Verizon Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Warren, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

45 minute phone interview, pretty detailed. Followed by an in person interview a couple days later. Both involved a lot role-playing scenarios on how to push product and get to know the customer.

Interview Questions

• They go over multiple role-playing scenarios about selling products   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

A couple of days after I applied, I reveived an email stating to complete the assessments required for the position. The assessments were easy, yet time consuming. After I passed the test, I was called for a phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes going over my work history and why I choose this position. I was called 10 minutes after my phone interview for a face to face. The face to face was very easy and the hiring people made me feel comfortable. Most questions were.."Name a time when...". Make sure you answer each question in STAR format. Four days later, I was called for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to meet a sale quota and how did you meet it.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to sell more than your competitor with little to no research   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

They did not contact me despite high qualifications other than sales. I filled out a 1 hour survey. The questions were ambiguous so you need to pay good attention.

Interview Questions

• There are very detailed survey questions online about how you handle interactions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

lots of phone calls and one face to face with store manager from another store. He seemed very busy but it went well. store is very face paced.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Contacted directly by an internal recruiter from my resume which was posted online, set up call to discuss position, business unit and process. Had another phone interview a week or so later and scheduled in person meeting with local contacts. In person interview after that with several members of the local team. No reply or response until finally saying they were going another direction.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a difficult situation in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nevada, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Nevada, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about a week and a half later on a Saturday. I was then scheduled for a phone interview that following Monday which lasted about 15 minutes. After I completed a personality assessment and sent some references, two days later I was scheduled for my skype interview which lasted about 30 minutes. I told them I would think about it. I was called by a local rep who went over some of my concerns and then I decided to call and schedule my third interview which is tomorrow morning. Wondering what all I will have to do in this one?

Interview Questions

• What did you not like about your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Pasadena, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied for a retail sales representative position fortunately for myself I got the job. The best part of the interview was when they hired me on thr spot. I even had a choice of which location I wanted to work at.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Several phone interviews, two or three 'in-person' interviews, lengthy (great vetting) process. No formal offer letter, just another step in the process. This part is pretty advanced - computer related. On boarding process continues to improve. 5 years ago, a few days of quick training, today, a full week of introductions, overviews, main systems familiarity, too much info, but at least you know where to go for help. much better today than 5+ years ago.

Interview Questions

• They had asked for a 90-day business plan - how was I going to success.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just another step in the process. actually, anti-climacteric. HR people seem to have this process down.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

They gave two telephone interviews with general questions. It was pretty standard qustions about sales. The recruiter was very nice and seems to want to help people get the job. The recruiter said there would be three interviews up front so you would know what to expect. The offer seemed to come pretty fast as oppose to waiting around for weeks. They gave the decision within two days.

Interview Questions

• Whether you would help a customer with a problem or make a new sale. I am not sure if this twas a trick question or not.   4 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation. HR basically gave salary range and that was it. They did quote a "total" compensation with bonus.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

They were very professional but took forever to respond to my application. There were several interviews before I was finally considered and weeks went by before proper correspondence. The interviews were repetitive but that's par for the course I guess when intense screening is involved.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an experience where you overcame an unexpected obstacle...   Answer Question