Verizon Interview Questions in Silver Spring, MD | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2016

3.5

FiOS Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

The entire interview process was chaotic and disorganized. HR told me that one manager was going to interview me for the position. I show up and I'm immediately interviewed by a production supervisor that has a whopping two years of telecom experience. The two supervisors kept mentioning diversity during the process. I read between the lines and figured out that they meant a white male had no shot at this job opening. I had to repeat my answers because the interviewer pretended like he did not understand my answers.

Interview Questions

• How did you help calm an angry customer during a heated situation?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

A couple of days after I applied, I reveived an email stating to complete the assessments required for the position. The assessments were easy, yet time consuming. After I passed the test, I was called for a phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes going over my work history and why I choose this position. I was called 10 minutes after my phone interview for a face to face. The face to face was very easy and the hiring people made me feel comfortable. Most questions were.."Name a time when...". Make sure you answer each question in STAR format. Four days later, I was called for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to meet a sale quota and how did you meet it.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to sell more than your competitor with little to no research   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

two person panel interview, basic. Two supervisors, both with pamphlets that way you get two objetive point of views. The interview didn't feel that personal though. Just had to answer questions truthfully. I believe my management background gave me an advantage since I could answer the questions with the company line of sight in mind.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a customer service situation   1 Answer

Negotiation

simple and easy, initial pay was great.

Tech Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

You are asked to come in after a successful phone interview and after going through the in person interview you are then sent for drug test. The interview process was set up as STAR process so they want you to answer their questions in a certain format which can sometimes be intimidating to candidates.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Silver Spring, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got email to take online assessment 1 day later. Called about setting up interview a week later. Had interview with two supervisors very formal. Got decision 2 days later. But training class wasn't until one month later

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Silver Spring, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

Very long and detailed many test. Be prepared get a good night's sleep. There are three stages. Less technical questions more practical questions. You can use a notebook to write the answersand your questions down. Stay confident

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Silver Spring, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online have to pass a series of test three in all computer skills, customer service, and behavioral. If pass all three then you would receive a call for an interview. You need to show up one hour ahead of time. Then answer 30 questions senerio based 45-60 mins in front of a two group panel. If passed you will get a job offer. I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• can you give me an example of a particularly difficult customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Started out by applying. Was contacted about two weeks after for a phone interview. After initial phone interview was required to take tests on computer that tested your ability to follow rules, data entry, and basic LAN networking skills.

Successfully passed the testing and was granted an in person interview where I was asked questions by two managers out of a booklet. The questions were self explanatory customer situation examples. After the interview I was told to wait for a few days for information. Received an email on Saturday telling me to expect to hear more information in the next week which have the hint I probably got the job. Then on Monday I got the call from the initial recruiter offering the job. .

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to provide negative information to a customer and how did you present it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate because it was a union job and after two years there I was going to be making a substantial salary in my opinion.

FiOS Customer Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Silver Spring, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by a two person panel. The panel took turns asking questions and then writing down my answers. Before the questions, I was read the instructions and procedures. I agreed to the terms and then briefly talked about my skills and experience before continuing onto the questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a difficult decision you have to make.   1 Answer

Strategic Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Silver Spring, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

Asked Situation type of questions. Ask for a demonstration of sales technique you use by asking you to make a sales pitch of an object in the room (chair) and try to close them on it.