Verizon Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 30, 2017

2.8

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (West Valley City, UT) in July 2017.

Interview

I met with someone at the corporate office in Utah. He was really nice and the interview took probably 45 minutes. He asked standard questions and we did a customer service role play. Then I was lucky enough to find out I would be sent on to the second interview right then and there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Pensacola, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone and takes approximately 45 minutes. Questions were pretty standard but make sure to study the product information sheets they provide prior to the interview and become familiar with the product.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to help an unhappy customer and what you did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Warren, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

45 minute phone interview, pretty detailed. Followed by an in person interview a couple days later. Both involved a lot role-playing scenarios on how to push product and get to know the customer.

Interview Questions

• They go over multiple role-playing scenarios about selling products   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

A couple of days after I applied, I reveived an email stating to complete the assessments required for the position. The assessments were easy, yet time consuming. After I passed the test, I was called for a phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes going over my work history and why I choose this position. I was called 10 minutes after my phone interview for a face to face. The face to face was very easy and the hiring people made me feel comfortable. Most questions were.."Name a time when...". Make sure you answer each question in STAR format. Four days later, I was called for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to meet a sale quota and how did you meet it.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to sell more than your competitor with little to no research   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

They did not contact me despite high qualifications other than sales. I filled out a 1 hour survey. The questions were ambiguous so you need to pay good attention.

Interview Questions

• There are very detailed survey questions online about how you handle interactions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

lots of phone calls and one face to face with store manager from another store. He seemed very busy but it went well. store is very face paced.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Contacted directly by an internal recruiter from my resume which was posted online, set up call to discuss position, business unit and process. Had another phone interview a week or so later and scheduled in person meeting with local contacts. In person interview after that with several members of the local team. No reply or response until finally saying they were going another direction.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a difficult situation in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nevada, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Nevada, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about a week and a half later on a Saturday. I was then scheduled for a phone interview that following Monday which lasted about 15 minutes. After I completed a personality assessment and sent some references, two days later I was scheduled for my skype interview which lasted about 30 minutes. I told them I would think about it. I was called by a local rep who went over some of my concerns and then I decided to call and schedule my third interview which is tomorrow morning. Wondering what all I will have to do in this one?

Interview Questions

• What did you not like about your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Pasadena, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied for a retail sales representative position fortunately for myself I got the job. The best part of the interview was when they hired me on thr spot. I even had a choice of which location I wanted to work at.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Several phone interviews, two or three 'in-person' interviews, lengthy (great vetting) process. No formal offer letter, just another step in the process. This part is pretty advanced - computer related. On boarding process continues to improve. 5 years ago, a few days of quick training, today, a full week of introductions, overviews, main systems familiarity, too much info, but at least you know where to go for help. much better today than 5+ years ago.

Interview Questions

• They had asked for a 90-day business plan - how was I going to success.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just another step in the process. actually, anti-climacteric. HR people seem to have this process down.