Verizon Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2017

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Over the phone with two managers.
Described my job experiences and chronologically gave short examples of areas of concentration in my resume.
I spoke honestly but clearly.
The job was out of state for me, however, they described flexibility for travel.
Overall non-threatening, comfortable interview.
I recommend this company to other consultants.

Interview Questions

• Describe your job experiences.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hourly wage quoted with a per diem for expenses.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. Started with a phone screen with 2 managers, hand one more round with director before receiving an offer after about 2 weeks from an HR representative who was very helpful in answering any of my questions.

Interview Questions

• Reasons for leaving old job, describe background   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation phase, they didn't budge from their original offer.

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied on the Verizon Careers site and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. She reviewed my resume and my LinkedIn and forwarded me to the hiring manager, who I had two interviews with. I had an interview with his manager (an Executive Director) after that and was told it was likely I would receive an offer. It took a very long time to receive an offer but once I had it in hand, the process went fairly quickly after that.

Interview Questions

• Give some examples of difficult negotiations you've undertaken.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They didn't budge at all on base pay - it was the Gypsy curse all over again; I got exactly what I 'wanted.' That is to say, the exact amount I asked for, decremented by the bonus they expect I'll get. They came up in a few other areas, though.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

A few days after applying online I was emailed by an internal recruiter requesting a phone screen. We had the phone screen and I was told that the hiring manager would be in contact. I met with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• They may ask questions regarding working within a highly matrixed environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

The phone interview was with a recruiter. The recruiter made sure I could do the job. Once I passed the phone interview, I had the live interview with the hiring manager and the team. More job specific questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I interviewed at Verizon (Ashburn, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Hiring took a long time, the interview was by phone and in person. The timeline seemed to be extened several times. The phone intrrview was the basic prescreening, and the in person covered the details of the position as well as my background and how I would fit in the group.

Interview Questions

• What is your plan for this position in 30, 60 and 90 days.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

Generally a first round pre-screen with HR. Then typically one or two rounds of interviews with a Manager and Director in the group. The initial screen is generally a walk me through your resume interview with a few probing questions. Nothing too intense. The most rigorous portion of the interview will be the 1:1 with the Associate Director or Manager. Most of the interview questions are situational. The follow up with the Director will be a formality but just a second check to make sure you are professional and articulate.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were tell us about a time when... structure. An example would be something like, tell me about a time when you were presented with a task with unclear instructions. What did you do? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

It was quick. It was a behavioral interview.
    First round was a phone screening, then it was a 1:1 with HR, followed by a panel interview with the directors.
    Mostly behavioral questions were asked, since I was applying for a management position. Overall my interview process was quite smooth and easy.

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

Headhunter found me in LinkedIn. Took about 4 weeks to get through the screening process. Pretty sure about half of this was due to holidays. I came in twice. First time I met with and HR Rep for background and the with my future boss and one othet director. When I returned I met with the HR rep and two other directors. Got an offer the day after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Having not formally interviewed in about 10 years, every question seemed difficult to me. The best thing I did was line up my resume against the job description to identify some potential gaps they may identify and look for the big selling points they saw.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried for more money. However offer was already generous and it did not succeed. However I was glad that I tried.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Baltimore, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

This position is hand picked as individuals are risen through the organization to become the next leaders within the company

Interview Questions

• Goals: What are you short term, intermediate and long term goal   Answer Question