Verizon Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.5

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The application process was very straightforward through the Verizon portal. I applied online by submitting my resume and reviewing the online form to add any pertinent information. I was contacted about a week and a half later by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. I set up a phone interview 2 weeks later, although I did have the option to do this immediately. The recruiter was very thorough in explaining details about the position and opportunities to advance at Verizon. She then asked some background questions about work history and then went into behavioral questions. The interview was fluid. If you read through a variety of Glassdoor interviews and spend time looking at behavioral questions and thinking about your past work experience, you will do fine in a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an event in which you had to handle a difficult situation at work and what techniques or strategies did you use to resolve the problem?   1 Answer

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very simple & straight forward. Interviewed with Director & 2 Program Managers. They asked about my favorite shows & work style. They gave me an offer 3 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know JIRA, Excel Pivot tables & VLookup?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was flown out to their San Jose Office for their "Super Day" which consisted of a tour of the office, team-building exercises, and an interview. They pay for the flight and hotel to San Jose and there was no previous interview before this one. I had to complete a video response through Montage before getting the chance to do an in person interview. There were probably 30 other interviewees there at the "super day" and they split us into groups where we completed the aforementioned tasks. I have not gotten a decision yet as it has still not been two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• No coding questions. Started off with a slew of behavioral questions pertaining to topics like conflict resolution and such. Know answers for questions involving teamwork and conflict with team members. Then moved on to questions about resumes, previous intern exp, and side projects. Asked about the skills and languages you list on the resume, and was also asked to draw out the structure of some previous projects on a white board. Heavy emphasis on behavior and resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had to give a online video recording for 5 simple behavioral questions. Following that I was called for an on-site interview on Super Day. I was shown around the San Jose campus and followed by one round of interview.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for initial phone screen. The next round was a video recording behavioral interview. Next was onsite interview which went on for 2 hours. Got an offer after a month.

Product and Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Had to do a video interview where you record yourself answering 5 behavioral questions (can record unlimited number of times). Onsite was behavioral questions and a few questions about my resume. They also showed the interns around the office in San Jose.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

A few days after applying online, was contacted by recruiter to submit an online video montage interview. Answered and recorded a few standard interview questions and now waiting for next phase.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Standard phone screening, then few phone 1:1 with a recruiter and a manager, then the technical interview sharing the screen with the interviewer.

The person doing the technical interview was not friendly, and making clear how she didn't want to do what she was doing; her questions were pretty simple and I had hard time to understand what was she asking.

Due to poor indication, I had to write the same algorithm 3 times. She was also not friendly nor even engaging; she would deliver the question and stay quiet, making the whole process really awkward.

Due to the first impression, I did opt to not continue with the next step of the interview process, and focus on a different company.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions based on sorting, data structures, testing methodologies.   Answer Question

Senior QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very slow like other big companies. Recruiter found my profile online and reached out to me. After a month I got an invite to interview with Oncue team. Interview was fairly simple and straight forward. I thought the interview went in the right direction but never heard from the recruiter. Very unprofessional. Atleast for courtesy they should say "We didn't like you". It is not that our calendar is completely free and the only job we have is going for an interview. Made time and came there for a purpose, It should be employer responsibility to give feedback to candidates instead of leaving them wondering .

Interview Questions

• Write a program to reverse a string, Do you know what Kafka is? What is polymorphism ? What is Abstract class? What is an interface? REST APIs Methods. SQL: Left, Right, Inner Join, Loading file.   Answer Question

Product and Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very smooth. Recruiter contacted me via email. After completing an online application, I completed a montage interview online which consisted of behavioral questions relating to innovation and motivations (why do you want to work here?). I then interviewed with the product manager on-campus, talking about teamwork ethic and past project experience.