Verizon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 3, 2017

2.8

125 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The initial interview process was mostly based on a set of questions that ask one to tell about how he or she solved issues when faced with technical and people challenges.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to...? How did you address the situation, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

After applying very early during the school year, I received an email 2 days later to complete a HireVue video interview, asking you generic behavioral questions. About a month later, I was invited to attend their onsite interview, which was again a simple 45 minute behavioral interview except with an engineering manager. Despite having an itinerary of 4 hours, they could have sent us a specified time slot instead of waiting in a conference room for 2+ hours. Furthermore, some of the other applicants waiting in the room with me had their interview delayed to later in the day because some of the interviewers didn't even show up to work. While the interviewer I spoke to was thankfully a delight and initially sold me on wanting to intern at Verizon, I have waited (rather, I am still waiting) over two months only to receive two emails stating they are trying to find the "best fit" for me. Furthermore, the second email they sent me was addressed to a different person and contained a clearly copied and pasted message which they didn't even bother to edit themselves. Here is a portion of the email: "We are still working hard to find a great fit for you and are working with hiring managers across (Function)." They didn't ask me a single technical question.

This has convinced me that I would never want to work here for both a full time and internship position and would highly suggest to others to look elsewhere for a career in software engineering.

Interview Questions

• Generic behavioral questions, such as "What was a technical challenge that you had to overcome, and what were the steps you took to resolve the challenge and move forward?"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

1 Gave them my resume at my school's career fair
    2 Days later, I got an emal that required me to do an interview video, for the interview video, there were 4 questionsm and we are allowed to re-record our answers as many times as we want
    2 Onsite tech interview

Interview Questions

• What specifically made you choose Verizon?   Answer Question
    • What does Innovation mean to you? Please provide an example of a project you worked on that displayed Innovative thinking.   Answer Question
    • Please share an example of a time when you worked in a group and all had new ideas to share. How did you decide which idea was the best to implement?   Answer Question
    • long/term short term goal   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had to give a online video recording for 5 simple behavioral questions. Following that I was called for an on-site interview on Super Day. I was shown around the San Jose campus and followed by one round of interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

I was emailed a link to do video questionnaire. 5 questions that I had to respond to on the spot and record it. I received a random phone call (from another state) in the morning to ask questions that "could not wait". The questions were extremely intrusive and irrelevant. She was very rude and unapologetic. And this had been my worst interview ever.

Interview Questions

• Who else are you interviewing with? What are their offers?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon in September 2016.

Interview

Got a ondemand interview which requires me to record the video in their online portal. No technic questions and you can record as many times as you want. Havn't received result yet.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

There was a video Interview, which consisted of 6 behavior questions and one of the question asked about how you worked in a group and how you keep up with the current technologies. After the video interview, there was a programming challenge which you had to submit through hackerrank. Once this process was over, I was invited to an onsite interview where they mostly asked about your resume and technical experience. 4 weeks later I was offered a job.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

One HR interview and one technical interview. Both were relatively brief (30-45 minutes), and overall my experience was very positive. The HR interview covered standard teamwork questions (describe a time when you worked on a project as part of a team, describe a time when you went against the status quo), as well as more job-specific questions (what are you looking for in an internship, what do you know about Verizon Digital Media Services). The technical interview focused on my resumé and the skills and experiences I had listed there.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you went against the status quo   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Verizon in February 2016.

Interview

The first step was to submit video recordings to a set of questions. Then they had onsite interviews, which were scheduled during finals, so I couldn't make them. The recruiter told me he would find a different date for me to come in. Radio silence for 2 months. Then an email came in asking if I was still available. A month later I had a phone interview with a manager, who told me he would ask the recruiter to move forward with the process. Two weeks later the recruiter told me they were proceeding with someone else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Talked for 45 min with team members and the manager. Mostly behavioural questions. Salary was a LOT lower than I expected which leaded me to taking another offer. You will be required to take a drug screen and pass a background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge you faced and tell me about the steps you took to overcome the challenge?   Answer Question