Verizon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

asking experience and knowledge related to the position. However, the description of position is general. Interviewee better do the homework and ask lots of questions regarding the position that you are applying for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Verizon in February 2016.

Interview

The first step was to submit video recordings to a set of questions. Then they had onsite interviews, which were scheduled during finals, so I couldn't make them. The recruiter told me he would find a different date for me to come in. Radio silence for 2 months. Then an email came in asking if I was still available. A month later I had a phone interview with a manager, who told me he would ask the recruiter to move forward with the process. Two weeks later the recruiter told me they were proceeding with someone else.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very easy interview. Behavioral was normal, nothing special. Technical interview in the other hand, was..... not a technical question if I say so. They were asked about my interest in field and why, and that was as technical as they got for me at least.

Interview Questions

• What is your interest in field(Computer Science related of course), and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I submit my resume at university's carrer fair, and I get the second interview. And the second round it's a video submission, the video submission have question, all like the basic HR questions and no technical questions. it's very easy questions. Now I get a onsite interview. I am currently prepare the three round interview onsite.

Interview Questions

• the video submission have question, all like the basic HR questions and no technical questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Through an agency, many layers and hoops until I actually talked to a person who made decisions. Was told at any point they position could be closed before being filled because of the finance decisions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

there were two rounds with behavioral and technical questions. received a call within a week after the last round. overall the process was simple.

Interview Questions

• most of the questions were technical. challenges faced while working on a technology   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Online video interview with basic behavioral questions followed by on-campus interview with two Senior Software Engineers. Very bad experience with the post-interview feedback and result process. I was told that the recruiters are looking for a suitable position for me and then there was no response for 2 months. My follow-up emails were ignored..and finally after 4 months I got a reject saying they are done filling the positions. The HR are unprofessional and don't care about the candidates. I wasted my time with their process.. Please stay away.. It's a shame on a company that is growing and doing so well.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked about the projects and basic java questions and choice of technology.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

One HR interview and one technical interview. Both were relatively brief (30-45 minutes), and overall my experience was very positive. The HR interview covered standard teamwork questions (describe a time when you worked on a project as part of a team, describe a time when you went against the status quo), as well as more job-specific questions (what are you looking for in an internship, what do you know about Verizon Digital Media Services). The technical interview focused on my resumé and the skills and experiences I had listed there.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you went against the status quo   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Talked for 45 min with team members and the manager. Mostly behavioural questions. Salary was a LOT lower than I expected which leaded me to taking another offer. You will be required to take a drug screen and pass a background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge you faced and tell me about the steps you took to overcome the challenge?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy and straightforward standard behavioral questions. Asked about previous projects. Easy and straightforward.

I applied online and was reached out to by email and phone call for a phone interview by the recruiter. The recruiter was extremely nice and the interview was easy. The phone interview took 20 minutes, and the questions were easy questions. For example, "Tell me about your summer intern last year?", "What projects did you do?", etc. The recruiter was extremely nice and the interview was easy.

Interview Questions

• "What projects did you do?"

"Tell me about your summer intern last year?"   Answer Question