work for Verizon in hopes of being able to expand my career in mobile sales, but with recruiters like that... I am not sure how good of a company verizon really is.
    I am very disappointed that someone can be so unprofessional and unwelcoming.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview, they ask you about an accessory,( it's about your sales approach not so much about product knowledge) then a face to face, I did 3 , 3rd time a charm

Interview Questions

• What about the credo stands out to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl City, HI

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Pearl City, HI) in September 2016.

Interview

Was very nice and straight up. But never gave me a call back. Said was gonna take 2 weeks but never got a call after the interview. Wish they would at least call the person to say yes you got the job or no you didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

When you first apply, you must do so online and take a personality quiz and answer what you would do in certain scenarios. They're looking for consistency in your answers. They will keep asking the same thing over and over again in slightly different ways. You must find a good balance of honesty and consistency. After that, you will be contacted to set up a phone interview via email if you pass that portion. I did a phone interview for 45 minutes with a corporate representative from Verizon. This was not the basic let's make sure this person has social skills and is energetic and well-spoken, so be prepared! One of the phone interview question that she asked me can be found below. After that, she told me that she would arrange an in-store interview. When I came in, I was greeted by some 8-10 store managers. It was a panel interview. They took turns asking questions. After that, they take you out on the floor and ask that you do a demonstration on one of their products. Seriously, be prepared! Do research on the company and their credo! Find out what they're doing in the community. If anyone sends you information to study, make sure you know it very well.

Interview Questions

• Name one occasion when you had to multi-task many things at once with a deadline while also dealing with customers. What did you do to meet your goals and your customer's needs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Tempe, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a e mail from HR two weeks later. The phone interview was very easy, they just asked basic questions. "Why do you want to work for Verizon ect." After the phone interview I got a call a couple hours later from the general manager to schedule an in person interview the next day. The interview took about 30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muskegon, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon (Muskegon, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

50 min phone interview
    2 manager in person interview (1hr+)
    Felt comfortable through the entire process.
    If asked how much you want to make do not give an actual number, tell them you want to be in the top 5%-10% etc

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Had the phone interview and it went well, was told during the call that I would move onto the next round. During that round I was interviewed by a couple store managers, due to many locations hiring. It went extremely well and I haven't heard anything in a month and half. I've called my recruiter and she has told me if they didn't want me they would have sent an email by now saying thanks but no thanks. So still waiting it out. Hoping it's worth it, would love to work for such a great company.