Verizon Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

2.9

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Filled out the application online. Next step was a phone interview. Following the phone interview was an interview at the sales location with the store manager. Questions were basic background questions and situational/behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Richland, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

The phone interview process was relatively simple. They asked a few questions about yourself, and why you'd want to work for verizon. And then they have you role play in a situation where your are the sales rep and the interviewer is a customer. You have to sell them a product that they are featuring for that month.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a company like Verizon   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purcellville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Purcellville, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process seemed normal, but the hiring process was terrible, very unorganized and their system was down every time that I went to do paperwork. The manager was very unprofessional and would call me multiple times at a time even while I was at work without giving me time to respond. He also told me to come in on multiple occasions to finish paperwork and every time I went, we were unable to even get started.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years in the future?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Was a disappointing experience. I met in person for a face to face interview which went really well. I explained my work experience, post secondary education, and eagerness to get into tech sales. Manager seemed extremely interested to hire me and an offer was extended about a week later

The conflict came during the background check. On the web-based application I had indicated an associates degree (I have 63 hours of college credit and am scheduled to graduate at the end of the semester). The web-based application only gave the option of a 1) high school education, 2) associates degree, 3) bachelors degree, and so on. Many applications include a "some college" option. This did not. I clicked associates degree because I didn't want to deprive myself of the 63 hours I'd worked for. I clearly indicated on my resume that I was currently pursuing my associates and emphasized to the manager I interviewed with that I was still in school and would be receiving my degree in a couple of months. He'd said the fact I hadn't been awarded my degree yet was irrelevant due to my 6 years of work experience which qualified me for the position anyhow.

Unfortunately, the corporate hiring manager did not have the same mindset as the on-property hiring manager because she essentially accused me of "falsifying" my application. That put a bad taste in my mouth. I went ahead and accepted a different offer with a base pay twice what Verizon was offering.

No thanks Verizon. Please refrain from inadvertently calling someone a liar due to limitations on your wed-based application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Orange, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon (East Orange, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on Indeed.com March 22nd, interviewed on March 29th. Spoke with manager for 10 minutes and it went well. He told me to call him at 3pm to discuss the results and next steps. After leaving a message that wasn't returned and no email returned after following up as well, it's clear management doesn't honor their word or respect anyone they ask to spend time and money to meet them. The disrespect is enough to recommend anyone to avoid the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that would help you be a good sales associate here?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I had a positive experience interviewing for Verizon. This was only my third time going through an interview process and so I was very nervous. My phone interview went really well. It lasted about an hour and she had asked me questions to get a better idea of my personality/working background. At one point they do ask you to show them how you might sell a product. If you have a background in sales then you will do fine. If they have any pointers then they will offer them. That is free useful information that one could apply later! I was most pleased with my in person interview. Arriving early allowed me to interact with employees and observe how they interacted with customers. I interviewed with 2 managers and they couldn’t have been nicer. Being nice and professional really allowed me to put my nerves aside and perform my best. They asked a few star questions and asked about the experience on my resume. They really dived in and took the time to get to know my past experience in detail. They also answered all of my questions and gave me some information about their experience working for the company. Actually, one manager reminded me of my friend in appearance and facial expressions. I had imagined him being around my age but he had stated that he has been working for Verizon for over 15 years! By the end I was left feeling enthusiastic. I am currently waiting for them to make a final decision.

Interview Questions

• What kind of apps do you use on your phone?   Answer Question
    • Describe an instance when you had gone above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houma, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Houma, LA) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview process was pretty good. They ask about your sales experience, what you will do when you are slow, toughest sales story, etc. After you interview with the store manager, you have to do an interview with the regional sales manager and he ask you a few more questions.

Interview Questions

• What will you do when you have down time on the floor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Sacramento, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview to filter and get to an in-person interview.
    At the store, in the office or conference room with 2 manager/assistant manager. There will be similar questions for both interview, just a bit more in-depth at the store level.

Interview Questions

• Be ready for name-a-time type questions, and to answer in the STAR format. have some answers ready...
      name a time you had to deal with an irate customer....   1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

The phone interview was easy going and had your run of the mill interview questions, but the in person one was much tougher. It's all about how confident and positive you are and being perceived as money hungry by whoever is interviewing you. It was intimidating, but if you keep a positive attitude and are able to answer all the questions with confidence, you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Two males interviewed me for about 15-20 minutes to see if I had drive, genuine interest, and sales knowledge and experience dealing with the public. At the time I didn't even own a cell phone but was willing to learn and become one of the best employees

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself when it comes to making things happen that would be profitable for both yourself and your company and how would you align all of this with the overall customer experience?   2 Answers