Verizon Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.7

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Very Professional. 45 minutes. Good probing questions. Structure approach to a well defined problem. There is no trick question, people trying to understand where the candidate's background to see if it's a good match for the business requirement.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

This was the most awkward interview / hiring processes I have ever dealt with. I applied to a position and made it through two interviews with the organization. However, at my third interview, the representative cut my interview short after realizing that although I had significant experience related to the job position, I did not have the specific degree they were seeking. After that interview, I never heard back from another representative. It was a complete waste of their time and my time to make it through 2 interviews only to be rejected for an odd technicality.

Interview Questions

• How would you address individual differences within a team?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

First was a HR round which was not difficult then came the tech interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by the recruiter. The initial was just to get to know each other and then schedule an onsite interview. They flew me to Irving for the onsite interview. Everything was great. It was strange that they didn't ask me to do anything coding during the interview. Just show that you have experience and be confident then you should be fine.

Negotiation

HR called me and offered me the position with detail benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Verizon (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

It was pretty much about behavioral questions and also them asking you what technical skills you have. Trick question " where do you see Verizon going in 5 years"

Anonymous Employee in Mayaguez, PR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Mayaguez, PR) in September 2012.

Interview

It was quite fast paced !

Interview Questions

• When they pulled the good cop/bad cop routine on me i.e. the first interviewer would ask Soft skill questions and the second would ask the hard technical ones.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was my first experience so I did not negotiate and waited on their offer.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Initial Interview from the HR Rep, they then said I would be contacted by the hiring manager. The second (and final) interview was over skype. They asked questions about my resume for the first half, the second half were riddles that I had to answer.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon in August 2011.

Interview

Was a 20 - 40 minute screening interview. At the time this interview and screening process were conducted in a single session. The questions were pertinent to the position being filled and there was no pressure since I already a full time employee at another company.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Reston, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was initially approached by a recruiter who had trawled my details from linkedIn. He setup a phone screen with the hiring manager, who didn't ask any technical questions, just biographical. I was invited for a in person interview, was interviewed by the hiring manager, and one technical member of staff who didn't know enough about my field to ask any challenging questions.

The hiring manager called the next day to offer me the position.

The background/references/drug test took SIX weeks to perform.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negation was permitted, was a take it or leave it setup.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon in April 2017.

Interview

I waited for 2 hours for the recruiter to call me and I did not receive a call. I wrote back saying that I am no longer interested in the job and cancelled the interview