Verizon Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Sales Manager Interview Questions

3.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon (Stamford, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Laid back and felt right at home. I was interviewed by the president himself for this management role and leading up to it I had a 10-15 minute phone interview with the Verizon recruiter and at the end I was told to come in the following week for the face to face. However, I had no clue it would be the president himself, so I took it as a positive thing, no middle man, directly speaking to the source. Lots of laughs, very blunt and straight to the point and expectations, and no sugar coating. After 20-25 minutes it ended with the question "what do you expect your base salary to be not including commission?" I was told I would hear back by Monday from him personally, since I interviewed right before thanksgiving.

Interview Questions

• Name a moment at your previous employer where you faced a real challenge odds heavily stacked against you and what did you do about it? How did you handle it? What was the outcome? When it was all said and done how did you feel?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I answered a questionnaire that asked situational questions immediately after I filing out an application. A few days later I received an email asking when I would like to schedule my phone interview, which wasn't hard at all. They called me a few days later to schedule the in person interview. The interview was conducted by two people who were personable and professional, which made me feel at ease. I recived an email 2 weeks later letting me know I didnt get the job.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a sheet with some employee metrics and asked which employee was the weakest link and why. They also asked what would I do to improve his efficiency.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Very long process, about 4 months. Numerous interviews, first with Regional Sales Manager, then with Director, then with VP, with Engineering Mgr, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

the interview process was very easy. i went on an interview and then i was called on the phone and was offered the job. they asked many questions. such as did i ever steal, or if i ever feel that it is ok to steal. i said no and i got the job in three days. i started in march and still work there today. i have made much in commissions and it has been nice and good.

Interview Questions

• do you smoke crack (this was asked by the way)   2 Answers

Negotiation

i was not able to barter but was hired above the going rate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Sacramento, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

They use a technique called Star Questions. Situation Task Action Result. The problem is they never look up really, they just read mindless questions that really don't identify whether you can do the job or not, just if you can come up with answers that fit their little box. If you prep for star, really you can figure out the answers they are looking for and so i don't think its a very good interview process

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you missed a quota? How did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon in May 2011.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter who set up initial interview. From there you interview with direct boss. Then you can be chosen for panel interviews where you interview with three independent Verizon employees who rate you out of 3 total candidates.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a disagreement with an employee or your boss, how did you handle it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Seattle, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

There is no hiring assessment or testing just a phone screen and an interview with the hiring manager, and potentially a peer interview. There is a drug test and background check for your previous employers, drivers license, ability to bond the new employee, and verification of any college degrees held.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very basic. Nothing difficult or unexpected nor particularly germane to the position. There had been many sales people in a turnstile and several sales managers and sales people were recently hired. Only a couple of people were there more than one year.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate. If you try, they will pull the offer. They will offer you a salary and bonus, or a salary and commission structure. I was told I would be on a 6 month ramp, but after three months was put on quota and the comp plan changed so that everything I had been working on was no longer eligible for commission. The comp plan eligible products were changed frequently making it difficult to sell, close, install and bill customers.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon in April 2010.

Interview

Several educational and skill tests

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon in July 2008.

Interview

Interview process consisted of initial interview with hiring manager. This was followed on a separate day with interviews with two of his peers from a different organizational silo. All of this was followed by an HR phone interview where I was asked questions for a half hour and then presented with an offer.

I thought this was strange. What was the point in wasting our time with a bunch of behavioral interview questions when the hiring decision had already been made?

I had 48 hours from the time of the offer to take a drug test.

This was a managerial position, and at the time of the offer, I had not had an opportunity to meet any of the individuals I would be managing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL) in May 2008.

Interview

They conducted a structured interview which consisted of situational questions where you were asked to explain how you would respond to various business environments/conditions/situations. There was a variety of categories and at the end you were offered the chance to add any additional commentary/details you felt would be helpful in determining your ability to perform the job you interviewed for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy