Verizon Technical Support Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Technical Support Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Providence, RI) in January 2017.

Interview

Overall Strange interview with little or no direction on what they wanted from me regarding reviewing of a customer service call and role-playing. The two giving the interview were cordial but not very welcoming. They pretty much stayed to the script of the interview process and didn't really dig deeper for more information unless it was ask of them on the scripted interview sheets they used. Arrived 1/2 hour early but was taken right away. Interview took 1 1/2 even though it was only suppose to take 1 hour. Started with listening to recording of customer service call and then asked what I thought about it. Rest of the interview was standard except for the role-play. Without being given any boundaries I was not sure if I was suppose to do everything I could for the customer or conduct myself per Verizon guidelines (which I had no idea what that was - scenario was an irate customer who had their installation rescheduled due to a snow storm but needed internet installation now due to the fact that he was having a football party the next day. He didn't want to listen to any explanation and wanted to speak to a supervisor - being cautious, I passed him off to the supervisor.....and that is how the interview ended.

Interview Questions

• What is a router?
    What is Wifi?
    What is a set top box?
    What are the steps you would take to solve a problem with a router that is not functioning correctly?
    What are the steps you would take to determine what the problem is with a computer that is not powering up?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on February 7th 2017. Two days later, I received the notification to take the assessment. I took the assessment and received notification that I qualified based on the test. Within 3-5 business days, I received a call from a recruiter scheduling a face to face interview. I had the interview and the managers were great and friendly. Finally, I received a call stating that I received the job a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had a customer that you were unable to satisfy.   Answer Question
    • What is the best input to watch tv for the best quality?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Said I would receive raises until I got to the max pay every 3-6 months.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Very structured and scripted interview done by 2 people.
    They take turns asking you questions and they both write down your answers and grade them. Answer all questions thoroughly so that you get as high a score as possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Garden City, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process is very long. First took the 2 hours online assessment, then did 3 phone interviews then went onsite. After my interview that went very well ( I thought), they sent me another email to let me know they were still interviewing other candidates and after 2 months they sent me another email saying I did not qualify. I guess is because I'm really good because most of their staff sucks.

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (West Valley City, UT) in July 2014.

Interview

initial phone interview & screening, thereafter 2 additional face to face interviews. I had to wait a week and half for any feedback/ offers. the longest period of time passed by due to references being delayed, and waiting for reference confirmation.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a frustrated customer ? all general questions that would relate to customer service and technical support. questions are asked in a manner where they would expect you to answer in a certain way, by describing your situation and then explaining how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon (Nashville, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

Technical support specialist interview discussed my previus experience in customer service and call center environment, also used a format of situation that I was involved in, the task that I was assigned or needed to complete, the action that I took in order to be successful, and the resolution.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult customer, and how did you solve teir problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

they called for an interview over the phone then I interviewed at their building in the west valley. They used the star method of interview asking a variety of situation

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Huntsville, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, went well. Asked about previous employment and typical job situation questions. 2nd part was the assessment, taken on a computer to test multitasking and typing skills. 3rd interview was a final face to face. More similar questions pertaining to the specific job.

I was given an offer for the job, accepted and then had go take a drug test and wait on the results of a background check. Was upfront right off the bat that I had a 5 year old non violent misdemeanor and was told I should be fine just give them the information they need in and when asked.

About a week later I get a call to go over my background check with their own background check department. Was upfront and honest again with the gentleman about the charge and told him everything. Even provided all the documentation I had avaible. He asked for the incident report on the charge as well. However when I went to go get a copy I was told I couldn't pull that on an old closed case unless I had a lawyer subpoena. Can't afford a lawyer to pull that document. Informened the gentleman that I wasn't allowed to pull that without I lawyer that I can't afford. He told me to supply what I had and they'd get back with me. Not 20 minutes later after I sent what I had my offer was rescinded due to my misdemeanor.

Nice to know a disabled veteran with DOD security cleranence is discriminated against over a 5 year old charge that I was upfront and honest about from the get go.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain tech to a novice customer vs an experienced one   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at Verizon in December 2014.

Interview

4 steps: first had to schedule a phone interview than passed and went to site to take the assessment if you passed you moved on, for tech support unlike CSR you have an extra phone interview with hr. The last step if you make it is a face to face with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• First time hiring outside the company, they stilled asked me stuff about os and I totally spaced. She said it was okay bc its normally for internal promotions. I used to work for verizon through an outsourcing place.   Answer Question

Negotiation

$14.90 to start, great benefits, shift differential, more on sundays.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I only got through two parts, phone interview and assessment test. Having past experience with customers and taking corrective technical action is a plus. They will ask you about your past experiences and how they relate to Verizon Wireless.

Interview Questions

• Expect questions on basic communications types of equipment and some standard acronyms during phone interview. Assessment test had 7 parts: technical questions, 2 parts for personality, a timed rule following part, timed typing section, timed problem section with 3 different solutions that you need to rate from good to bad, a multi-task section: simulated incoming calls that need to be transferred while trying to match numbers   1 Answer