Verizon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview: Ask question about Visa status, GPA and skills. Was decline after stating my Visa status.
More questions:
Why did you applied for our company?
How did you hear about us?

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Very short interview as it's recommended from a friend. Basic technical questions.

Interview Questions

• None. Every question is expected and not hard to my recall.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon in March 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiting agency, had phone interview with them the following week. Not sure that went that well (behavioral).
    Was told to apply online for all positions I was interested in and that they were having on campus interviews the following weeks (was asked for availability).
    Applied for some jobs online, got one rejections. I don't know about the others, but the on-site dates have passed...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Interview

I applied for Verizon about a year ago through their website, when I was a senior at my university. I got a call from HR for a quick phone screen to see what I was doing in school and what I had experience with, and then I was emailed a week or two later for an in-person interview on my campus. This second interview was filled with behavioral questions from HR, and a few technical questions (generic technical questions like defining terms) from the managers. They sent me an email a couple of days after for one more interview--this time, to see what I had experience with (again) and how I interacted with the team.

Interview Questions

• The only "difficult" question I can remember was to define polymorphism and inheritance.   Answer Question

I had another offer that was with my past company when I was working as an intern.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Has three rounds of interview. First round to check your coding skills, Second round to Validate your skills earned through your experience and Third one is the Managerial Round. Much questions were focused on Scala, Play framework. The Second round of interview was focused on the knowledge of implementation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate happens between the Employer and the Contracting company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

5 rounds of interview, three of them are behavioral and two of them are technical. Got informed that the job is closed before last interview with hr manager and transferred to a new department in same day.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Easy interview.. But hiring manager is not someone with whom i would want to work with..He was asking questions and screaming me in that process..as if I was his employee already..He was not even ready to listen to my explanation since he has some pre-conceived answer.. He is not knowledgable either and i for sure don't want to work with one such manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult.. You can answer all those questions if you have 1 year of experience..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

First a video interview about five behavior questions. Then they contacted me about onsite interview. First went through two interviews with HRs. All asked about questions related to resume, projects. And then a group interview with 5 other candidates to analyze a situation.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you met in the project?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon in December 2014.

Interview

There were two rounds.
    1. Phone interview, mainly checking to see if you're normal. There were few questions about why a Verizon position would interest you plus confirming job preferences IT or engineering.
    2. On site, two rounds behavioral and technical. The technical interview was pretty behavioral in nature, but involved you talking about your coding experience in more detail and what branch of Verizon they could put you in.

Interview Questions

• For the technical interview, know where in Verizon you want to work i.e mobile development etc. Talking about accomplishments on your resume that can help you with the branch you're seeking is important to them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Phone Interview

Interview Questions

• how to eliminate junk data from being persisted in database   Answer Question