Verizon Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very long took them forever to tell me a got the position and when I would start training. 2 people did the interview, one did almost all of the talking while the other wrote notes and never looked up at me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to make adjustments to a policy change, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

The hiring processes was fairly easy. You will meet at a store location typically the one you are interviewing for, after you pass the HR phone interview. Then they will ask you several questions and then go into a live sales pitch.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you can be successful in this current job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

It was quick and painless. I was asked questions about my experience and my knowledge about technology. They also asked about if I was a good seller. And if I could bring people in to spend more then 700 at a time;)

Interview Questions

• What skills do you bring to the team   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

basic phone interview, behavior situational questions, open ended, was made offer within 48 hrs, interview has some role playing also, know some facts about company in general and you will do great

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Applied for the job online. Got a cal over the phone and was asked questions to find out more about me and answer different scenario questions. . Was then refered to the local store and went in for an interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a customer was upset. What did you do to fix the issue.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon in July 2009.

Interview

I submitted an application on the website. Around 1 week later, I was called and emailed by VZW HR about a phone interview. They called me at 8am as promised, and the interview began.

They asked me questions regarding my prior experience, as if they were checking up on my application. They asked about prior sales experience and management experience. They did not just confirm, but asked for in-depth examples of these jobs.

After about 45 mins of questioning, they forwarded me to a store manager for a follow up interview. This interview has not yet begun.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for VZW?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The job offers base + commission.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA) in October 2007.

Interview

they have a 8 page interview guide where they ask you questions to try and see how you respond and what experience you have. it can be difficult or easy depending on what mood the manager is in. They can be picky, so try to be very relaxed and friendly.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to sell something that you didn't know that much about?   Answer Question
    • Name an event or time in your life when you had to make a difficult decision. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

not really a negotiation. they just tell you what you will get paid.

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Folsom, CA) in March 2007.

Interview

Came in as a temp rep with Adecco. Applied through the verizon wireless website. Within 3 days I received a phonecall asking to set up a phone interview. It was a panel phone interview where I had to complete STAR format questions and a sales simulation. The next day I was called in to have a face to face interview with 2 supervisors. 2 days after that I received a call with instructions for the drug test and the background check.

Interview Questions

• At times, important deadlines are just not met and this can cause serious problems. Tell us about a time this happened to you?   Answer Question
    • During your current or previous employment, what things have prevented you from coming to work or being there at your scheduled time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was good enough that I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Vancouver, WA) in March 2010.

Interview

I had two different phone interviews then I was interviewed in person by a panel of four. During the phone interviews I was asked to describe particular situations from my experience in the work force. Questions consisted of: "How did I overcome customer objections?" "What did I do to hit quotas?" "In the past, how did I solve a problem for an angry customer?" When I was being interviewed by the panel, I was asked why I was applying for Verizon, how I was going to keep a positive attitude, what makes me the person for the job?... I was informed that I was not hired as soon as I sent the follow-up email.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to achieve sales quotas and how did you do that?   Answer Question
    • How do you plan on keeping a positive attitude when business slows down?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2009.

Interview

First there was a phone interview, pretty basic questions. Then I was call into there local headquaters for an interview w/ the HR rep. After that they set up a interview w/ the store manager. On all interviews they wanted to know if I was willing to work retail hours, my background and experiance. Was not very hard. Just need to show a desire to work hard and meet sales goals. They are very big on meeting goals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were flexable.