Verizon Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.8

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I had a positive experience interviewing for Verizon. This was only my third time going through an interview process and so I was very nervous. My phone interview went really well. It lasted about an hour and she had asked me questions to get a better idea of my personality/working background. At one point they do ask you to show them how you might sell a product. If you have a background in sales then you will do fine. If they have any pointers then they will offer them. That is free useful information that one could apply later! I was most pleased with my in person interview. Arriving early allowed me to interact with employees and observe how they interacted with customers. I interviewed with 2 managers and they couldn’t have been nicer. Being nice and professional really allowed me to put my nerves aside and perform my best. They asked a few star questions and asked about the experience on my resume. They really dived in and took the time to get to know my past experience in detail. They also answered all of my questions and gave me some information about their experience working for the company. Actually, one manager reminded me of my friend in appearance and facial expressions. I had imagined him being around my age but he had stated that he has been working for Verizon for over 15 years! By the end I was left feeling enthusiastic. I am currently waiting for them to make a final decision.

Interview Questions

• What kind of apps do you use on your phone?   Answer Question
  • Describe an instance when you had gone above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purcellville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Purcellville, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process seemed normal, but the hiring process was terrible, very unorganized and their system was down every time that I went to do paperwork. The manager was very unprofessional and would call me multiple times at a time even while I was at work without giving me time to respond. He also told me to come in on multiple occasions to finish paperwork and every time I went, we were unable to even get started.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years in the future?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview, they ask you about an accessory,( it's about your sales approach not so much about product knowledge) then a face to face, I did 3 , 3rd time a charm

Interview Questions

• What about the credo stands out to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Asheville, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was very lengthy. The questions were very specific to sales and they did a panel interview so you were being asked by multiple people at all times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online for Verizon in October 2016. I was working as a relationship manager at my current job at the time and had recently left AT&T after 4 years. So I was confident that I was highly qualified for the job.

I recieved an email for a phone interview along with a few pages talking about current accessory promotions verizon was offering. I confirmed my interview.
    The day of my phone interview, the recruiter was 10 minutes late to call me. I felt that was very unprofessional especially because when she finally called, she did not apologize.
    This specific recruiter was very monotone and not inviting what so ever. Not once did she ask how I was doing and when I asked how her day was, her reply was "good....." and just stayed silent for a minute.
    I was not asked to sell a product to the recruiter the way the email said I would. Every answer I gave the recruiter was followed by a "ok....?" Response.
    I never heard back after that interview.
    I really wanted to work for Verizon in hopes of being able to expand my career in mobile sales, but with recruiters like that... I am not sure how good of a company verizon really is.
    I am very disappointed that someone can be so unprofessional and unwelcoming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks. The lady was friendly and I talked to her on the phone. You have to learn about a certain product and they will ask you questions and about the main selling points of the product.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon in March 2017.

Interview

It was very difficult to hear the recruiter on the phone. The recruiter could not speak louder, so just try your best to listen what they are saying. The recruiter will send your some product note a day before, and they will ask you to sell them the product during the phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl City, HI

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Pearl City, HI) in September 2016.

Interview

Was very nice and straight up. But never gave me a call back. Said was gonna take 2 weeks but never got a call after the interview. Wish they would at least call the person to say yes you got the job or no you didn't get the job.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon in May 2013.

Interview

Handed in my resume in person and applied online. Had an easy phone interview and I then went in for an in person interview with 2 managers. I had to do a role play where I was to sell one of the managers a tablet. One manager was very condescending and made me feel like I was too nice to handle the job.

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Fayetteville, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Process was long. Was contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone interview about two weeks later. I was scheduled a =n in person interview the following week. The interview itself was very easy and it as a panel interview. It was with a district manager and two other manager s at other stores in the district. They asked about myself and asked a bunch of star format questions. After those questions, they brought me to the front f the store and asked me to sell them a phone. They are not looking to sell the features of the phone but they want you to discover more information about them so you can make a recommendation based off of the questions they ask you. If you ask about kids , ask their names and ages and make a recommendation from there. Be engaging. The interview went very well and I was hired on the spot!