Verizon Security Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Security Engineer Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Cary, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with Manager. Interview with manager. Technical interview with team. Technical interview was about 25 minutes using white board. Two team members and one Tech lead. Challenging technical interview but well managed and considerate. Answers provided for missed questions and no real sense of pressure. VERY professional.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between TCP and UDP. Which is more secure? Why? What is the TCP three way handshake? What is process 1 in Unix/Linux? (init) why is it 1? It is the parent of all processes. What are the steps to compile a program using GNU make? README, read configure check it for needed adjustments. ./configure, make, make install, make clean.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Fairfax, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

Job Fair Open House - hiring manager reviewed resume, asked what I'd like to place me I want - some hands-on technical and hands-off policy work would do - so... I was placed on the security and compliance side ... that completed the process. Was contacted 2 weeks later, attended technical interview with 2 technical manager. After that, the offer came in.

Interview Questions

• What network port is used for DNS   1 Answer

Security Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon in January 2011.

Interview

It was a 1:1 interview with the manager and the lead with a few tech q's and few behavioural q's.
    The process was smooth.