Verizon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon in December 2014.

Interview

There were two rounds.
1. Phone interview, mainly checking to see if you're normal. There were few questions about why a Verizon position would interest you plus confirming job preferences IT or engineering.
2. On site, two rounds behavioral and technical. The technical interview was pretty behavioral in nature, but involved you talking about your coding experience in more detail and what branch of Verizon they could put you in.

Interview Questions

• For the technical interview, know where in Verizon you want to work i.e mobile development etc. Talking about accomplishments on your resume that can help you with the branch you're seeking is important to them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Easy interview.. But hiring manager is not someone with whom i would want to work with..He was asking questions and screaming me in that process..as if I was his employee already..He was not even ready to listen to my explanation since he has some pre-conceived answer.. He is not knowledgable either and i for sure don't want to work with one such manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult.. You can answer all those questions if you have 1 year of experience..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

First a video interview about five behavior questions. Then they contacted me about onsite interview. First went through two interviews with HRs. All asked about questions related to resume, projects. And then a group interview with 5 other candidates to analyze a situation.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you met in the project?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

5 rounds of interview, three of them are behavioral and two of them are technical. Got informed that the job is closed before last interview with hr manager and transferred to a new department in same day.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Newark, NJ).

Interview

They started with a phone interview that was strictly behavioral. There was nothing surprising or out of the ordinary that came from that. A week or two later, I was contacted to move on to the second round. I was invited to their headquarters in New Jersey. There were four events there: a behavioral interview, a technical interview, a group activity to judge your ability to work with others, and a tour of the place. The behavioral interview was nothing out of the ordinary. Just make sure you converse well with the HR employee. The technical interview dove more into your resume and technical experience. The group activity was an activity where you were presented a scenario. My case was as shipwreck. We had to work in a group to rank a list of items based on its relevance to our survival. After about two weeks, I was given an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The initial interview process was mostly based on a set of questions that ask one to tell about how he or she solved issues when faced with technical and people challenges.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to...? How did you address the situation, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had to give a online video recording for 5 simple behavioral questions. Following that I was called for an on-site interview on Super Day. I was shown around the San Jose campus and followed by one round of interview.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at a career fair at USC. I didn't think much about it but later got an email saying that I should apply online for the position. I filled out the application which was a bit cumbersome and received an email about a week later to participate in a self-filmed interview. There were 5 questions to answer and I had to record myself answering them within a reasonable time constraint. After passing this round I received a behavioral and technical phone screen and received an offer early after this stage.

Interview Questions

• Q: Using only a long integer, how could you determine which single card is removed from a deck of cards.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I received a phone call from a recruiter in Georgia and was told what my salary would be. I was informed to my disappointment that the compensation was final.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

it was a vedio inteview and i was in my old office, i was asked questions by my current team lead, I was panic that i was going to attend interview with verizon and it wasnt as difficult as i thought

Interview Questions

• About gradle scripts, Java, ext js, google api, Java awt   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Verizon in December 2015.

Interview

the Interview process of verizon is one of the worst, I interview at for 2 position first time for Intern and then for software engineer, First they ask me to give a montage video interview, In which you have to record your answer, after doing so I got a call from HR that I am selected for onsite, then its is now more than 6 months still I am yet to get any details for onsite, I mailed asking her to schedule she doesn't reply, so In short I can say it is just waste of time to apply for verizon.

Interview Questions

• situation based question,
      What you like about Verizon?
      Which is your best decision upto now?
      explain project in which you have been a key player.   Answer Question