Verizon Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Telephone discussion, followed by an onsite panel interview and presentation

Poor experience from a recruitment and company perspective. No feedback provided from recruiter. Not a way to treat prospective employees and clients. Even if it's a no - at least say thank you!

Interview Questions

• What challenges might you anticipate fitting into our culture?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon in April 2017.

Interview

I waited for 2 hours for the recruiter to call me and I did not receive a call. I wrote back saying that I am no longer interested in the job and cancelled the interview

Human Resources Programmer Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Reading, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

2 person interview panel, incumbent and line manager only, with scant preparation by them and obvious, competency based questions. This was lazy interviewing in terms of technique and preparation with the focus purely on what I had done before rather than what I could do in the future. I possibly reflected the poor experience during the interview which may have contributed to me not getting the role.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of where you have done a similar (task) before   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Verizon (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Telephone Interview - In-depth situational telephone interview lasting approximately one hour .

Face to face initial interview with line manager going through my CV and relevant experience. Was asked to give lots of examples of achievement.

Presentation - To direct line manager on why I would be the right candidate for the job.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Was interviewed as a graduate. Depends on the team you are hired for. Have to be through with C++, OS, Data Structures, basic Networking and DBMS, basically all Computer Science concepts.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

Had a face-2-face interview for an open position with the company a couple of years ago.
    The phone interview went very well and was asked to attend a face-to-face interview, which I thought went well. The Hiring Manager was very pleasant and sounded very positive about my prospects.
    However, despite a number of follow-up emails with the third party recruiters, I never received any response or feedback. I'm not so bothered about not being offered the role as I went on to something better, however, I was very disappointed at the fact that the company were not courteous enough to provide me with any feedback following the process. Shameful really.. Probably a good indication of the potential working environment.

Interim Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Reading, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Had an initial agency conducted phone interview checking my skills, experience and explaining the role, then a manager 'traditional' face to face competency based inteview, and then a few days later, a peer-group interview.

IT Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Started with a CV screening which shortlisted to around 200 people, followed by phone interview asking about the specifics of the company and CV details down to 25 and finally onsite interview which had a technical part and a competency part.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Reading, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

Fist of all you have to apply online - you have to fill in their application form including cover letter, CV and basic questions. After preliminary screening, you will be interviewed over the phone, my interview lasted 40 minutes, usually it is about 30 mins. When being successful, you will be invited for personal interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you say if you were a Verizon employee and your parents asked you to tell them who you are working for?   Answer Question
    • As a university student, what subjects are you currently pursuing? Which one of them do you like most and why? Have you been involved in any projects? If so, what was your role in the project and what do you think was your strength?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Reading, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial CV and Covering Letter. Then telephone interview. Then face-to-face interviews with departments.