Verizon Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Sales Consultant Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Hampton, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for Verizon in August 2016. The same day I applied, I received an email informing me that I made it to the next step in the application process which was an online assessment. The assessment took about two hours to complete. Two weeks later, I received a call from a recruiter in Dallas to complete a brief phone interview which took about fifteen minutes. Most of the questions were regarding my duties and responsibilities in my past roles and there were a few behavioral questions. I was advised that I would be contacted in 7-10 days if I made it to the next step in the process. About a week later, the same recruiter contacted me and set me up for an interview at the Verizon campus in Hampton, VA. I was advised to show up 30 minutes early as they would be conducting a tour of the facility. I interviewed with a group of three people. Before the actual interview, we also listened to a prerecorded call and gave personal feedback. I then interviewed with two sales supervisors; it took about an hour for the whole interview. They asked about seven behavioral questions and asked about my past duties and roles. I was then required to assume the role of a sales consultant in a role play with one of the supervisors playing the customer. They gave me a sheet with details on the customer and the services they currently had. Ultimately, they wanted to see that I wasn't afraid to ask for the sale and that I didn't back away after a customer objection. They wrote a ton of notes and barely made eye contact but they advised me that was normal for their interviews. I was advised that it would take about two to four weeks to hear back regarding my interview. Today, a recruiter from New Jersey contacted me following up on my interview. They asked a couple questions regarding my past employment and whether or not I'd able to furnish proof of my educational and employment history with dates. I received a conditional offer of employment pending a background check and drug screen. The process took about two and half months to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• How you think your experience in your past roles will help you in a position at Verizon?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Three separate interviews, with multiple tests. Very stressful and thorough. It educated meon the process a corporate company takes in their hiring procedure.
    That company and its policies set the bar very high and it enabled me to look at companies in a whole different way. Now when I'm in the position of looking at a company for employment, not only does the company interview me. I as well am very thorough with them. Basically, I interview them as well.

Interview Questions

• How would I best respond to an irate customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beckley, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Beckley, WV) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was good, just a bunch of experience questions, they also ask about your personal life, everything has to do with retail, and how you will benefit them.

Interview Questions

• What I gained from prior experience that would help me, in working for Verizon   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

The first part was over the phone. Second part was a structured interview. Third part was a role play. Relax, just be yourself. It's okay if you don't sell the products just try your best. Be friendly. Keep a clear mind. Brush up on some power words to use while speaking to the interviewer. They also watch your body language during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (North Sacramento, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call for an interview 5 days later. Interview was in front of 3 district managers. Very relaxed and fun environment. Don't be nervous just be happy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great Base pay + Commission. Sounds like a winner to me !

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Multiple interviews, including role playing test calls. Initial meeting was just for completing forms and questioners. Second meeting was role playing on the phone with live employees at remote locations posing as customers, and a short one-on-one interview. Results are mailed to you informing you that either you have not been offered a position or telling you when and where to report for "training".

Interview Questions

• Most questions were oriented towards how you would overcome customer's objections, such as "I have a cell phone & don't need a landline"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating. Set corporate/union negotiated salary.

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Lancaster, PA).

Interview

Multiple steps to get hired. First you have to know the correct code before you can do the initial tests. It's helpful if you know someone who works at the company cause the code is only in major newpaper ads. Take a written test as well a data entry test on your skills. Next is a phone interview and finally they schedule you for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Doesn't apply. The position was under contract thru the union.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

met with 2 people went well. discussed my background, my previous employment, school, previous responsibiities and what my goals were. I answered truthfully. It was more like a informal coversatino more than anything else. The first one went better compared to the second. Some behavioral questions, but mainly about background and goals.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verizon (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume. They called me back within a couple of days. Asked if I could come in for interview. Two days later I had the interview. They offered me the position the next day. I started the next week.

Interview Questions

• Do you have prior sales experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Baltimore, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

You start off filling out just a simple employment questionnaire on their website. General questions about your employment history were asked in this step, nothing too detailed. Once your basic credentials were approved, you were emailed an actual application to fill out on their site to submit along with your resume. After that, if your application/resume meets their requirements, you are to fill out another questionnaire that gathers more knowledge about your integrity as a person and your aptitude in general. Once that is completed and accepted, you are then sent to a testing session at a local site, usually a hotel. If you pass the testing, you are set up for an interview, only after you pass a satisfactory drug screening analysis. The interview process is a two step process depending on the time the company has to hire their new employees. If the company is pressed for hiring time, they will only interview you once and if they like you, you will be offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How do you get a customer to trust you when every other representative has said the same thing and you don't know how to fix their problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. They offered a competitive salary and I quickly accepted.